Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Righteousness

Righteousness

There is a righteousness of God that has been imputed to us by Jesus which can be seen in 2 Cor 5:21 "He who knew no sin was made to be sin for us that we might be the righteousness of God in Christ." But there is a different righteousness that deals with each person's personal behavior and like the other fruits of the Spirit mentioned in Gal 5, is grown; and for this particular fruit of the Spirit, at least, is also imparted to us by the Lord's chastening. That this is different from the righteousness of God that as imputed to us by the Lord can be seen in the following scripture, Heb 12:11 "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."

Re: Righteousness

Quote Originally Posted by glfglf View Post
    There is a righteousness of God that has been imputed to us by Jesus which can be seen in 2 Cor 5:21 "He who knew no sin was made to be sin for us that we might be the righteousness of God in Christ." But there is a different righteousness that deals with each person's personal behavior and like the other fruits of the Spirit mentioned in Gal 5, is grown; and for this particular fruit of the Spirit, at least, is also imparted to us by the Lord's chastening. That this is different from the righteousness of God that as imputed to us by the Lord can be seen in the following scripture, Heb 12:11 "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby."
    Very good...and you have a rare understanding. Most people can only think 2 dimensionally in this and other things regarding the gospel. As soon as they see the word "righteousness" they see filthy rags or Christ...that's the extent of it.

There are in fact 2 levels of righteousness.

1. Our own

2. God's

The OT is about honing a personal righteousness.
    The NT is about putting on Christ and becoming the light of the world through HIS righteousness.

BOTH are necessary as we will all be judged according to OUR works. People outside of Christ will be judged according to their own righteousness (by loving others or not). And believers will be judged according to the holy standard of walking as Jesus walked and doing perfect works through grace (His power). So then we will be judged by the love we have for God AND others (the 2 main commandments or to love as Jesus loved).

Most modern believers deny that God will judge us by what we have done...basically what has become our personal righteousness. This is due to the problem that they think they won't be judged. The false doctrine is that we will be judged "as if" we did what was right rather than if we ACTUALLY did this or not.

People mostly prefer fiction and fables to the truth. The truth is VERY disturbing...even causing people to tremble. NO ONE likes to tremble.

But one day the grace given to us will be removed to see what we have done with it. What have we become??? We will be judged AGAINST the grace (not by grace) given to us. To whom much is given...MORE is required. The issue of a talent demands a talent's worth of maturing in return. An issue of 5 talents demands a return on that investment which is 5 talents WORTH of maturing in Christ. The modern error is to think that Christians will be judged LESS severely rather than more. BIG discrepancy. So they actually believe that "to whom much is given...LESS is required" Otherwise they will cry out "works based salvation"!!!!

So then we put on Christ and HIS purity and holiness which is HIS righteousness (not ours). As we do this we grow into the likeness of Christ so that we mature IN Christ. Then His righteousness permeates our souls and becomes our own. This is the maturity of growing into the full stature of Christ. We become as our Master.

One of my favorite verses is Philippians 1:11 -

"having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which is by means of Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God."

[this speaks of, by the time of the Day of Christ (i.e. commencing at our Rapture), per v.10]

... which is by means of Jesus Christ.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by episkopos View Post
    Very good...and you have a rare understanding. Most people can only think 2 dimensionally in this and other things regarding the gospel..

This is a very arrogant attitude against your brethren.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDivineWatermark View Post
    One of my favorite verses is Philippians 1:11 -

"having been filled with the fruit of righteousness which is by means of Jesus Christ, unto the glory and praise of God."

[this speaks of, by the time of the Day of Christ (i.e. commencing at our Rapture), per v.10]

... which is by means of Jesus Christ.
    Are you saying we get "filled with the fruit of righteousness" at the time of our Rapture?

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    This is a very arrogant attitude against your brethren.
    Not at all...just read the posts. There is no differentiating a human righteousness from a self-righteousness in modern Christendom. Do you agree?

As in ...

I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Now most believers think that means the self-righteous..which makes their understanding 2 dimensional. What do you say?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Are you saying we get "filled with the fruit of righteousness" at the time of our Rapture?
    No.

Sorry I didn't make that more clear.

--the "having been filled" [v.11] occurs from the time we "believe" to the time of our death (or our Rapture [i.e. at the Day of Christ, v.10], if we happen to still be living then [If we die, we'll be resurrected/raptured then]).

Not at all...just read the posts. There is no differentiating a human righteousness from a self-righteousness in modern Christendom. Do you agree?

As in ...

Now most believers think that means the self-righteous..which makes their understanding 2 dimensional. What do you say?
    So, was the Ethiopian Eunuch saved after Phillip explained the scriptures to him, and he professed Christ and was baptized ? Or was he "without oil" ? He was filled with the Holy Spirit. Can one have the Holy Spirit and not have "oil" ? You have stretched these verses out of context. You've stretched the parable of the 10 virgins out of context.

The thief on the cross ? Was his lamp without oil ?

Quote Originally Posted by Pbminimum View Post
    So, was the Ethiopian Eunuch saved after Phillip explained the scriptures to him, and he professed Christ and was baptized ? Or was he "without oil" ? He was filled with the Holy Spirit. Can one have the Holy Spirit and not have "oil" ? You have stretched these verses out of context. You've stretched the parable of the 10 virgins out of context.

The thief on the cross ? Was his lamp without oil ?
    Man....what confusion...

There is simply too much to explain from this jumble of logic. But what makes you think the thief on the cross received a divine nature? Based on what> He was saved according to righteousness (which is apropos for this thread and the reason why I am writing this)...not holiness.

How can you not understand these things?

Blog Entries

As in ...

"As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one..."
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

"As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one..."
    So you've proved my point. So then all the references to Abel or Noah (among others) being righteous are typos?

Blog Entries

So you've proved my point. So then all the references to Abel or Noah (among others) being righteous are typos?
    Note that Noah was righteous "in his time." The Bible says that, not me.

The Bible also says (Hebrews 11) that EVERYONE listed as righteous was by faith. In other words, not by their works.

As in ...

Notice what Jesus said...

Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
    32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Now it may be very difficult for some to see this point...but I hope that some at least will try here...

Jesus compared the righteous to being whole and sinners to being sick.

So then Jesus did not come to take away the righteousness from the righteous but to heal the sick.

The righteous are already whole
    The sinners are sick and need healing

This requires a good understanding of righteousness to accept.

Blog Entries

Notice what Jesus said...

Luke 5:31 And Jesus answering said unto them, They that are whole need not a physician; but they that are sick.
    32 I came not to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.

Now it may be very difficult for some to see this point...but I hope that some at least will try here...

Jesus compared the righteous to being whole and sinners to being sick.

So then Jesus did not come to take away the righteousness from the righteous but to heal the sick.

The righteous are already whole
    The sinners are sick and need healing

This requires a good understanding of righteousness to accept.
    So the "righteous" you are referring to don't need Jesus.

I get it.

woo-hoo.

Note that Noah was righteous "in his time." The Bible says that, not me.

The Bible also says (Hebrews 11) that EVERYONE listed as righteous was by faith. In other words, not by their works.
    You said there was none righteous... but without understanding. You are stuck on verses that make your synapses misfire.

There is none righteous THAT SIN NOT. This means that all men need forgiveness...EVEN the righteous.

Your spin is just that.... a spin.

Thread Information