Thread: Been a bit

Been a bit

Hi everyone, I know I haven't been active in this forum for a long while. I've had my faith in Jesus for a long time, but recently wanted to get really serious about it for a variety of reasons. The Lord has given my dreams of hell (terrifying) including the lukewarm Christians mentioned in the Bible and I've been doing Bible study online (which helps greatly). I've also been disturbed by many in my generation accepting or applauding sin and pushing Christ further and further. away. I work with 3-5 year-old children who have never heard God's name except as a curse word and want to share love and joy with these little ones. My positions on many things have changed to be more Christ-oriented and I realize I was not hanging around the right people in my teen years and trying to hard to impress a non-believe ex-boyfriend. Thankfully, the Lord has had me come around. I have learned that God was protecting me and strengthening me in many ways. My anger at the Lord is gone about my never knowing my father. I found out my biological father's true nature and God was showing His love and wisdom by not having me know him. My abuse at the hands of my brother-in-law is also...gone! I'm happy and peaceful after many battles and prayers with the Father, He has healed me. He showed me how my wounds have made me better and able to help those who are hurting! It took me a while after the death of my sister from lung cancer (caused by years of drug abuse) but once again God has been patient and helped me heal by teaching me to trust.

Personally, I am still married to Mark, we have been married eight years and November will be nine years! I love him very, very much! I am working on my doctorate degree in Teaching and Learning and on my dissertation right now. We have five dogs: Mija (Chihuahua) 11, London (Golden Retriever) 13, a Pekingese/Japanese Chin mix, Misty (7), Sango, a Japanese Chin (4), and Tami, Japanese Chin (5). This is my 4th year with the same school district as a pre-K teacher teaching low-income students (at-risk) to be prepared for kindergarten.
    We serve God by serving others. The world defines greatness in terms of power, possessions, prestige, and position. If you can demand service from others, you've arrived. In our self-serving culture with its me-first mentality, acting like a servant is not a popular concept. Rick Warren
    [

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Re: Been a bit

It is always a blessing to read your responses in threads... glad you are continuing in diving deeper into Jesus!
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Thread Information