Thread: Question about Drones

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Question about Drones

Tonight I was out walking my dog one more time before bed when I suddenly decided to turn back in the direction I came. As I turned I saw what at first appeared to be a shooting star in burn out phase. I saw where it came from and where it burned out at. But I thought it curious that it was as red as the light on airplanes and it seemed quite close. Close enough that I thought maybe it wasn't a shooting star after all. As I stood pondering this i saw it again. Only this time it was just one red blink like a firefly and entirely too high to be a firefly. Plus the bigger issue was it had made a hard left and was completely in line with the last place I saw it. It was like it turned on the very corner of a piece of paper and followed that straight line.
    Then I saw it blink again. Then I saw a plane fly overhead and though it was dark out the plane was low enough for me to see its shadow in the moon light.Yet this object I was watching was so silent and absent. yet there, like a shooting star that I can't even imagine that a non military drone could be capable of this. And I honestly couldn't tell how high it was. Though it must not have been much higher than the tree line given how I was able to track it.

So my question to you all is this, are drones able to make hair pin turns and are they that stealthy?
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Re: Question about Drones

Maybe yes maybe no..watch this..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ByQW6HSmQQ

Jude
    Matthew 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Some are quick and can turn on a dime.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

They must have had one that was silent because I didn't even hear it.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    They must have had one that was silent because I didn't even hear it.
    Possibly higher than you thought ? Sometimes our depth perception at night can play tricks on us. I would think that was the case before I started thinking it could be extra-terrestrial.

Quote Originally Posted by Saved7 View Post
    Tonight I was out walking my dog one more time before bed when I suddenly decided to turn back in the direction I came. As I turned I saw what at first appeared to be a shooting star in burn out phase. I saw where it came from and where it burned out at. But I thought it curious that it was as red as the light on airplanes and it seemed quite close. Close enough that I thought maybe it wasn't a shooting star after all. As I stood pondering this i saw it again. Only this time it was just one red blink like a firefly and entirely too high to be a firefly. Plus the bigger issue was it had made a hard left and was completely in line with the last place I saw it. It was like it turned on the very corner of a piece of paper and followed that straight line.
    Then I saw it blink again. Then I saw a plane fly overhead and though it was dark out the plane was low enough for me to see its shadow in the moon light.Yet this object I was watching was so silent and absent. yet there, like a shooting star that I can't even imagine that a non military drone could be capable of this. And I honestly couldn't tell how high it was. Though it must not have been much higher than the tree line given how I was able to track it.

So my question to you all is this, are drones able to make hair pin turns and are they that stealthy?
    From what I can see civilian drones cost anything from pocket change to the price of a cheap car (and maybe higher still) so I wouldn't have trouble believing that the more expensive ones can turn fast and be fairly quiet. If it's dark it's hard to tell where a single point of light is because there aren't any points of reference. If you're looking at a car you can gauge distance by the distance between the lights, or by some other reference point it's illuminating. If you've just got a point of light somewhere in the dark it could be just above the treeline or somewhere higher.

I think some of the more advanced ones (and maybe cheaper ones too, I don't know) require some form of licensing to operate and are technically considered registered aircraft. It would be cool to play with one but the price is a bit much for a toy.

Blog Entries

My friend's drone cost nearly $2000.00.

It can do amazing things.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    My friend's drone cost nearly $2000.00.

It can do amazing things.
    My 12 gauge cost $175.00. You ought to see what it could do to a $2000 drone! ha!

Thread Information