Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Pope Francis tells gay man: 'God made you like that and loves you like that'

Re: Pope Francis tells gay man: 'God made you like that and loves you like that'

Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    Whatever a person struggles with, if their desire to please and serve God is greater, they are fit for the Kingdom of God. What that looks like here in this temporary dispensation will differ. Similarly, I personally believe that physical healing is God's will, but I know that everyone doesn't get healed. I look to a verse in Hebrews for understanding:

Hebrews 2:8 You have put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that He put all in subjection under him, He left nothing that is not put under him. But now we do not yet see all things put under him.

What we see in the now is not always God's perfect will. That's because the world we live in is cursed by sin. In fact, the only thing that has received redemption in planet earth is the soul of a follower of Christ. All else groans for full redemption (Romans 8).

Ath, you have my compassion and prayers for your struggle and I apologize if I represented myself insensitively.
    Ah nah, you're good -- well said

Re: Pope Francis tells gay man: 'God made you like that and loves you like that'

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    When the affliction is a wound in our hearts, yes. He came to bind up the broken hearted.
    Don't you think the person with extreme and painful physical disabilities is just as deserving of having their broken heart bound up as the person who is drawn to people of their own sex? Why is the homosexual more deserving of healing than the person whose body is gradually falling apart due to cancer or MS?

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    The fact that you've - twice now - missed that I agree with you on some of aspects of the issue is really telling.
    I've just been trying to give you some friendly advice is all and now I'll stop. Take it as intended or continue to see it as...however it is you're seeing it.

Seems to me you're only looking at posts for points to argue about and refusing to consider what's actually being said.
    Otherwise you would know that you and I already agree on things you want to continue to debate with me.
    I wasn't referring to you.

I just noticed I quoted two people in one post. Does anyone know how I did that? It could be useful.

I believe if you reply twice in the same thread in a short amount of time, it will automatically bundle them together into one post.

Let me try.....................

Yep. Confirmed. This is my third post in a row............
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    I just noticed I quoted two people in one post. Does anyone know how I did that? It could be useful.
    I have done that to, completely by accident every time . I have no idea how to repeat it.
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I have done that to, completely by accident every time . I have no idea how to repeat it.
    The 'quote +' button next to 'Reply With Quote' is 'multiquote'. Go, be free.

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    The 'quote +' button next to 'Reply With Quote' is 'multiquote'. Go, be free.
    I wondered what that button did. I don't think I used it but maybe I did. I think the thing about posting twice is more likely.

I wondered what that button did. I don't think I used it but maybe I did. I think the thing about posting twice is more likely.
    Yes, a quick two replies will group those replies into a single post. I'm sure it happened to me once or twice.
    Do not say, Why were the old days better than these? For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

If you reply twice in the same thread in a short amount of time, it will automatically bundle them together into one post.
    9 Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. 10 So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith. - Galatians 6:9-10 NASB

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/21/europ...ntl/index.html

So God loves homosexuals despite 1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men"

How can God love homosexuals if they will not inherit the Kingdom of God?

Thoughts on this?
    What are your thoughts on popery?

Jude
    Weve reduced God to a minimum. Most of us are trying to get to heaven with minimum spirituality. If we looked after our business like we look after our soul, wed be bankrupt years ago! The materialism has crept in and its blinded us! It has become a way of life.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    What are your thoughts on popery?

Jude
    I like the smell. Fills the whole room with a lovely fragrance.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old man View Post
    I like the smell. Fills the whole room with a lovely fragrance.
    I especially like the type you light a candle under.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Kind if a dumb comment by the Pope, now that I think about it. Would he say the same thing to a serial killer or a pedophile?

God makes people with character flaws that they need to work to overcome, not to accept as they are and act out their basest impulses.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Translucent1 View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/21/europ...ntl/index.html

So God loves homosexuals despite 1 Corinthians 6:9 "Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men"

How can God love homosexuals if they will not inherit the Kingdom of God?

Thoughts on this?
    when I had conversations on similar subjects with representatives of the Orthodox Church, Muslims and Jews, there was agreement that a sin is called when a person commits it. Predisposition is not a sin, a person can lead an asexual lifestyle and can not be condemned for "homosexuality" according to the Scriptures. Scripture condemns sin itself, and in regard to predisposition the Scripture is silent. It is in the style of medieval superstition to make a fuss about the words of Pope Francis, because in his words there is nothing wrong and contrary to Scripture.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Kind if a dumb comment by the Pope, now that I think about it. Would he say the same thing to a serial killer or a pedophile?
    Are you so superstitious that for you a homosexual and a maniac is the same thing? you might think that the killer or maniac depends on whether a homosexual person or not.

Thread Information