Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Godless peoples live in the Holy Land

Hybrid View

Blog Entries

Godless peoples live in the Holy Land

Psalms 79:1-7 The heathen have invaded Your domain, Lord – they have defiled Your Holy Place and ruined Your Land. Your servants have been killed and evicted from Jerusalem. Now we suffer the taunts of our neighbours and the threats of those around us.
    Lord: You are roused to a fury, Your indignation blazes like a fire. Pour out Your wrath onto the nations that do not acknowledge You, those peoples that deny Your existence, for they have taken over the heritage of Jacob.

Psalms 79:8-13 Do not remember against Your people the guilt of past generations, rather let Your compassion come swiftly to meet us, for now we are brought so low. Help us, God our saviour for the honour of Your Name. For Your Name’s sake rescue us and wipe out our sins. Why should the nations ask: Where is their God? May we see Your vengeance for their treatment of Your servants.

Let the supplications of Your people from around the world, reach Your presence and in Your great might save those who are dead in the spirit. Ezekiel 37:13-14
    Turn back sevenfold onto their own heads the contempt the godless nations pour upon You. Then, we; Your people: the flock whom You shepherd, will give You thanks forever and praise You to all generations. Ref: REB. Some verses abridged

The heathen have invaded Your domain’- Most of the current inhabitants of the Holy Land, that is: the area from the Nile to the Euphrates, are atheistic, apostate or false religion worshippers. Isaiah 20:30-32, Psalms 52:1-5
    neighbours have taken over the heritage of Jacob’- Neighbours: the enemies of God, living in or adjacent to the State of Israel. Jeremiah 12:14, Ezekiel 21:13-14
    Jacob: now every faithful Christian. Galatians 3:26-29, Ephesians 3:6
    ‘Your indignation blazes like fire’ - The many prophesied punishment by fire that the Lord will bring upon the world, but especially devastating the Middle East. Ezekiel 30:2-5, Amos 1:3-15
    ‘onto their own heads’- The weapons prepared by the nations who attack will ‘recoil upon themselves’. Psalms 7:12-15, Obadiah 1:15, Joel 3:4
    ‘Your people, the flock whom You shepherd’, Righteous Christian people from every race nation and language, protected, saved and living in their heritage, the holy Land. Ezekiel 34:11-16, Isaiah 35:1-10, Romans 8:16-18

Psalms 79 is another example of How the Lord will act when the Islamic confederation commences their attack on the State of Israel, as described in Psalms 83. It will be the literal fulfilment of the many prophecies of a terrible punishment by fire upon the nations, an explosion of the suns surface, instigated by the Lord, but He is not seen at this time, so it can be thought of as a natural disaster by the secular peoples. It is the sudden and shocking Lord’s Day of vengeance and wrath, that will virtually depopulate all the area given to Abraham, nearly four centuries ago. Zephaniah 1:14-18, Jeremiah 10:18
    This will allow the gathering and settling of the true Israelites – natural and grafted in, to live in the Holy land. The rest of the world will form a One World Government, as nations will cede their sovereignty because of this disaster. At least 10 years later, the Lord Jesus will Return for His Millennium reign.
    Ref: logostelos.info

Re: Godless peoples live in the Holy Land

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Psalms 79:1-7 The heathen have invaded Your domain
    Could this possibly refer to the Assyrians, Babylonians, or the Romans? Nah, to far fetched.

‘The heathen have invaded Your domain’- Most of the current inhabitants of the Holy Land

Yes, these IDF soldiers are totally not praying to God.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Psalms 79 IS written as applicable to any of the times when foreigners have control of the holy Land. As in after the Assyrian, Babylonian and the Roman conquests.

It applies today and this will be the time when the Lord's indignation will be roused like fire. And the Lord's people, from every tribe of Israel, every race, nation and language; the flock that He Shepherds, will come to all of the holy Land, being the people that God always wanted there, but has never yet had.
    Great will be that time!

Blog Entries

Psalms 110:1-4 The Lord [Y’hovah] says to my Lord, [Jesus] sit at My right hand and I shall make Your enemies a footstool for Your feet. You are a priest forever in the order of Melchizedek. Hebrews 7:15-19
    Your people will give You homage on the Day of Your power. On the Day of Your wrath, in Your glorious majesty, You will judge the nations; heaping up the dead and crushing the rulers of the whole earth. Jeremiah 25:33, Isaiah 24:1-23, Luke 3:17, Hebrews 10:27, 2 Peter 3:7 & 10, Revelation 14:18-20

Psalms 20:6-9 Now I know that the Lord saves His anointed, He answers from His holy heaven with the saving power of His Right Hand. Some boast of chariots, some trust in horses, but our trust is in the Name of the Lord. Those things are brought down, but we rise up and stand firm.
    Hebrews 10:12 Christ, having offered for all time a single sacrifice for sins, took His seat at God’s right hand, where He now waits until His enemies are made His footstool.

Psalms 17:13-15 Rise up, Lord and confront Your enemies and bring them down. Save us from the godless, by Your Hand; make an end to them, all those whose reward is of this world. May Your people, whom You cherish, have food in plenty, may their children have wealth and prosperity. Our plea to You is just: May we see and be blest with a vision of Your holiness.
    Psalms 21:8-12 Your Hand will reach Your enemies, God’s Right hand will seize His foes. In His anger, when He acts, He will engulf them in a fiery furnace. Fire will consume them and it will rid mankind of their posterity. Though they plot evil against You and devise wicked schemes, they cannot succeed, for the Lord will aim His wrath at them and force them into flight.

Psalms 18:7-15 The earth shook because of His anger. Smoke, searing heat and devouring fire come out, as He parts the heavens. Thick darkness and vapour cover around Him, as a hail of glowing coals, lightning shafts and thunderous noise accompany Him. The earths foundations are laid bare at His rebuke, at the blast of His breath.

This is the ‘Great and terrible Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath”, which is the Sixth Seal event and is described in many prophesies: Isaiah 2:14-18, Jeremiah 23:19-20, Ezekiel 20:47-48, Joel 2:1-11, Amos 8:8-9, Micah 1:4, Habakkuk 3:9-13, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Haggai 2:21-22, Zechariah 9:14, Malachi 4:1, Romans 1:18, 2 Peter 3:7
    ‘A Day of darkness, not of light’, quite different from His Return in glory: Matt 24:30
    It is the next prophesied event, that will clear the holy Land in preparation for the great gathering of His people in the new country of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5

Psalms 19:7-11 The Laws of the Lord are perfect and revive the soul, His instructions never fail, they make the unlearned wise. His commands and precepts are right and pure, they give joy and understanding. The Lord’s judgements are true and righteous, by them, Your servants are warned, in obeying Him there is great reward. Matthew 11:25 Ref: REB, NIV. Some verses abridged.

Keraz, I have never run into someone like you before. Just who do you think Jesus prayed to? Even Jesus knew who they believed in:

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Maybe it would help you to spend some time in the gospels and get to know Jesus rather than spend time in the OT.

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Keraz, I have never run into someone like you before.
    He's very much a doom and gloom guy. Gets very excited at the thought of God smiting nonbelievers, especially Jews. I think he needs to get out of the sun and lie down a bit.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Maybe this is what he's trying to say...

Romans 10:1 Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

4 For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Jude
    ​“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Maybe this is what he's trying to say...
    Then he should say that, and not get gleeful at the thought of God smiting whoever gets smoten.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kyCyd View Post
    Keraz, I have never run into someone like you before. Just who do you think Jesus prayed to? Even Jesus knew who they believed in:

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Maybe it would help you to spend some time in the gospels and get to know Jesus rather than spend time in the OT.
    That's because the messenger, keraz, points out scriptures that don't conform to the cozy lifestyle of todays Western Christians.
    Huge changes are coming, denial of what must happen; as we are plainly told, is foolishness.

Your advice to 'get to know Jesus', is somewhat pretentious and misapplied to me, having spent many years on the mission field, working to help spread the Gospel.
    However, regarding the prophesies; the ancient prophets were disbelieved and for me to promote what they said, the reaction is the same as for Ezekiel 33:30-33

Psalms 79 IS written as applicable to any of the times when foreigners have control of the holy Land. As in after the Assyrian, Babylonian and the Roman conquests.

It applies today
    Um, so the actual, physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to whom God promised the land as an eternal inheritance, are now considered "foreigners"? I hate to be rude, but you're just making stuff up at this point.

Genesis 13:15 For all the land that you see, I will give to you and your offspring forever.

Genesis 17:8 The whole land of Canaan, where you now reside as a foreigner, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you

Genesis 26: 3 For I will give all these lands to you and your offspring, and I will confirm the oath that I swore to your father Abraham.

Genesis 32:13 You swore by Your very self when You declared, ‘I will make your descendants as numerous as the stars in the sky, and I will give your descendants all this land that I have promised, and it shall be their inheritance forever'

etc etc

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Um, so the actual, physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, to whom God promised the land as an eternal inheritance, are now considered "foreigners"? I hate to be rude, but you're just making stuff up at this point.
    I was referring to the evil neighbors. The nations occupying all the area given to Abraham. Genesis 15:18....From the Nile to the Euphrates.
    But lets clarify exactly who are the people living in the tiny sliver of the holy Land, called the State of Israel. Do they have any real proof of their descent from Judah? All the records were destroyed in 70AD

The reality is that since Jesus came, the only claim to being the people of God, is thru Jesus. The Bible is abundantly clear on this point. Any ideas that a person has an inside track to Salvation because of ethnicity, is totally wrong. There is only one people of God: born again Christians. John 17:20-23, Ephesians 4:4-6, +

I was referring to the evil neighbors.
    I don't think that they're necessarily evil either.

The nations occupying all the area given to Abraham. Genesis 15:18....From the Nile to the Euphrates.
    Actually "the river of Egypt", which is not the Nile. But whatever.

But lets clarify exactly who are the people living in the tiny sliver of the holy Land, called the State of Israel. Do they have any real proof of their descent from Judah?
    Ah, this again. I always get a chuckle out of it. You see, in the middle ages, when they were looking to burn people at the stake, everyone knew that the Jews were descended from the people that crucified Jesus. (yes, technically that would be the Romans. But again, whatever). But nowadays were all smart and sophisticated and have no idea who those people might be.

All the records were destroyed in 70AD
    There were no records. This is pure fiction.

The reality is that since Jesus came, the only claim to being the people of God, is thru Jesus. The Bible is abundantly clear on this point. Any ideas that a person has an inside track to Salvation because of ethnicity, is totally wrong.
    I never said anything about "salvation". All I said was that the land that God promised as an eternal inheritance to the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, belongs to the Jews who are not "foreigners" in that land.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I don't think that they're necessarily evil either.

I never said anything about "salvation". All I said was that the land that God promised as an eternal inheritance to the physical descendants of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, belongs to the Jews who are not "foreigners" in that land.
    In the sight of God, the peoples surrounding Israel are evil neighbors. Which includes a high percentage of the peoples living inside Israel. Your opinion counts for nothing.
    Regarding who the holy Land rightfully belongs to; do you know of any Jewish person who has documented proof of their ancestry back to Judah? Are you aware of the many people groups who have become Jews by conversion to Judaism? Some Edomites did that, the Khazars and lately the Ethiopian Falashas. So to purport that the citizens of the State of Israel have a ancestral right to be there, is an unproveable supposition.

Blog Entries

In the sight of God, the peoples surrounding Israel are evil neighbors. Which includes a high percentage of the peoples living inside Israel. Your opinion counts for nothing.
    There are Christians in the "Holy Land" too, including muslim countries. I'm not sure what your point is except that there are evil people in the world - which was true in Solomon's day - and should be obvious. If you're just talking about "false Jews," I don't see how the passages from Psalms are related. Israel (the UN country or otherwise) has never been perfect.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    There are Christians in the "Holy Land" too, including muslim countries. I'm not sure what your point is except that there are evil people in the world - which was true in Solomon's day - and should be obvious. If you're just talking about "false Jews," I don't see how the passages from Psalms are related. Israel (the UN country or otherwise) has never been perfect.
    Thanks Aviyah. There are some great Christians in Israel, I have worshipped with them in Christs Church and in the Kingdom Church on Jaffa Road. But sadly they are only about .05% of the population.
    My reference to the evil neighbors, is from Jeremiah 12:14-16, where God says thru His Prophet Jeremiah, that He will uproot them AND Judah too He will uproot. This will happen on the forthcoming Day of the Lord's wrath and only those of Judah who are Christians, the remnant; Isaiah 6:11-13, Romans 9:27, +, will join with their brethren in the new nation of Beulah. Isaiah 62:1-5

Thread Information