Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: Supreme court justice Kennedy retires!

Blog Entries

Re: Supreme court justice Kennedy retires!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
    Extremes to the right are just as bad as extremes to the left. Pray for 'balance.'
    Explain the problems with being an extreme originalist please.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    Explain the problems with being an extreme originalist please.
    I agree. There is no ‘balance’ straying from the constitution from a judicial perspective

Blog Entries

I was thinking of other aspects on the extreme right. 'Fascism' springs to mind. 'Racism' is another. As for 'Originalism', it is a concept associated with the American Constitution. It sounds OK to me. Take that one as far to the right as you like.
    "Your name and renown
    is the desire of our hearts."
    (Isaiah 26:8)

I was thinking of other aspects on the extreme right. 'Fascism' springs to mind. 'Racism' is another. As for 'Originalism', it is a concept associated with the American Constitution. It sounds OK to me. Take that one as far to the right as you like.
    Facism and racism is far more in the left in the US than the right. The right is more nationalist and that is why some call them fascist. But when you look at American politics, the left is MUCH more fascist than the right except for nationalism. The left is very dictatorial and authoritarian and they make their living with racist identity politics.

We are in a HUGE spiritual war over here concerning our government. We haven't seen real balance in decades. There's a reason that many evangelicals voted for Trump and we are very grateful to God that Mr. Trump became our president.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Fascism is a leftist ideal in this country. My mom who grew up in Nazi Germany told me the other day the intolerance she saw in Germany pales against the current leftist hate and intolerance campaign

Well, the only fascism I see in this country is coming very much from the left. As for racism, are you talking about whites towards blacks or blacks towards whites? I'm guessing you're talking about whites towards blacks while completely ignoring the racism of blacks towards whites. Or maybe you weren't aware of that since you don't live here?

After all, racism is bad and wrong - period. I'm sure you'd agree.

I've read some about the nominated judge, Kavanaugh.

Seems to me to be just what the doctor ordered. I'm for any judge that thinks that Congress should do its job and actually pass laws that people can understand without pushing that responsibility off to some unelected civil servant (boy, there's an oxymoron, in many cases!) to make the rules.

I also so that he regularly volunteers at a Washington, D.C., homeless center.

Thread Information