Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 21 of 21

Thread: Our Heavenly Citizenship

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Northeast Alabama
    Posts
    3,829

    Re: Our Heavenly Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    I actually believe more then that, you can read about my take on it in this thread. Thank you for your time.

    Aristarkos
    Brother, that is the thread I remember. Wow.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,549
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Our Heavenly Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    Brother, that is the thread I remember. Wow.
    How can one forget?

    Aristarkos

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Positionally in Montreal
    Posts
    11,513

    Re: Our Heavenly Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by emekrus View Post
    “For our citizenship is in heaven; from which also we look for the savior, the Lord Jesus Christ: who shall change our humble body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working by which he is able even to subdue all things unto himself”—Philippians 3:20-21

    The word ‘citizenship’ in the above scripture, is the same word translated in the King James Version of the bible as “Conversation”. And it was translated from the Greek word—‘Politeuma’, meaning: a community.

    Thus, a discussion of our heavenly citizenship or conversation is a discussion of our heavenly community. So the above scripture can also be paraphrased as: “For our community is in heaven…”

    And every true believer in Jesus Christ has a present citizenship and residence in heaven. He doesn’t have to die first, before gaining admission into heaven. Heaven is his bonafide and present home. Let’s see what the scriptures say concerning this:

    But you are come unto Mount Zion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels”—Hebrews 12:22

    Now let’s consider the above scripture. It says “You are come”, not “You will come”. In other words, ‘you have come’. Where have you come? Mount Zion. Where is this Mount Zion that you have come? It is the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem.

    Then another thing worthy of note in the above scripture is that the “you” used in the above scripture, is a plural “you”.
    Let’s consider another scripture along this line.

    But God who is rich in mercy, for his great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in sins, has made us alive together with Christ, (by grace you are saved); And has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus”.

    The above scripture says God has made us alive (or quickened us) together with Christ and has raised us up together and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus. So here again, we see another plural word, ‘us’. We are presently seated or positioned together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus.

    And where is that place, where Christ which we are seated together in, is located? It is a place and position, “Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in that which is to come”—Ephesians 1:21

    Hence, we have a present citizenship and residence in heaven, in Christ Jesus. And our placement and positioning by God, is above principality, power, might, dominion and every name that is named, not only in this age, but also in that which is to come.

    Who and Who Makes Up Our Heavenly Community?

    From the book of Hebrews 12: 20-24 we see that in this Mount Zion, the City of the Living God (The Heavenly Jerusalem) which we have come unto, the major occupants are: God, The Judge of all; Jesus, The Mediator of the new covenant; an innumerable company of angels, the general assembly and church of the Firstborn, written in heaven (The body of Christ, believers—Living or dead (sleeping)) and the spirits of just men made perfect…

    Such as the spirits of Abraham, the Apostle Paul, my spirit and that of every believers.

    What is The Essence of This Consciousness?

    The believer, armed with this gracious consciousness of his heavenly citizenship. And that his bonafide community and present residence is in heaven, it helps him in the following ways:


    1. God’s Presence: with this knowledge or consciousness of heavenly citizenship, the believer gains a better reality of God’s permanent presence and access. He no longer thinks God is far away somewhere, while he is here on earth.
    2. Under Watchful Eyes: The believer armed with this consciousness, gains more awareness of the fact that he is under the watchful eyes of great a great cloud of witnesses, including God--the Father, Jesus Christ, Angels and the spirits of just men made perfect. And this will enable him judge his ways.
    3. Protection Consciousness: The believer armed with this revelation of his or her heavenly citizenship; with God--The Father, Jesus Christ, Angels and spirits of just men made perfect as his companion, he is more confident and guaranteed of his infallible defence. Both spiritually and physically.
    4. Brethren Consciousness: Having known that our citizenship or community is in heaven. That every Christ believer has a bonafide heavenly citizenship. And that we are all seated together in Christ Jesus, in heavenly places. The believer should now see every believer as his brother and sister. He should now treat his fellow believer as his blood brother and sister. With true love and brotherly kindness. As fellow citizens, seated together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus, no one should undermine his fellow believer or think that he is more important than anyone.
    5. Heaven Mindedness: The word of God says: “If you then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sits on the right hand of God”—Colossians 3:1. This revelation of our heavenly citizenship helps the believer fulfil the above scripture. A believer that is fully persuaded of his heavenly citizenship in his heart must definitely seek those things which are above, instead of just earthly things.
    6. Atonement Consciousness: Hebrews 12:24 tells us that in Mount Zion, the heavenly Jerusalem; where we belong now, there is the blood of sprinkling – which is the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ—speaking better things for us at all time to God for our sins. It is also speaking protection for us.
    7. Authority Consciousness: With this consciousness of our heavenly citizenship and positioning in Christ Jesus, we are now more confident of our unchallengeable and undefeatable authority in Christ Jesus. So when we do deal with the devil and his agents, we look from up-down position on them. We don’t magnify or fear them in anyway. We just authoritatively deal with them in the name of Jesus.

    So here you have it. You are a present and bonafide resident citizen of the celestial city in Christ Jesus. And you do have immediate access to all the above (and more) citizenship privileges. So believe it, confess it and act it. And you will definitely experience it in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!

    Remain Blessed!

    Emeke Odili


    Good post.

    However, I would say that where I differ is in the working out of salvation. We need to grow into the stature of Christ. Salvation is a process. While we may have a place reserved in Zion...many will not seek it out in this life. Who knows what seeking the kingdom even means? False doctrine tells us that we already have attained to everything there is for us...so we don't need to seek for more. I tend to disagree therefore with any doctrine that makes it sound as if everything is a done deal. We have ACCESS to everything. But as Jesus said..."you have not because you ask not." And we ask not because we have been led to believe that we are already rich and in need of nothing.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Nigeria
    Posts
    273

    Re: Our Heavenly Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    Good post.

    However, I would say that where I differ is in the working out of salvation. We need to grow into the stature of Christ. Salvation is a process. While we may have a place reserved in Zion...many will not seek it out in this life. Who knows what seeking the kingdom even means? False doctrine tells us that we already have attained to everything there is for us...so we don't need to seek for more. I tend to disagree therefore with any doctrine that makes it sound as if everything is a done deal. We have ACCESS to everything. But as Jesus said..."you have not because you ask not." And we ask not because we have been led to believe that we are already rich and in need of nothing.

    Actually sir, I believe we need to work out salvation with fear and trembling so we do not lose out on all that has already been provided. You know, Judas Iscariot actually had his position in Christ, but he eventually lost out because he failed to work out his salvation with fear and trembling. The more I study the word of God, the more and more I see that all things have already been paid for by the offering of our Lord. And all he is asking is that we labour to enjoy and protect them.

    I wanted to know your take on this...
    Emeke Odili is a Christian Teacher, Preacher, Author, Writer and Blogger. He has a divinely given vision of practically teaching people how to make success in life through absolute righteousness and faith. Emeke is married to his best friend, Joy. He shares life-transforming articles at his blog: www.righteousfaith.wordpress.com

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Positionally in Montreal
    Posts
    11,513

    Re: Our Heavenly Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by emekrus View Post
    Actually sir, I believe we need to work out salvation with fear and trembling so we do not lose out on all that has already been provided. You know, Judas Iscariot actually had his position in Christ, but he eventually lost out because he failed to work out his salvation with fear and trembling. The more I study the word of God, the more and more I see that all things have already been paid for by the offering of our Lord. And all he is asking is that we labour to enjoy and protect them.

    I wanted to know your take on this...
    ...and this is for our example to take the words of our Lord to heart so that His grace is not frustrated in our lives. All is indeed paid for and we have access to all things pertaining to victory in Christ. But there are many obstacles to faith in our time. The enemy has infiltrated much of what goes on in the way of ministry and teachings...so that there is a disconnect between what one believes and what is truth. The church is to be the ground and pillar of truth. I believe, as you do, that we will soon shake off the limitations that the devil...the world and even we ourselves, have placed on believers in Christ. The saints will rise again to bear His life and His testimony! Only then will the Lord shall return for His glorious Bride.

    Peace in Christ.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,437

    Re: Our Heavenly Citizenship

    Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    Politeuma is not a community but means a citizenship. (Greek for citizen is polites) so you are not correct in your translation as is the KJV. Philippi was as it were a suburb of Rome and had nothing to do with the Macedonian laws. Any new law for Rome was automatically a new law for Philippi even though it was miles apart.

    Although I agree with some of what you say, your remark about Mount Zion is in error as well. This term only occurs in the O.T. not in Hebrews there it says Mount Sion. Many believe these are two different things but they are the same, it is a matter of translation (Hebrew — Greek). Nowhere in Scripture is this mount another name for the Heavenly Jerusalem. The quote you refer to says: « But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem ... » which are two different spheres, hence the « and ».

    You also seem to be unaware that the Lord prepares three groups in the current dispensation:

    1. Child of God (Regenerated) John 1:12
    2. Son of God (New creation) 2 Cor. 5:17; Gal. 6:15
    3. Adult man Eph. 4:13

    To each different things are said and taught which most do not see, hence the confusion in their teaching.

    Aristarkos

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •