Thread: Saved Just In Time

Saved Just In Time

My dad to whom I was very close, drank himself to death because my mom had an affair. After he died, my world just fell apart. I began drinking very heavily and was with a guy who physically abused me. The place where I worked was going to fire me because of my drinking. I was heading home up the I-75 going about 95 miles an hour trying to get to work on time. I fell asleep at the wheel and woke up just before I smashed into the back of a transport. My car overturned several times into a field.My face hit the steering wheel and my teeth were knocked loose. Other than that my injuries were cosmetic, a scar under my lip and near my eye and a broken baby finger. I knew I should have been dead or very badly hurt and I figured it was a miracle from God. I got down on my knees beside my bed and I asked Jesus to forgive me and I surrendered my life to Him.

I was supposed to go for counselling for my drinking but I phoned the and said I didn't need it, that I had found the answer. The lady on the other end asked me what that was. I told her I had Jesus Christ. She said she thought I needed to come in. I said, " I have Jesus and the Bible and that is all I need." My mother was very skeptical at first but she saw over time that the change as real. I started dating my husband in 1975 and we were married in 1977. Over the years, I often talked to my mom about the Bible and the Lord and she also got saved in 1991, just 5 months before she died of cancer.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Saved Just In Time

Hooah! God is always glorified in the testimony of His work in our lives and in the lives of others. Even in tragedy and loss, God is glorified and it is our experiences testified before the lost of this world that allows us to connect first and with that door open, present Christ as we develop the connection. Sorry for your loss of loved ones.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Quote Originally Posted by Blue_Eyes View Post
    My dad to whom I was very close, drank himself to death because my mom had an affair. After he died, my world just fell apart. I began drinking very heavily and was with a guy who physically abused me. The place where I worked was going to fire me because of my drinking. I was heading home up the I-75 going about 95 miles an hour trying to get to work on time. I fell asleep at the wheel and woke up just before I smashed into the back of a transport. My car overturned several times into a field.My face hit the steering wheel and my teeth were knocked loose. Other than that my injuries were cosmetic, a scar under my lip and near my eye and a broken baby finger. I knew I should have been dead or very badly hurt and I figured it was a miracle from God. I got down on my knees beside my bed and I asked Jesus to forgive me and I surrendered my life to Him.

I was supposed to go for counselling for my drinking but I phoned the and said I didn't need it, that I had found the answer. The lady on the other end asked me what that was. I told her I had Jesus Christ. She said she thought I needed to come in. I said, " I have Jesus and the Bible and that is all I need." My mother was very skeptical at first but she saw over time that the change as real. I started dating my husband in 1975 and we were married in 1977. Over the years, I often talked to my mom about the Bible and the Lord and she also got saved in 1991, just 5 months before she died of cancer.
    That's because it was real . I assume from your post that you were saved in the 70's ? If so , then it's an even more amazing testimony of the ability of Christ to keep what He has changed. I have an evangelist friend who has traveled the globe and shared Christ for 50 years and is now in his 80's. He told me about a year ago that " I just never got over being saved". I've thought about his statement for a year now and I believe that he knew what he was talking about. We just don't get over being saved.

Well, I have about the same ? I stopped drinking it was getting hard to keep on wanting to drink...
    My Pa was a drunk, and I guess I followed......... But I kept trying to stop drinking and finally I did....
    Just before we found a good church to go to....... How amazing that was....
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

When I got saved, it seemed like I'd been in a dark room and suddenly someone turned on the light. I was awed by God's creation whereas before, I just never noticed. I remember walking uptown and seeing a small violet growing near a tree and it was so beautiful. Our friend's wife passed away recently and I am now trying to encourage their 9 children, The oldest 2 are a challenge but I can seeves. the Lord working in their li

A New Creation is exactly that. NEW !!! Love the post grams.

Thanks for sharing Blue Eyes. God bless.

Thread Information