Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

Blog Entries

Re: Why were they CHOSEN then SCATTERED and then GATHERED; WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Now this is one of the most emotional statements in history. God will *never* give up on His people Israel. He sets an example of His eternal faithfulness to Man, as exemplified in His undying love for Israel. And this history stretches across all time thus far! It is the greatest love story of all, I think. And it is intended for all men, and all nations, to learn by.
    So then, who exactly IS Israel?
    Is it only the citizens of the State of Israel? Plus maybe another 10 million around the world who call themselves Jews?
    Are they the Israel of God, as Paul says in Galatians 6:16?

Why does Romans 9:27 and many other prophesies plainly state that only a remnant of ethnic Israel will be saved, if as you think; God intends to redeem them?

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    So then, who exactly IS Israel?
    Is it only the citizens of the State of Israel? Plus maybe another 10 million around the world who call themselves Jews?
    Are they the Israel of God, as Paul says in Galatians 6:16?

Why does Romans 9:27 and many other prophesies plainly state that only a remnant of ethnic Israel will be saved, if as you think; God intends to redeem them?
    You already know well my position. God intends to save *nations,* and not just *individuals.* He saves nations because He loves *societies,* and not just small *cults.* He wants to provide a good social environment for all, and He can't do that unless an overall constitution is set up that guarantees that.

So you are just thinking of people who will get saved in the end. But you forget the process necessary to get there. To get people saved they have to be in an environment that enables them to get saved. And so, God reaches out to entire societies, and not just to individual messengers.

When the Scriptures speak of Israel reduced down to a small remnant, they are speaking of down times in the nation's history--not of all times. There are times when the nation is thriving, and many find righteousness.

And there are other times when sin, like leaven, permeates the society and pulls upon the lowest element in humanity. Then righteousness is reduced to a few, and the nation is saved only as by a relative handful--as by a few good grapes on an otherwise bad cluster.

Even a remnant of Christians in a nation filled with unbelief are subject to the whims of arbitrary human decisions. Not all who claim to be Christian act Christian or remain Christian. And so, the idea that only a remnant get saved, while the whole nation perishes, is false. Even the remnant has those who will not be saved.

However, there is a remnant of the saved, no doubt. But if the remnant is saved as a token of God's plan to bring the nation back into conformity with His will, who are we to deny He can do this? I believe the Scriptures say He will!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    You already know well my position. God intends to save *nations,* and not just *individuals.*

However, there is a remnant of the saved, no doubt. But if the remnant is saved as a token of God's plan to bring the nation back into conformity with His will, who are we to deny He can do this? I believe the Scriptures say He will!
    As usual, we are arguing about different peoples. You think Israel is just the Jewish people. I know, from all the scriptures, that the real Israelites of God are every faithful Christian. Revelation 5:9-10, 1 Peter 2:9-10, Galatians 6:15-16
    The 'nation' that will receive the Kingdom, referred to in Matthew 21:43, is the Christians, still scattered around the world, but soon to be gathered into all of the holy Land, as is made plain in: Isaiah 35:1-10, Ezekiel 34:11-16
    They are seen there in: Revelation 7:9, Revelation 13:7, Daniel 7:25

Scriptures clearly say that God won't redeem Judah as a nation. The few righteous survivor's will join their brethren. Jeremiah 12:14-16, Isaiah 6:11-13, Zechariah 13:7-9
    Why make unprovable assertions? You make no attempt to prove your assertions and its easy to see why; they are unproveable.
    You say I'm 'judgmental'. Yes I am - I refute false teachings, I counter wrong ideas and I won't allow people to get away with promoting another Gospel.

Thread Information