View Poll Results: Are all spirits angels?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

12 92.31%
  • Yes

1 7.69%
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Angels are spirits so then are all spirits angels?

Blog Entries

Re: Angels are spirits so then are all spirits angels?

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    I understand what the word means. Why insult me by implying I cannot understand an English word? Why is that your type of response?

You have failed to show a transformation from two bodies ever happening, especially failed to show it ever needs to happen. Angels aren't bodiless. They have zero need to transform into human looking bodies because their natural bodies already look human.
    No, you don't understand what the word means, otherwise why claim that transformation didn't occur? Angels are spirits that are invisible to man and the only process in which we (flesh and blood) can see one is if they take on bodies similar to ours and that is called TRANSFORMATION.

Just like we (flesh and blood) will transform into the spiritual body in the rapture.

Angels have spiritual bodies which are different from ours. The physical body CANNOT see or interact with the spiritual unless the spiritual comes down to our level -- again, that is called transformation.

Transformation goes both ways; the spiritual assuming a body like ours at will and mortal flesh assuming a spiritual body i.e. in the rapture.

Blog Entries

angels already look like men.
    Angels have visible bodies. They have real bodies. The bodies are simply superior than human bodies but otherwise look identical similar to how Christ had a real physical body after resurrection but it was his glorified body. It looked just like his old body but was very much superior.
    They must look like something. However they taken on the appearance of more than man so they must be able to transform into many forms.

Was Christ then an angel (spirit with a glorified body) once he was resurrected?

Still there is no difference between spirits and angels.

4*Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    The answer is NO. Nothing in the Bible suggests that angels have the power to indwell anyone. Only the Holy Spirit can

Again demons indwell do they not so why not holy spirits??

what value will they add to life by indwelling anyone?
    Scripture says to minister .....the only way I know an angel can minister is to indwell a body. And thus if one is indwelled with a holy spirit then it can have influence on the body.

Now we say this is left to the Holy Spirit. Is it possible the holy spirit can indwell more than one person at a time, of course. So then is the Holy Spirit comprised of myriads of "holy" spirits? And what really can a "holy" angel be other than holy. See what I mean....

Psalms
    4*Who maketh his angels spirits; his ministers a flaming fire:

Heb 1
    14*Are they not all ministering spirits, sent forth to minister for them who shall be heirs of salvation?

1 Pt 1:12
    Unto whom it was revealed, that not unto themselves, but unto us they did minister the things, which are now reported unto you by them that have preached the gospel unto you with the Holy Ghost sent down from heaven; which things the angels desire to look into.

Acts 2
    2*And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
    2*And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
    3*And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
    4*And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

Matt 245
    31*When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him, then shall he sit upon the throne of his glory:

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post

Again demons indwell do they not so why not holy spirits??
    Ross, can you post a verse that you have used to understand that demons "indwell" instead of possess? Thanks brother.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Ross, can you post a verse that you have used to understand that demons "indwell" instead of possess? Thanks brother.
    Are they not the same???

Blog Entries

Are they not the same???
    Trying to determine that with any scripture you post

Lets think about this and face this one step at a time. Let's start with, in all the verses with the term "possess," is the Holy Spirit involved or is a demon involved AND is the possession positive for the one possessed or is the possession negative for the one possessed?

Honest answers will help in determining whether or not "possession" and "indwelling" are the same or not the same
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Are they not the same???
    No, they are not the same. The key word is "indwell" and *possess*. These words tell the difference between God's angels and Satan's demons.

Blog Entries

No, they are not the same. The key word is "indwell" and *possess*. These words tell the difference between God's angels and Satan's demons.
    Indwell isn't in the bible. Possession is to fully control, but it is done by a spirit dwelling in a person so:

All possessions are an indwelling (of a spirit within a human), but not all indwellings (of a spirit within a human) are possessions.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

Indwell isn't in the bible. Possession is to fully control, but it is done by a spirit dwelling in a person so:

All possessions are an indwelling (of a spirit within a human), but not all indwellings (of a spirit within a human) are possessions.
    HA... that's almost like saying:

Angels are spirits so then are all spirits angels.... wait, where have I heard that

1 Cor 3:16 is a good verse about the Holy Spirit "dwelling" in a person. Dwelling meaning... accepted to be joined with "in" dwell. Again, to associate demons with "in dwelling" with a person, makes no sense. Just as to associate the Holy Spirit with "possessing" a person, makes no sense.

Tell me... a person is "filled" by the Holy Spirit, which means... if your line of thought is to be followed through, then when a demon has possessed, then that person is "filled" by a demon. But ONLY the Holy Spirit is associated with "filling" a person, not any demon in scripture

How bout 2 Cor 6:16? Dwell IN them (people) who are God's.

So the term "indwell" is semantics or worse, Christianese lingo. But the MEANING is clear just as the meaning of terms like possess is clear. (In)dwelling is associated with God and possess(ion) is associated with satan.

Saying that all possessions are an indwelling... I will disagree based on just the few verses I mentioned about what "in" dwelling or "to" dwell, or "filled" is associated with.
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

HA... that's almost like saying:

Angels are spirits so then are all spirits angels.... wait, where have I heard that
    I think it would be "All angels are spirits but not all spirits are angels"

1 Cor 3:16 is a good verse about the Holy Spirit "dwelling" in a person. Dwelling meaning... accepted to be joined with "in" dwell. Again, to associate demons with "in dwelling" with a person, makes no sense. Just as to associate the Holy Spirit with "possessing" a person, makes no sense.
    Two things: It is written there comes a time when the Father will speak through people and it won't be the people choosing the words so that is a form of possession.

1Co 3:16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?

G3611
    οἰκέω
    oikeō
    Thayer Definition:
    1) to dwell in
    Part of Speech: verb
    A Related Word by Thayer’s/Strong’s Number: from G3624
    Citing in TDNT: 5:135, 674

Rom_7:17 also uses the term for sin dwelling in man so it doesn't have a "positive-only" meaning.

Tell me... a person is "filled" by the Holy Spirit, which means... if your line of thought is to be followed through, then when a demon has possessed, then that person is "filled" by a demon. But ONLY the Holy Spirit is associated with "filling" a person, not any demon in scripture
    I never used the term "filled" so this is irrelevant. I am taking a close look at this theory that "indwell" and "possess" have different meanings. So far, indwell or dwell simply means to dwell inside...can apply to good or bad things. Possess can be used in a negative or a positive sense so I donm't see much validation is the need to separate the words strictly.

Saying that all possessions are an indwelling... I will disagree based on just the few verses I mentioned about what "in" dwelling or "to" dwell, or "filled" is associated with.
    The definition of the word supports a negative or positive indwelling. "Christianese lingo" doesn't override anything for me personally.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

OK, let's try it another way.

1. Throughout the Bible, the word "possess" is used to describe the situation when EVIL spirits enter somebody's life, e.g. the man that lived in the tombs (Mark 5; Matt 12:22; Luke 4:33) etc. What stands out with such experience is that the demons enter the host's life forcefully and secondly, the demons make their lives miserable with torment.

2. But this scenario is in sharp contrast when the Spirit of God enters a believer's life. Jesus said in Rev 3:20 "Behold I stand at the door and knock if any man opens I will come in and sup with him", this plainly shows that the Spirit of God dwells in a man by consent. Furthermore, instead of hurt, the Spirit advances the believer's life.

Slug1 has already cited 2 Cor 6:16 and other passages that show that the Holy Spirit *indwells* us rather than possess.

Blog Entries

OK, let's try it another way.

1. Throughout the Bible, the word "possess" is used to describe the situation when EVIL spirits enter somebody's life, e.g. the man that lived in the tombs (Mark 5; Matt 12:22; Luke 4:33) etc. What stands out with such experience is that the demons enter the host's life forcefully and secondly, the demons make their lives miserable with torment.

2. But this scenario is in sharp contrast when the Spirit of God enters a believer's life. Jesus said in Rev 3:20 "Behold I stand at the door and knock if any man opens I will come in and sup with him", this plainly shows that the Spirit of God dwells in a man by consent. Furthermore, instead of hurt, the Spirit advances the believer's life.

Slug1 has already cited 2 Cor 6:16 and other passages that show that the Holy Spirit *indwells* us rather than possess.
    Nothing is new here. There is a positive and negative form of possession and indwelling.

Blog Entries

Nothing is new here. There is a positive and negative form of possession and indwelling.
    Can you give an example of a positive, "possession? "
    Slug1--out

Can you give an example of a positive, "possession? "
    The Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    The Holy Spirit in the life of a believer.
    That would be the Holy Spirit in dwelling a person when they choose to believe.

Focusing on the difference between the Holy Spirit filling a person or in dwelling compared to a demons oppression of a person or possession.
    Slug1--out

Thread Information