Jesus Christ said, "Pray that [these things] will not take place in winter or on the sabbath, because then there will be great distress unequaled since the beginning of the world and never to be equaled again. If The Lord had not cut short those days, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. At that time, if anyone says to you, 'Here is the Christ' or 'There he is', do not believe them. Many false christs will come and deceive many. ..."

1) How does it get to be so bad?
2) "Your Kingdom come" is part of The Lord's Prayer, and Jesus Christ said, "The Kingdom of God does not arrive with your careful observation, nor do you say 'here it is' or 'there it is' because the Kingdom of God is within you [and among you]" and Jesus Christ said, "I am sending you another Counselor: the Spirit of Truth. The world cannot know him, for it neither sees nor understands him, but you will know him because he will be in you and among you."
3) It is assumed nowadays that God's Kingdom will be on Earth, and that Christianity will proliferate throughout the world and prosper. But Jesus Christ, King Truth, said, "My Kingdom is not of this world. If it were, my servants would fight to prevent my arrest by the Jews. But now my Kingdom is from another place. [...] You are correct in saying that I am a king. In fact, this is why I entered the world and was born: to testify to the truth. Everyone on the side of truth listens to me." And Jesus Christ hid himself from those who wanted to come and make him king by force. He told them instead, "I am telling you the truth: you are not looking for me because you saw the miracles that I performed, but because you ate the loaves, filling your stomachs with bread. Do not work for food that spoils but for food that endures to eternal life, which The Son of Man will give you. God has placed his Seal of Approval on him." (John 6:26-27). Furthermore, when one of his disciples tried to carry out his own agenda of making Jesus Christ a worldly king, Jesus Christ called him Satan: "Get behind me, Satan! You do not have in mind God's interests but men's interests." And then Jesus spoke to the other people standing there, and said, "If anyone wants to be my student, that person must lay down their lifestyle goals, take up their cross, and follow me. What good will it be for a person to gain the entire world, and yet forfeit themselves? What could a person possibly give to buy back their own soul? The Son of Man will return in his Father's glory with his holy angels, and then he will reward each person according to what that person has done. In fact, there are some who are standing here right now who will not see death before they see the Kingdom of God come with power. If anyone is ashamed of me and my words in this wicked and adulterous generation, The Son of Man will be ashamed of them; if anyone disowns me before men, I will disown that person before my Father and his angels; if anyone acknowledges me before men, I will acknowledge them before my Father and his angels. Do not believe that I have come to bring peace and consensus on Earth. I did not come to bring consensus, but division..."

Nowadays, there is a spiritual plague commonly identified as narcissism. "But in the last days, people will be lovers of themselves rather than lovers of God..." Psychologists want to diagnose this as a personality disorder, and they call it NPD. But as an individual taught by God, I see this as yet another attempt by multiple evils to destroy mankind: arrogance, greed (selfishness), and the insecure unwillingness to trust God.

Life is a journey of learning what it means to trust God.

Yet when I share a small fraction of the great wisdom and understanding Jesus Christ teaches me throughout my time on his footstool, I get what I call "the wall of rejection". "It is because they have hardened their hearts that they do not understand." Recently, I said to some children great wisdom and understanding to do good for them, but it was not until I gave them a worthless trinket that they desired did they even pay attention to the simplest statements that I said to them in triplicate, simpler each time. Only after they saw that they were getting the nonsense they asked for did they finally concede that maybe I knew what I was talking about. Only after they had their fill of the loaves did they finally start paying attention. And this is how people are: you give them the garbage they want, good or bad, and all of a sudden their ears open and they finally actually start listening. Why? Greed and unbelief has convinced them to erect a wall of rejection until their stubborn desires are met. "I won't believe that God exists until I get what I want," is essentially their thoughts and all their ways. Don't they realize that God "holds in his hand your path and all your ways"? "Seek first the Kingdom of God and then everything else you need will be given to you." God gives generously and without limit. And I even said this to them, but they could not understand what I was saying. God prevented them from comprehending my words -- his words -- in their heart, because they wanted what they wanted, even though it was worthless.

So give a dog a bone and then you will have his attention. That is this adulterous and unbelieving generation that God puts up with. "Oh adulterous and unbelieving generation, how long shall I stay among you? How long shall I put up with you? Bring the boy here to me."