Thread: IMO the rapture will be mid-trib becaause:

IMO the rapture will be mid-trib becaause:

Matt 16:16-19 "And Simon Peter answered and said, thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, blessed art thou Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." That this includes all of the body of Christ and not just Peter can be seen in; Matt 18:18,19 "Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye bind upon the earth shall be bound in heaven. And whatsoever ye loose upon the earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."

Also in; Lu 10:17-20 "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold I give you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

Now regarding the evil one's revealing of himself to the world, we see in; 2 Thes 2:3-8 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that wicked one be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming."

Jn 16:7-11 "And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin because they believe not on me; of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged."

The Church has authority over all the power of the enemy and the Holy Spirit ministers judgment to the evil spirits that are in the world. So that between the Church and the Holy Spirit; the evil one will be hindered from revealing himself to the world until its time for the abomination of desolation, which will occur during the middle of the great tribulation. Then the Church will be caught up into the air, to be with the Lord Jesus; and then the evil one will reveal himself as God to the world.

And btw; When the burning mountain impacts with the earth and takes out one-third of the people, and one-third of the ships, and pollutes one-third of the Earth's rivers; it will not be from the King of the North(Russia), nor from the King of the South(North Africa), nor from the King of the East(China), and neither from the King of the West(Europe). Which leaves North and South America to make up the full third of the world's population.

Maranatha!!!

Re: IMO the rapture will be mid-trib becaause:

Quote Originally Posted by glfglf View Post
    Matt 16:16-19 "And Simon Peter answered and said, thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. And Jesus answered and said unto him, blessed art thou Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, Thou art Peter and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind upon earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven." That this includes all of the body of Christ and not just Peter can be seen in; Matt 18:18,19 "Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye bind upon the earth shall be bound in heaven. And whatsoever ye loose upon the earth shall be loosed in heaven. Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven."

Also in; Lu 10:17-20 "And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold I give you power to tread upon serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject to you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven."

Now regarding the evil one's revealing of himself to the world, we see in; 2 Thes 2:3-8 "Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition; Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshiped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God. Remember ye not, that, when I was yet with you I told you these things? And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time. For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way. And then shall that wicked one be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming."

Jn 16:7-11 "And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin because they believe not on me; of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged."

The Church has authority over all the power of the enemy and the Holy Spirit ministers judgment to the evil spirits that are in the world. So that between the Church and the Holy Spirit; the evil one will be hindered from revealing himself to the world until its time for the abomination of desolation, which will occur during the middle of the great tribulation. Then the Church will be caught up into the air, to be with the Lord Jesus; and then the evil one will reveal himself as God to the world.

And btw; When the burning mountain impacts with the earth and takes out one-third of the people, and one-third of the ships, and pollutes one-third of the Earth's rivers; it will not be from the King of the North(Russia), nor from the King of the South(North Africa), nor from the King of the East(China), and neither from the King of the West(Europe). Which leaves North and South America to make up the full third of the world's population.

Maranatha!!!
    The main thing wrong with your theory though, when its time for the abomination of desolation, that's what kicks off the GT. That would make you Pretrib and not midtrib. There is no GT already in progress before the time of the AOD. Look at Matt 24 again.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
    Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Maranatha!!!
    There was a time when this was required reading in bible schools....It's one of the only history books that establishes the rise of Antichrist..

http://www.biblebelievers.com/foxes/findex.htm

Jude
    You never have to advertise a fire. Everyone comes running when there's a fire. Likewise, if your church is on fire, you will not have to advertise it. The community will already know it.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    The main thing wrong with your theory though, when its time for the abomination of desolation, that's what kicks off the GT. That would make you Pretrib and not midtrib. There is no GT already in progress before the time of the AOD. Look at Matt 24 again.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand)
    Matthew 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.
    Couldn't agree more

Blog Entries

Maranatha!!!
    I will agree with most of this (minus the last sentence) and with an addition... The Great Tribulation must continue for a very short period (less than a year and probably around a month or so... BEFORE THE RAPTURE). This fulfills the following scriptures:

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

We are clear on when the Great Tribulation starts, at the Abomination of Desolation at the midpoint of the 70th week. However the "appearing of Christ" (which is clearly "His coming") and our being caught up to meet Him in the Air must occur shortly AFTER the Midpoint, But not right on the midpoint...

Matt 24 throws a lot of people off about the timing of the Rapture, because the current teachings about the Great Tribulation is that it lasts 3.5 years. This is a terrible mistake. Clearly Matt 24 teaches salvation of Saints after the GREAT TRIB, so assigning a general time period seems important... But as you pointed out, if we include the timelines of Satan, the AC, and other things, we realize that the Rapture must occur closer to the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post
    I will agree with most of this (minus the last sentence) and with an addition... The Great Tribulation must continue for a very short period (less than a year and probably around a month or so... BEFORE THE RAPTURE). This fulfills the following scriptures:

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held: 10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth? 11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

Rev 7:14 And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

We are clear on when the Great Tribulation starts, at the Abomination of Desolation at the midpoint of the 70th week. However the "appearing of Christ" (which is clearly "His coming") and our being caught up to meet Him in the Air must occur shortly AFTER the Midpoint, But not right on the midpoint...

Matt 24 throws a lot of people off about the timing of the Rapture, because the current teachings about the Great Tribulation is that it lasts 3.5 years. This is a terrible mistake. Clearly Matt 24 teaches salvation of Saints after the GREAT TRIB, so assigning a general time period seems important... But as you pointed out, if we include the timelines of Satan, the AC, and other things, we realize that the Rapture must occur closer to the middle.
    But the middle of the GT would not be the beginning of the AOD. It would be in the middle of the AOD. If the AOD involves 42 months, these same 42 months meaning the GT, that makes the middle of the GT at 21 months after the AOD is seen standing where it ought not. Why would there be a rapture at that particular time? If there is instead a rapture at the beginning of the AOD, that makes the rapture Pretrib rather than Midtrib. Even if the GT was 84 months in length, it still couldn't start until there is an AOD first. Matt 24 makes that pretty clear.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by divaD View Post
    But the middle of the GT would not be the beginning of the AOD. It would be in the middle of the AOD. If the AOD involves 42 months, these same 42 months meaning the GT, that makes the middle of the GT at 21 months after the AOD is seen standing where it ought not. Why would there be a rapture at that particular time? If there is instead a rapture at the beginning of the AOD, that makes the rapture Pretrib rather than Midtrib. Even if the GT was 84 months in length, it still couldn't start until there is an AOD first. Matt 24 makes that pretty clear.
    My first statement pretty much nullified the Post title, didn't it... LOL... Guess I should have made it clear: I do not believe the Rapture happens Exactly at the Midpoint of the 70th Week, but rather weeks or months (no one knows the exact time) after.

Knowing that certain things must happen BEFORE the appearing of the Lord is scriptural:

2 Thess 2:1 Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him, 2 That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. 3 Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

See, there is actually a "SEASON" (defined as a set of events that must be unfolding within a generation) that must be present when the time comes to look for Christ Jesus on the Clouds:

Matt 24:2 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh: 33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors. 34 Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

HOWEVER, you pointed to a very important truth:

Matt 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

However, if you read it plainly it states that you can not know the DAY OR HOUR... Not the Season... So then I agree 100% with this and state that once the AoD happens, (a SEASON indicator), then Matt 24:36 STARTS applying. It does not at all apply until the AoD happens.

After the AoD, we are not given a time of when Jesus will return. It could be minutes, hours, days, weeks, months, and even years, BUT it MUST happen before the 3.5 Year mark after the AoD (It has a TIME LIMIT...)

Matt 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be. 22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Well, to me that is the only way to read all prophecy together without issues... And I mean NO issues...

Maranatha!!!
    I have been advocating something akin to this for awhile now, but you and I differ on a few points of emphasis and I have a whole n'other angle that arises from this "The gates of hell can not prevail against the church" passage and it involves 2 Thess. 2 from another perspective.

The Rapture is pre 70th week, because the Church and Israel are separate ventures via Gods calling, which is why Romans 11 speaks about the time of the Gentiles having to come full before Israel's Blindness is lifted off of them. Then he says Gods calling is WITHOUT REPENTANCE, thus inferring Israel time will come back around when the Church is Raptured.

You see, I think THE CHURCH is what DELIVERED the Mortal Head Wound to the Beast per Rev. 13. Daniel was never told about the Church because it was not the original plan, even though God knowing all things, knew he would call upon the Gentiles. Only because Israel REJECTED Jesus/God did God call upon the Gentile Church and insert them/US into His plans. This is why the Beasts of Daniel SKIP 2000 years from the Fourth Beast to the Little Horn that comes out of the Fourth Beast. This is why the Statue SKIPS 2000 years from the Iron Legs to the Iron and Clay Feet with 10 toes. This is why the 70th WEEK SKIPS 2000 Years until God once again quickens or brings Israel back unto life from the Dead as in the DEAD MEN'S BONES of Ezekiel ch. 37.

2 Thess. 2:3 says the Church will or MUST DEPART before the Man of Sin/Anti-Christ can be REVEALED, and thus Rev. 13 now makes sense as per the Mortal Wound. There was a Beast over Israel and the Mediterranean Sea Region from Babylon to Rome and even before with Egypt and Assyria. But Israel was NO MORE thus the Beast was NO MORE, the Church which could not be overcome by Satan was NOW in the world, thus the Beast can not COME FORTH and Conquer the world because the Church has ALL POWER OVER Satan !! Amen. Thus the Church has to be Raptured before the anti-Christ/BEAST came come forth, but that happens pre 70th Week.

So that which WITHHOLDETH the Man of Sin from coming forth is THE CHURCH working in conjunction with the Holy Spirit. And Paul says NOW YOU KNOW what WITHHOLDETH that HE (Anti-Christ) might be REVEALED in his time !! { So the Church has to be taken out of the way before the BEAST can come forth on the scene. }

As per the King of the North, read my Daniel 11 & 12 thread. The KOTN is the Anti-Christ who is born in Greece and comes to power in the European Union. The KOTS is some entity SOUTH of the E.U. King, I doubt its Egypt, my guess is a sort of NATO like Group that is led by Turkey. And finally the Kings of the East I think is Iran/Iraq Kings close to the Euphrates, there is no such thing associated with a 200 Million Man Army, that is in Rev. 9, its an Angelic Army IMHO, the Kings of the East are in Rev. ch. 16.

Rev. 13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy. 2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard (GREECE), and his feet were as the feet of a bear , (PERSIA) and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: (BABYLON) and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.

3 And I saw one of his heads as it were wounded to death; (ROME) and his deadly wound was healed: (Anti-Christ/BEAST) and all the world wondered after the beast.

4 And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 5 And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months.

The Church put a HIATUS to the Beast System for 2000 years, IF Israel had accepted Christ Jesus as their Messiah, one can surmise that there would have been no Church Age per se, and 2000 years ago the world would have known Jesus Christ as the Savior of the world, except I imagine it would have been the Romans that would have killed Jesus instead of the Jews who conspired with the Romans to kill him.........of course for our sins.

Thread Information