Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

Banghead Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

(Deu7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself,above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu7:8 KJV) But because theLORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had swornunto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand,and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand ofPharaoh King of Egypt.

(Deu7:9 KJV) Know thereforethat the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepethcovenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandmentsto a thousand generations;

(Deu7:11 KJV) Thou shalttherefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments,which I command thee this day, to do them.

(Deu7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu7:13 KJV) And he will lovethee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruitof thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, andthine oil, theincrease of thy kin,and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thyfathers to give thee.

------- THEN FOR SOME REASON--------
    ---------EVERYTHING CHANGED-----------
    Why?

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land,they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings:their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon theland, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Ido not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but formine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among theheathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, Ohouse of Israel.

What happened to the chosen ones?

Blog Entries

Re: Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

Welcome to BF!!

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Those? They show back up in the [future context] Olivet Discourse (in the "Son of man cometh" contexts), in Matt24:22,24,31; Mk13:20,22,27; and its related "Son of man cometh" context of Lk18:7-8 ["he will execute the avenging of them IN QUICKNESS [noun]"; see the wider context of Lk17:22-37 along with 18:7-8 "avenge his own elect"]

The "blindness... UNTIL" (Rom11:25[15])

is the text to large?
    I made it smaller

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    Those? They show back up in the [future context] Olivet Discourse (in the "Son of man cometh" contexts), in Matt24:22,24,31; Mk13:20,22,27; and its related "Son of man cometh" context of Lk18:7-8 ["he will execute the avenging of them IN QUICKNESS [noun]"; see the wider context of Lk17:22-37 along with 18:7-8 "avenge his own elect"]

The "blindness... UNTIL" (Rom11:25[15])
    You are showing me bits and pieces of verses & I cannot follow what you are trying to say. Treat me like an 8th grader and just spell it out for me ok?

Blog Entries

You should be aware that the Deuteronomy quote refers to all of the 12 tribes of Israel, whereas Ezekiel is prophesying about the House of Israel, a separate nation from the House of Judah.

Judah has returned to a part of the holy Land, but in apostasy. Israel, that is the Northern ten tribes remain scattered around the world. They have mainly, become the Christian peoples and will be gathered back soon after the Lord's Day of wrath, which will clear and cleanse the Land. Deuteronomy 32:34-43, Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Psalms 107

Quote Originally Posted by markboyce View Post
    You are showing me bits and pieces of verses & I cannot follow what you are trying to say. Treat me like an 8th grader and just spell it out for me ok?
    Sorry. If you take a look at the "bits and pieces" I supplied, you'll see that I posted verses having to do with the "elect" (of those contexts) and also mentioned its "future" setting/context. Does that help any?

By the way, welcome markboyce. Hope to see you around the boards.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    You should be aware that the Deuteronomy quote refers to all of the 12 tribes of Israel, whereas Ezekiel is prophesying about the House of Israel, a separate nation from the House of Judah..,.,.,.,
    The only biblical reference I can find speaking about "Israel" is the following---

Genesis 32:28
    And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Jacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God and with men, and hast prevailed.

And I also found this---

(Gen 45:21 KJV) And the children of Israel did so: and Joseph gave them wagons, according to the commandment of Pharaoh, and gave them provision for the way.

(Gen 47:1 KJV) Then Joseph came and told Pharaoh, and said, My father [ISRAEL] and my brethren, and their flocks, and their herds, and all that they have, are come out of the land of Canaan; and, behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:3 KJV) And Pharaoh said unto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said unto Pharaoh, Thy servants are shepherds, both we, and also our fathers.

(Gen 47:4 KJV) They said moreover unto Pharaoh, For to sojourn in the land are we come; for thy servants have no pasture for their flocks; for the famine is sore in the land of Canaan: now therefore, we pray thee, let thy servants dwell in the land of Goshen.

(Gen 47:5 KJV) And Pharaoh spake unto Joseph, saying, Thy father [ISRAEL] and thy brethren are come unto thee:

(Gen 47:6 KJV) The land of Egypt is before thee; in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell; in the land of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any men of activity among them, then make them rulers over my cattle.

(Gen 47:11 KJV) And Joseph placed his father [ISRAEL] and his brethren, and gave them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

Were Egyptians part of the 12 tribes-?

just kidding.

Blog Entries

The only biblical reference I can find speaking about "Israel" is the following---
    God caused the 12 Tribes of all Israel to separate after Solomon died. 1 Kings 12:24 They are referred to, over 160 times in the Bible as the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

We await the great re-joining as described in Ezekiel 37, then the gathering, judging and settling of all His faithful people in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 20:34-38, Ezekiel 34:11-16

God caused the 12 Tribes of all Israel to separate after Solomon died. 1 Kings 12:24 They are referred to, over 160 times in the Bible as the House of Israel and the House of Judah.

We await the great re-joining as described in Ezekiel 37, then the gathering, judging and settling of all His faithful people in all of the holy Land. Ezekiel 20:34-38, Ezekiel 34:11-16

Thanks for your reply. I am still trying to put together the pieces and you are helping me along; again thanks

Didn't the rejoining occur in 1947ad?

Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

(Deu7:6 KJV) For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself,above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

(Deu7:7 KJV) The LORD did not set his love upon you, nor choose you, because ye were more in number than any people; for ye were the fewest of all people:

(Deu7:8 KJV) But because theLORD loved you, and because he would keep the oath which he had swornunto your fathers, hath the LORD brought you out with a mighty hand,and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand ofPharaoh King of Egypt.

(Deu7:9 KJV) Know thereforethat the LORD thy God, he is God, the faithful God, which keepethcovenant and mercy with them that love him and keep his commandmentsto a thousand generations;

(Deu7:11 KJV) Thou shalttherefore keep the commandments, and the statutes, and the judgments,which I command thee this day, to do them.

(Deu7:12 KJV) Wherefore it shall come to pass, if ye hearken to these judgments, and keep, and do them, that the LORD thy God shall keep unto thee the covenant and the mercy which he swore unto thy fathers:

(Deu7:13 KJV) And he will lovethee, and bless thee, and multiply thee: he will also bless the fruitof thy womb, and the fruit of thy land, thy corn, and thy wine, andthine oil, theincrease of thy kin,and the flocks of thy sheep, in the land which he sware unto thyfathers to give thee.

------- THEN FOR SOME REASON--------
    ---------EVERYTHING CHANGED-----------
    Why?

(Ezek 36:17 KJV) Son of man, when the house of Israel dwelt in their own land,they defiled it by their ..own way and by their doings:their way was before me as the uncleanness of a removed woman.

(Ezek 36:18 KJV) Wherefore I poured my fury upon them for the blood that they had shed upon theland, and for their idols wherewith they had polluted it.

(Ezek 36:22 KJV) Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Ido not this for your sakes, O house of Israel, but formine holy name's sake, which ye have profaned among theheathen, whither ye went.

(Ezek 36:24 KJV) For I will take you from among the heathen, and gather you out of all countries, and will bring you into your own land.

(Ezek 36:31 KJV) Then shall ye remember your own evil ways, and your doings that were not good, and shall loathe yourselves in your own sight for your iniquities and for your abominations.

(Ezek 36:32 KJV) Not for your sakes do I this, saith the Lord GOD, be it known unto you: be ashamed and confounded for your own ways, Ohouse of Israel.

The key words are, "for ye were the fewest of all people." God enjoys both large and small. You would think He would enjoy "large" most of all. We think of God having greater love for greater people--men like Job, Abraham, and David. But in reality, God equally likes "small." He set His great affection upon little Israel. Why? It was because Israel set an example for all nations, big or small, as to what God loves and why He loves them.

God loves large nations not because they are large but because they serve a purpose in God's Kingdom. To God, all nations are small. But God likes sizeable nations because He wishes for them to do sizeable tasks.

But God equally has tasks for small nations, wishing them to break things down into their component parts to show, in simple terms, the things that really have value for God.

Since all things are small before God, both large and small nations, what are the component parts? What are the simple things that God is interested in?

Well obviously, in large nations God is interested in the government of that nation being concerned about even the individuals of that nation, and not special interest blocs, or blocs of wealthy donors, or various factions of any kind. The smallest component part is the individual, which God loves.

In the same way, God loves individual nations. He loved Israel, and still does. But one of the component parts that God requires, and loves, is faith. That is, the nation that pleases God must be faithful to God's word, to God's spirit, to God's character. They must fulfil the purpose for which God created it.

So Israel has been a model of simple aspects of God's love that apply to all nations. That has been Israel's purpose. And the fact Israel falls in and out of favor with God simply shows what all nations are confronted with--the choice to do good or evil.

Israel has shown a propensity towards evil. Leaven leavens the whole lump, and causes the masses to incline towards evil. But there are always a few who maintain their faith. This too is the example Israel was to show all nations, that there should be an element of the faithful in each of them, and that they should have to resist evil in the majority until after God completes the process of judgment. Then the weak can be restored, and the deceived forgiven. But those who choose evil without repentance will suffer an eternal fire. They will be removed from earth's future paradise.

Blog Entries

Didn't the rejoining occur in 1947ad?
    No. The prophecy of Ezekiel 37 remains unfulfilled. Read that chapter carefully and see that it obviously has not happened yet.

The Jews were chosen because they are descended from the Patriarchs, as you noted in Deuteronomy 7. They were scattered because of sin, which is all over the prophets. They will be gathered because God is faithful and will keep the promises He made. See Leviticus 26: I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land. For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its sabbaths while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees. Yet in spite of this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them or abhor them so as to destroy them completely, breaking my covenant with them. I am the Lord their God. But for their sake I will remember the covenant with their ancestors whom I brought out of Egypt in the sight of the nations to be their God. I am the Lord
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    The Jews were chosen because they are descended from the Patriarchs, as you noted in Deuteronomy 7. They were scattered because of sin, which is all over the prophets. They will be gathered because God is faithful and will keep the promises He made. See Leviticus 26: I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land. For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its sabbaths while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees. Yet in spite of this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them or abhor them so as to destroy them completely, breaking my covenant with them. I am the Lord their God. But for their sake I will remember the covenant with their ancestors whom I brought out of Egypt in the sight of the nations to be their God. I am the Lord
    Now this is one of the most emotional statements in history. God will *never* give up on His people Israel. He sets an example of His eternal faithfulness to Man, as exemplified in His undying love for Israel. And this history stretches across all time thus far! It is the greatest love story of all, I think. And it is intended for all men, and all nations, to learn by.

Thread Information