Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
But it reads to me at least in Ps. 34's case that David is talking about being saved out of the worst, not just being given the strength to live in it. In the post you linked to, you mention the Israelites in Egypt and Moses's discouragement as an example of prayer. My view is that Israel was not yet delivered while they were still slaves:

Say therefore to the people of Israel, 'I am the LORD, and I will bring you out from under the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will deliver you from slavery to them, and I will redeem you with an outstretched arm and with great acts of judgment.' (Ex. 6:6)

So deliverance here must mean being freed from slavery itself, not simply being able to persevere as slaves. Is there maybe an example in Scripture where God says someone is "delivered" from a situation even though they remain in it? I think this would help me understand your point of view.
I'll write more later (tomorrow), getting ready to head off to a conference and I have no clue what time I'll get home tonight.

In a sense, we can look at a big picture and equate that "salvation" is deliverance from this world, but until glorification, we are "still in/remain in" the world.