Thread: Step-Daughter Jail Woes

Step-Daughter Jail Woes

Hello, I need prayers for my step-daughter, Ash. It's a long story, but she lost her home here in Texas and her ex-husband's parents offered to house her and help take care of her and her ex-husband's autistic daughter. Well, six months in Colorado, Ash is kicked out of the trailer her ex's relatives were letting her stay at because she was drinking and not working. Ash had given rights up to her daughter so the child's grandparents could get treatments for her (speech therapy, gym, physical therapy, etc). Well, Ash has been living in her car, homeless. My husband and I offered for her to come live with us if she would allow us to help her get sober and find a job, she declined.

Two months ago, a man Ash met on the street is paying for her to rent a hotel twice a week. Well, turns out this man was out on parole for domestic violence and got into a fight with my step-daughter. He wound up physically hurting her and she yelled and ripped his shirt. She got charged with domestic violence and had a court date. Well, Ash has always suffered from bi=-polar disorder and not been on her proper meds. She checked herself into a clinic. However, she didn't inform the court why she failed to show up. They had her in jail after she got out for one night (we made her bail) for skipping court. Mark and I have offered her to come live with us for a while to help her become sober and get her life on track. Mark has even told her she needs to get her life right with the Lord as He has looked out for her. First, she needs to sort out this court thing before she comes back to our home.

Please pray. Thank you, God bless
    We serve God by serving others. The world defines greatness in terms of power, possessions, prestige, and position. If you can demand service from others, you've arrived. In our self-serving culture with its me-first mentality, acting like a servant is not a popular concept. Rick Warren
    [

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Re: Step-Daughter Jail Woes

Prayers up. So sad. There are so very many people I know that are just like Ash. So many in need of prayer.
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

God bless you and Mark and your daughter's ex in-laws. Praying Ash comes to her senses.

Blog Entries

Praying here....
    If you want to talk please pm me. It must be hard for you and Mark to see this happening.

Love you lots,
    Mieke
    Glorious Day
    Living He loved me
    Dying He saved me
    Buried He carried my sins far away
    Risen He justified
    Freely forever
    One day He's coming
    Oh Glorious Day!

Casting Crowns

Thread Information