Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Supreme court justice Kennedy retires!

Supreme court justice Kennedy retires!

Big news! Maybe we can finally get a court that rules on what the constitution actually says rather than what some want it to say. Big, big, big news. For the first time since Reagan and Bush 1, we actually have a shot at overturning Roe V Wade and very possibly, overturning the whole redefinition of marriage ruling.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/27/anth...eme-court.html
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Re: Supreme court justice Kennedy retires!

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Big news! Maybe we can finally get a court that rules on what the constitution actually says rather than what some want it to say. Big, big, big news. For the first time since Reagan and Bush 1, we actually have a shot at overturning Roe V Wade and very possibly, overturning the whole redefinition of marriage ruling.

The media is having a major meltdown today........

Quote from WAPO:
    "These are dark days in America"

I'm hoping for Trey Gowdy as a replacement
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I'm hoping for Trey Gowdy as a replacement
    I could definitely live with that! He should have been AG. It would have been better for everyone for Sessions to have gone back to being a senator.
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Amen and Hooah!
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Blog Entries

I could definitely live with that! He should have been AG. It would have been better for everyone for Sessions to have gone back to being a senator.
    AG would also be a good post for Trey, agreed!
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Dick Durbin is already whining about delaying a new pick until after the mid-terms.

Watch the main stream media pick up on that rant for the next three months.

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure the Republicans have enough votes to get a pick through no matter what the Democrats try.

The problem lies with with getting all of the Republicans to agree on something. It's amazing how childish they can be.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Praise the Lord we have Trump as President (instead of Hillary) to make the crucial decision to appoint a conservative justice!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    Praise the Lord we have Trump as President (instead of Hillary) to make the crucial decision to appoint a conservative justice!
    I too am very thankful that we have the president we have instead of the other one. Very thankful!
    NASU

You want the left to have a total meltdown? Nominate Ted Cruz.

Trump said his nominee will be off his previous list.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Said list, for those interested:

1. Amy Coney Barrett of Indiana, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

2. Keith Blackwell of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

3. Charles Canady of Florida, Supreme Court of Florida

4. Steven Colloton of Iowa, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

5. Allison Eid of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

6. Britt Grant of Georgia, Supreme Court of Georgia

7. Raymond Gruender of Missouri, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

8. Thomas Hardiman of Pennsylvania, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit

9. Brett Kavanaugh of Maryland, U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia Circuit

10. Raymond Kethledge of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

11. Joan Larsen of Michigan, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

12. Mike Lee of Utah, U.S. senator

13. Thomas Lee of Utah, Supreme Court of Utah

14. Edward Mansfield of Iowa, Supreme Court of Iowa

15. Federico Moreno of Florida, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida

16. Kevin Newsom of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

17. William Pryor of Alabama, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit

18. Margaret Ryan of Virginia, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces

19. David Stras of Minnesota, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit

20. Diane Sykes of Wisconsin, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit

21. Amul Thapar of Kentucky, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit

22. Timothy Tymkovich of Colorado, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit

23. Robert Young of Michigan, Supreme Court of Michigan (Ret.)

24. Don Willett of Texas, Supreme Court of Texas

25. Patrick Wyrick of Oklahoma, Supreme Court of Oklahoma
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

That's assuming Trump will choose wisely. Going by his past track record in general though, he seems to not be very good at choosing wisely sometimes. Still can't figure out why Jeff Sessions is still there? He didn't choose wisely when he picked him, that's for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    That's assuming Trump will choose wisely. Going by his past track record in general though, he seems to not be very good at choosing wisely sometimes.
    The list, man. The list. It's a good list.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    That's assuming Trump will choose wisely. Going by his past track record in general though, he seems to not be very good at choosing wisely sometimes. Still can't figure out why Jeff Sessions is still there? He didn't choose wisely when he picked him, that's for certain.
    Agree that some of his picks have not been great for certain positions. But his judicial picks have all been good so far. The seem to be right given the left's reaction to them. If the left hates his judicial picks it's a good sign.
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Blog Entries

Many Dems ( and some media ) are claiming the list is full of of right wing nuts, racists and Nationalists that will work to destroy our country if any one of them are conformed. They are "demanding" that any nominee is confirmed on a bipartisan basis.

LOL.

Unfortunately for them they can't hold up the vote - McConnell decides when it will take place - and the Republicans have more than enough seats to confirm the eventual nominee.
    In other words, the only way this doesn't get done is if the Republicans screw it up. The Democrats have no power or options to block it so...

All they have left at this point is rhetoric that they're trying to use to leverage votes in November.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Thread Information