View Poll Results: Are all spirits angels?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

12 92.31%
  • Yes

1 7.69%
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Angels are spirits so then are all spirits angels?

Blog Entries

Angels are spirits so then are all spirits angels?

Why or why not?

Blog Entries

Re: Angels are spirits so then are all spirits angels?

No, I think the simplest example against this would be:

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Cor. 3:17)

... the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my (Jesus's) name, will teach you everything. (John 14:26)

For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son, today I have begotten you?" (Heb. 1:5)

So for one the Spirit of the Lord can't be an angel.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    No, I think the simplest example against this would be:

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Cor. 3:17)

... the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my (Jesus's) name, will teach you everything. (John 14:26)

For to which of the angels did God ever say, "You are my Son, today I have begotten you?" (Heb. 1:5)

So for one the Spirit of the Lord can't be an angel.
    How about the Angel of the Lord? Would that not be the same as the Spirit of the Lord?

Scripture does not teach angels are spirits. It says he makes them spirits - referring to God using them in action for war, judgment, and helping his people. He makes them like wind. It does not say their constitution is spirit. Scripture teaches us that they have a body and that they are so much like humans you cannot tell they are not. They are created beings with a body just as man is, just as all creatures that are not God.

You started with a false premise - Angels are spirits.

Blog Entries

Maybe your answer lies in this question . Are all demonic spirits fallen angels ?

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Dropping in a card.... Hebrews 1:14
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    It does not say their constitution is spirit.
    if they are not spirits then what are they? Is them some other species out there, aliens?

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    Maybe your answer lies in this question . Are all demonic spirits fallen angels ?
    I would say yes.....

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    if they are not spirits then what are they?
    I answered this already, according to plain scripture. Re-read my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Dropping in a card.... Hebrews 1:14
    2 Kings 6:16, 17, 20

Blog Entries

I answered this already, according to plain scripture. Re-read my post.
    well whatever you said makes no sence......

What are you trying to say?????

16 And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.

17 And Elisha prayed, and said, Lord, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the Lord opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

18 And when they came down to him, Elisha prayed unto the Lord, and said, Smite this people, I pray thee, with blindness. And he smote them with blindness according to the word of Elisha.

19 And Elisha said unto them, This is not the way, neither is this the city: follow me, and I will bring you to the man whom ye seek. But he led them to Samaria.

20 And it came to pass, when they were come into Samaria, that Elisha said, Lord, open the eyes of these men, that they may see. And the Lord opened their eyes, and they saw; and, behold, they were in the midst of Samaria.

Blog Entries

Hebrews 1:7

There is a balance Noeb. Which ditch will be chosen... one ditch, ONLY spirit (can't be seen as God the Father can't be seen) or the other ditch, human form (with or without physical human limitations)?

Based on all the many scriptures and examples throughout the Bible, angels are not physical only and take whatever form God wills/needs for ministry and missions to be accomplished.

I won't toss out the 2 King 6 verses, nor will I toss out the scriptures I raised... but do I accept BOTH? Yep... so lets meet in the balanced center of the road where we find evidence that shows us all that angels can be both in the spirit (can't be seen or forms we don't recognize as angels WHILE they work for God) and also in physical (can be seen but we may still not recognize WHILE they work for God)

BTW... I would use the 2 King 6 verses as support that angels are spirits (can be invisible to natural eyesight)
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    Why or why not?
    All oranges are fruits but not all fruits are oranges.

The scriptures speak of unclean spirits , or fallen angels. They are no longer angels.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    The scriptures speak of unclean spirits , or fallen angels. They are no longer angels.
    Bible mentions many spirits, demons, familiar spirits, man (even), angels, etc

A main point in the Bible is also this... we are to test or try "all" spirits.

This thread came to mind: https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...e-in-the-Bible

Also... to answer the OP's question, NO! First and foremost, the Holy Spirit is not an angel.

Ross... you did similar threads some years back, listed at the bottom of the page: https://bibleforums.org/showthread.php/230824-Are-all-spirits-angels

and

https://bibleforums.org/showthread.p...y-spirits-quot
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    All oranges are fruits but not all fruits are oranges.

Thread Information