Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Climate lawsuit thrown out of court

Re: Climate lawsuit thrown out of court

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    Sorry brother from my perspective you seem to be shifting the goalposts and responding to things I didn't say mean or even imply. I can't engage with that.
    I responded to all of your points directly, so....
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    It's also important to work with the limitations of the renewable energy.
    Yes, absolutely. This is what I was trying to get across in my conversation with Keck, you must play to your strengths. Even though again, this isn't really a renewable energy or even energy specific axiom.

If it's not sunny you don't get much power from your solar panels. If it's not windy your turbines sit idle. If you aren't near a large body of water you can't get power from waves. If you aren't near a large river or a dam you can't get much hydroelectric power.
    Its not like you can go dig a hole in your back yard and siphon out 8 gallons of 83 octane either. Fossil fuel power requires a spectacular amount of infrastructure as well to make it the ubiquitous font of energy that it is today. that isn't to say that energy storage and transmission aren't obstacles because they are for lots of applications.

I find it hard to believe green energy is economically viable at all because most of it seems to carry heavy government subsidy. Why would it need a government subsidy if it was financially viable in its own right?
    Fossil fuel production has been and continues to be government subsidized since ..well for like at least 100 years for example the intangible drilling and gas deduction and the ones in this report estimating 20 billion per year in fossil fuel subsidies. or the ones discussed in this study .and here where i think it could go without saying that what is left of the coal industry is being propped up by government policies and subsidies. and this report that estimates coal subsidies of $70b over the last 60 years. It is estimated that there are $5 trillion in fossil fuel subsidies worldwide yearly. Even having said all of that I've been consistent about the application being very critical to how economical/useful renewable is. I for one am not a person that simply wants to deploy PV's or windmills arbitrarily just because they are "clean", producing that hardware to be underutilized or unused is literally a waste of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I responded to all of your points directly, so....
    Nothing personal Bro, even if its just my faulty perception (which it may well be) Its my responsibility to keep myself from repeating bad/unhealthy behaviors. I hope you can understand it in the spirit in which I mean it.

Fossil fuel production has been and continues to be government subsidized since ..well for like at least 100 years for example the intangible drilling and gas deduction and the ones in this report estimating 20 billion per year in fossil fuel subsidies. or the ones discussed in this study .and here where i think it could go without saying that what is left of the coal industry is being propped up by government policies and subsidies. and this report that estimates coal subsidies of $70b over the last 60 years. It is estimated that there are $5 trillion in fossil fuel subsidies worldwide yearly. Even having said all of that I've been consistent about the application being very critical to how economical/useful renewable is. I for one am not a person that simply wants to deploy PV's or windmills arbitrarily just because they are "clean", producing that hardware to be underutilized or unused is literally a waste of energy.
    Normal business deductions are not subsidies. As a matter of fact, since international intangible expenses are not allowed to be deducted, the oil business is actually taxed on more than profit. The "oil industry is subsidized" talking points by the left is not very honest.

All business expenses should be deductible.

one of the reports even states that out of date regulations subsidize the coal industry. I sure would like an explanation on that one because I have never had a regulation put money into my pocket nor has any business I have ever owned experienced that. All of them have taken money from me. That said, if I was in the so called green industry under Obama, I could have gotten money put into my pocket. Government just needs to get out of the whole supporting/opposing business concept when it comes to actual subsidies (i.e. wealth transfter for business or people) and stick to taxes to support infrastructure and necessary government operations.

Tax credits for business or people should never exists. Period. Those are subsidies and simply should be done away with whether its the coal industry or the next door neighbor or telsa or solar panel companies, etc. One possible exception... an onerous new regulation comes in that is very costly should not be born only by the business but society at large since society is requiring the regulation.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Nothing personal Bro, even if its just my faulty perception (which it may well be) Its my responsibility to keep myself from repeating bad/unhealthy behaviors. I hope you can understand it in the spirit in which I mean it.
    Talking to me is definitely unhealthy behavior.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    BU, I'll answer your questions a little later when I have some more time.
    just bumping cuz i'm still curious.
    "If Donald Trump does nothing more than get conservative , constitution minded supreme court justices on the bench, everything else was worth it."

Blog Entries

Well the windmills were idle today on the Palouse. No wind, but plenty of demand.

ooppppss....

Billions of $$ sitting idle.

Nice.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

I think we scared him off.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

I think we scared him off.
    Maybe he needs rain in his area?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Not sure what you guys are talking about, I was asking about the controller you built Keck. You said you'd get back to me with details I was just bumping to remind you.
    "If Donald Trump does nothing more than get conservative , constitution minded supreme court justices on the bench, everything else was worth it."

Blog Entries

Not sure what you guys are talking about, I was asking about the controller you built Keck. You said you'd get back to me with details I was just bumping to remind you.
    Oh, that.....

There is some "flyback" technology (energy that is usually wasted by producing heat) in it that I am not allowed to talk about.

Not sure what you guys are talking about
    Posts 31 and 33.

Isaiah 54

Posts 31 and 33.
    oh, then yeah basically, you scared me off.

oh, then yeah basically, you scared me off.
    I'm a scary guy.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Oh, that.....

There is some "flyback" technology (energy that is usually wasted by producing heat) in it that I am not allowed to talk about.
    Sure you said that before and then I asked some follow up questions and you said you would answer them later...but alright I guess you changed your mind.

Thread Information