Page 1 of 15 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 223

Thread: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,448
    Blog Entries
    13

    Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.


    Is Satan already cast out of heaven or will it be in the future?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Bakersfield
    Posts
    4,083

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    I believe it to be a future event.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

    "Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

    "But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    29,673
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Rev 12:7 And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.
    9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    Job 1:6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them.


    Is Satan already cast out of heaven or will it be in the future?
    Does satan prowl around looking for whom he can devour (1 Peter 5:8) from a position in heaven, or from where he's at now?

    This alone shows me he's BEEN cast out.

    We are to resist satan and he will flee (James 4:7), do we resist him in his position in heaven and he flees BACK to heaven, or from where he's at now and he just goes away looking for another day to tempt us?

    Do we have to put on the Armor of God (Eph 6:10+) to fight an adversary who battles us from heaven (all his wiles and powers of darkness - demons, are with him there), or from an adversary who is on this earth with all the other fallen angels (powers of darkness)??

    One specific verse:

    v12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

    Heavenly "realms" is not "heaven," which can be confusing. But what we do get from this verse is that satan and ALL his forces are here on the earth in their spiritual forms, thus use of calling his domain as a heavenly realm since he doesn't operate openly in the physical realm of this earth but is also NOT heaven, where God resides.

    Another thought... what did Jesus see when He said what He saw in Luke 10:18? If satan is not cast out yet... "what" fell out of heaven that Jesus is referring too?
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,275

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post

    Is Satan already cast out of heaven or will it be in the future?
    Which heaven, 2nd or 3rd?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    Pacific NW, USA
    Posts
    8,156

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Rev 12:7 [FONT="]And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon[/FONT][FONT="]; and[/FONT][FONT="] the dragon fought and his angels,[/FONT][FONT="]8 And prevailed not; neither was their place found any more in heaven.[/FONT]
    9 [FONT="]And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.[/FONT]

    Job 1:6 [FONT="]Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the [/FONT][FONT="]Lord[/FONT], and Satan came also among them.


    Is Satan already cast out of heaven or will it be in the future?
    Good question! I believe Satan was defeated at the Cross, but will be cast out of heaven in the future, just prior to the rise of Antichrist. It is also possible that Satan was cast out of heaven at the Cross, or is cast out of heaven on numerous occasions.

    When we look at the Rev 12 passage the context is both Jesus' earthly ministry and the final 3.5 years of Antichrist's Reign. Satan becomes angry, having been cast out of heaven, and proceeds to persecute the Church. That indicates, to me, that Satan is cast out of heaven just before the rise of Antichrist.

    But I could be wrong. The earthly ministry of Jesus is also in context. Whether Satan is cast out of heaven at or after the Cross is the question.

    The other question is, What is Satan really losing here? Is he just losing a geographical location, or is he losing a position of power? I personally think Satan is having some element of his power removed in heaven, which he apparently had been enjoying. The effect of this is that Satan no longer has a "blank check" to manipulate and rule mankind on earth. Instead, he is given "new orders," indicating his time is short!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    41,670

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Does satan prowl around looking for whom he can devour (1 Peter 5:8)
    Whoa. That's a very poetic, descriptive line.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

    Isaiah 54

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,448
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Does satan prowl around looking for whom he can devour (1 Peter 5:8) from a position in heaven, or from where he's at now?

    This alone shows me he's BEEN cast out.

    We are to resist satan and he will flee (James 4:7), do we resist him in his position in heaven and he flees BACK to heaven, or from where he's at now and he just goes away looking for another day to tempt us?

    Do we have to put on the Armor of God (Eph 6:10+) to fight an adversary who battles us from heaven (all his wiles and powers of darkness - demons, are with him there), or from an adversary who is on this earth with all the other fallen angels (powers of darkness)??

    One specific verse:

    v12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

    Heavenly "realms" is not "heaven," which can be confusing. But what we do get from this verse is that satan and ALL his forces are here on the earth in their spiritual forms, thus use of calling his domain as a heavenly realm since he doesn't operate openly in the physical realm of this earth but is also NOT heaven, where God resides.

    Another thought... what did Jesus see when He said what He saw in Luke 10:18? If satan is not cast out yet... "what" fell out of heaven that Jesus is referring too?
    But being in heaven doesn't mean he's restricted from coming to roam the earth and return to heaven UNTIL he is finally cast out/banished forever from heaven. Isn't this a possibility?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,448
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    Which heaven, 2nd or 3rd?
    When I said heaven, I meant where God resides.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,448
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    Good question! I believe Satan was defeated at the Cross, but will be cast out of heaven in the future, just prior to the rise of Antichrist. It is also possible that Satan was cast out of heaven at the Cross, or is cast out of heaven on numerous occasions.

    When we look at the Rev 12 passage the context is both Jesus' earthly ministry and the final 3.5 years of Antichrist's Reign. Satan becomes angry, having been cast out of heaven, and proceeds to persecute the Church. That indicates, to me, that Satan is cast out of heaven just before the rise of Antichrist.

    But I could be wrong. The earthly ministry of Jesus is also in context. Whether Satan is cast out of heaven at or after the Cross is the question.

    The other question is, What is Satan really losing here? Is he just losing a geographical location, or is he losing a position of power? I personally think Satan is having some element of his power removed in heaven, which he apparently had been enjoying. The effect of this is that Satan no longer has a "blank check" to manipulate and rule mankind on earth. Instead, he is given "new orders," indicating his time is short!
    I, too, share the view that Satan will be cast out of heaven during the time of the Antichrist. However, for now, he is free to roam the earth and return to heaven at will. But when he is finally banished from heaven (Rev 12:9) he will NOT have any more access to heaven.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    7,275

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    When I said heaven, I meant where God resides.
    He is cast out already! I realize there is the Job 1-2 reference; however, he was there by permission/summons in those instances. That said, I'm not convinced that the Revelation 12 passage is referring to the third heaven. It very well could be in reference to the second heaven - as he is the prince of the power of the air.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    4,088
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    No......

    Notice it is Satan whom opens the pit.

    12*How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    13*For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    14*I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
    15*Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
    16*They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    17*That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?


    Where does scripture show him opening the pit? Rev 9.

    9*And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
    2*And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

    When does scripture show the pit will be opened?

    9*And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    14*And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
    15*And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.


    Thus Satan is cast down just prior to the 3.5 years occurring in which he opens the pit and allows the flood of spirits set free.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,448
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChangedByHim View Post
    He is cast out already! I realize there is the Job 1-2 reference; however, he was there by permission/summons in those instances. That said, I'm not convinced that the Revelation 12 passage is referring to the third heaven. It very well could be in reference to the second heaven - as he is the prince of the power of the air.
    If God has cast out Satan from heaven already according to you, what logic is there for Him to *invite/summon* Satan again into his presence? Think about it brother, it doesn't add up. And Rev 12 is certainly the abode of God, not the 2nd heaven.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Posts
    29,673
    Blog Entries
    94

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    But being in heaven doesn't mean he's restricted from coming to roam the earth and return to heaven UNTIL he is finally cast out/banished forever from heaven. Isn't this a possibility?
    Does this mean you believe God allows evil, a base of operations (Eph 6) in the same place He's located? One side of heaven is where righteousness reigns and the other side of heaven, evil is allowed to operate?

    Maybe this is WHY the Body of Christ is allowing MORE and more evil and unrighteousness to operate within the Body... because God allows such an example in heaven?
    Slug1--out

    ~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

    ~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

    ~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~


    ~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~


  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,448
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Does this mean you believe God allows evil, a base of operations (Eph 6) in the same place He's located? One side of heaven is where righteousness reigns and the other side of heaven, evil is allowed to operate?

    Maybe this is WHY the Body of Christ is allowing MORE and more evil and unrighteousness to operate within the Body... because God allows such an example in heaven?
    Not at all!

    On the contrary, I believe that every scripture about the casting out of Satan from heaven is still to be fulfilled. The Bible says that Satan is the accuser of the brethren. Where then is he accusing the church from - the earth or heaven?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    5,448
    Blog Entries
    13

    Re: Is Satan cast out of heaven already?

    Quote Originally Posted by ross3421 View Post
    No......

    Notice it is Satan whom opens the pit.

    12*How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    13*For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    14*I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
    15*Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
    16*They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    17*That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?


    Where does scripture show him opening the pit? Rev 9.

    9*And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.
    2*And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

    When does scripture show the pit will be opened?

    9*And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him.

    14*And to the woman were given two wings of a great eagle, that she might fly into the wilderness, into her place, where she is nourished for a time, and times, and half a time, from the face of the serpent.
    15*And the serpent cast out of his mouth water as a flood after the woman, that he might cause her to be carried away of the flood.


    Thus Satan is cast down just prior to the 3.5 years occurring in which he opens the pit and allows the flood of spirits set free.
    Totally in agreement

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Information How God helped the church when satan was cast out of heaven
    By marty fox in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Nov 26th 2017, 02:14 AM
  2. Discussion When is or was satan cast out of heaven?
    By marty fox in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Oct 4th 2017, 02:15 AM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: Aug 19th 2014, 12:35 PM
  4. Satan’s being cast out of Heaven is it a future event,????
    By Mithrandir-Olorin in forum End Times Chat
    Replies: 1119
    Last Post: Feb 24th 2012, 01:53 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •