Weapons of Temptation

"Whoever sins is a slave to sin."
"Sin is crouching at your door and wants to have you, but you must master it."

How do we overcome temptation? Ask Jesus Christ to handle it for you, and then recognize the weapons evil is using against you:

Enticement: "If you do this, it will please you."
Response: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made pure in weakness." Then, the Lord's Prayer, because God already understands what you need: "Our Father in Heaven, Hallowed be your name. Your Kingdom come and your Will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven. Please, please, give us this day our daily bread and please, please, forgive us our sins and forgive for us, and please lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil." Go in prayer in your heart before Jesus Christ and ask him to handle this for you. He will do it because he said, "whatever you ask in my name [God Saves] I will do; you may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it for you. I am not saying that I will ask the Father on your behalf, but rather the Father will love you because you believe in his only Son." "Whoever speaks on his own does so to gain honor for himself, but whoever speaks on behalf of the one who sent him is a man of truth in whom there is nothing false. Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is true because I know where I come from and where I am going; my Father testifies about me but you do not know him and have not heard his voice because you do not accept the one he sent; even if I do judge, my judgments are correct because I seek not to please myself but him who sent me." So we must not seek to please ourselves but God, and Jesus Christ's grace is sufficient for us.

And the hammer of discipline will fall.

Torment: A gut-churning suffering along with "If you do this, it will cease your suffering."
Response: Pray to Jesus Christ and God: "Jesus Christ, I am vulnerable, please help me." "I am weak, but God is Almighty and loves me." "God and Jesus Christ alone is Trustworthy." "The Lord is my Righteousness and my Salvation."

Regret and Speculation: "You will regret it if you do not do this."
Response: "Immanuel, into your hands I commit my spirit." "Jesus, please handle this for me." "Let your 'yes' be 'yes' and your 'no' be 'no'. Anything else comes from the evil one." Yes or no and let it be so! I said 'no'! God and Jesus Christ alone is Trustworthy.

Hindsight Speculation: "What if I did that, I might have been satisfied..."
Response: There is no place for "what if" in existence! NO! I said NO! Yes or no and let it be so. God and Jesus Christ alone is Trustworthy.

And the door will close between you and temptation, and you will be safe in faithfulness to God. Remember that our faithfulness to God is fragile, but Righteousness came into the world and saved us through teaching, cleaning and making those who believe in him cross over from deathly sin to eternal life with the only true God and Jesus Christ who he sent. Let us be legitimate and do what he says so that each of us -- "the soul that sins is the soul that will die" -- builds our house upon solid rock (doing what Jesus Christ said to do) rather than sand (not doing what Jesus Christ said to do) because every person will face storms and the result will either be a house that is still standing or rubble.

Do not be hypocritical like the half of the Kingdom of Heaven upon whom the owner will close the door, as described in the parable of the 10 virgins. Keep Jesus Christ's words with you as oil to persevere. "No servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. It is enough that the servant is like his master [...] so do not be afraid; everything hidden will be disclosed." Our love for Jesus and God is not reliable, but "if you love me, you will obey my Commands; whoever loves me will obey my Commands, and whoever does not love me will not obey my Commands" so it is enough for us to love God by obeying his commands -- "Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and will," means therefore obey the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and will. But we are flawed. "No one is Good except God alone." "I the Lord do not change. Therefore you, Sons of Jacob, are not destroyed. Ever since the time of your forefathers, you have rebelled against me and not kept my decrees. Return to me, and I will return to you." Bring yourself before Jesus Christ in prayer -- give to God what belongs to him -- "every living soul belongs to me" -- and he will heal you, because "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you to myself with faithful, loving kindness, and you belong to me," and "I am a Jealous God." (Jealousy means desiring what belongs to you, whereas envy, which is an evil, means desiring what does not belong to you.) But Jesus Christ's grace / salvation / mercy is sufficient for us, and the Lord takes care of his own, wherever they may be. Furthermore, God and Jesus Christ alone is Trustworthy.