Thread: Skepticism

1. Skepticism

"We speak of what we know, and we testify as to what we have seen, yet still you people do not accept our testimony. I have spoken to you of earthly things; if you cannot understand in worldly terms, how can you hope to understand in Heavenly terms?"

Most of the time, people don't understand something because they are not willing to think for themselves and judge for themselves what is right. They accuse those who have done this of being "brainwashed" and other slights against their intelligence. Yet in this, they again show themselves as 100% through-and-through hypocrites. Everything negative that a person might say about someone like me who does understand and has seen and knows God through Jesus Christ is actually describing themselves, because all they are willing to see is themselves; it's a form of narcissism.

Until you realize what you're looking at and what you're doing, how can you make the decision to stop doing it? It's not like you are looking at The Sun where it hurts your eyes when you do that. You are ruled and fooled by pain until you choose to learn. It is not a matter of what a person can do, but a matter of their decisions at every moment of their lives that reveals who they really are. So even if you are infatuated with navel-gazing, you benefit from listening to what God has to say to you because he made you. Quite frankly, people who understand actually understand and act and communicate exactly according to what they "know and have seen".

In sum, you cannot remain in agnostic ignorance without being immersed in hypocrisy, as is plainly apparent to everyone who accepts logic and reason. This is because all of logic, reason, wisdom, understanding, and well-being is pointing to one thing: "This is my Son who I love and with whom I am well-pleased. Listen to him!"

Re: Skepticism

Even the Apostles did not reach everyone. Many are called but few are chosen.

Our mission is to go out into the world and make disciples. Wherever and whenever. The results are up to my LORD. I can't and you can't change a heart; only God changes hearts.

Don't give up, but understand, you may be merely planting a seed that doesn't fully germinate until years from now. Do what you can, pray about it and move on.

Thread Information