Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Are we imbalanced eschatomaniacs in the 21st century church?

Re: Are we imbalanced eschatomaniacs in the 21st century church?

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    What I said was; God does expect us to read the Bible. We get our information about Salvation and how we should live there. Also there is a great amount of prophecy, some fulfilled; very literally, but most awaiting fulfilment. We should know about what God has planned for the future. Otherwise we are in the dark. 1 Thess 5:4
    I do not believe that 1 Thessalonians 5:4 has anything tO do with "being in the dark" about "what God has planned for the future." The end of chapter 4 continues right into chapter 5 without a break in thought. In the end of chapter 4, Paul was just telling those frightened Thessalonians that whether you are dead or alive when Jesus comes, we all get resurrected. Then he continues in chapter 5. So, we shouldn't be worried about when we die or when Jesus is coming back, because in either case we all get on the same train.

Seems to me that what you are suggesting is just the opposite of what Paul was saying.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FreedMan View Post
    Seems to me that what you are suggesting is just the opposite of what Paul was saying.
    Paul says in 1 Thess 5:1-5, along with over 100+ other Bible prophesies; that the Day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, at a time when people think all is peaceful, sudden destruction will hit them, [the Lord's enemies] and there will be no escape.
    But you, my friends, you read the Prophetic Word, you know what God has told you thru His prophets, so that terrible Day will not surprise you.

Is that how it is with you? Have you really studied all the many prophesies that vividly describe the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath against the nations? All the information about what it will be, why the Lord sends it, when He will do it, etc, is Written in our Bibles. Just read it and be a child of the Light.

So; regarding the OP, those who do know what God has planned to do is these end times, are the sane and sensible ones, those who fail to understand the prophesies, are the unbalanced and insensible ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Paul says in 1 Thess 5:1-5, along with over 100+ other Bible prophesies; that the Day of the Lord will come unexpectedly, at a time when people think all is peaceful, sudden destruction will hit them, [the Lord's enemies] and there will be no escape.
    But you, my friends, you read the Prophetic Word, you know what God has told you thru His prophets, so that terrible Day will not surprise you.

Is that how it is with you? Have you really studied all the many prophesies that vividly describe the great and terrible Day of the Lord's vengeance and wrath against the nations? All the information about what it will be, why the Lord sends it, when He will do it, etc, is Written in our Bibles. Just read it and be a child of the Light.

So; regarding the OP, those who do know what God has planned to do is these end times, are the sane and sensible ones, those who fail to understand the prophesies, are the unbalanced and insensible ones.

Why would,a believer have any concern about God's wrath toward His enemies? More than that, I think you've already taken a wrong turn in 1 Thess 4 and 5, so I don't imagine your interpretation of supposedly "prophetic" verses would leave much of an impression on me.

Jesus clearly warned those in Jerusalem to flee to the mountains before the destruction of the temple. I don't live in Jerusalem and I surely don't live 2000 years ago, so, well, there ya go.

Why would,a believer have any concern about God's wrath toward His enemies? More than that, I think you've already taken a wrong turn in 1 Thess 4 and 5, so I don't imagine your interpretation of supposedly "prophetic" verses would leave much of an impression on me.

Jesus clearly warned those in Jerusalem to flee to the mountains before the destruction of the temple. I don't live in Jerusalem and I surely don't live 2000 years ago, so, well, there ya go.
    What makes you so sure God does not want us to know what He is doing. I don't think He wants us in blissful ignorance.

John 15:15*"Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    What makes you so sure God does not want us to know what He is doing. I don't think He wants us in blissful ignorance.

John 15:15*"Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you."
    My, my. Context brother, context. Jesus was clearly talking about the fact thatcher had told them about his coming crucifixion.

Jesus says he doesn't know when he's returning
    Paul says the Thessalonians don't need to know when he's returning,

Being in the dark means being an unbeliever, not meaning "having a lack of understanding of so called prophetic verses."

We can't just make things up, brothers.

My, my. Context brother, context. Jesus was clearly talking about the fact thatcher had told them about his coming crucifixion.

Jesus says he doesn't know when he's returning
    Paul says the Thessalonians don't need to know when he's returning,

Being in the dark means being an unbeliever, not meaning "having a lack of understanding of so called prophetic verses."

We can't just make things up, brothers.
    So you don't think Paul was expecting The Thessalonians to know of the Lord's day?

1 Thess. 5:3-5*"For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape.*But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.*Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness."*

It seems fairly apparent that is not the case. Do you think Jesus does not know now when He is coming back. He said He didn't know when He walked the earth. I think he knows now.

1 Cor. 13:12*"For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

Blog Entries

The sudden and shocking Day of the Lord's wrath against the nations, Habakkuk 3:12, Isaiah 24, Revelation 6:12-17, Zephaniah 3:8 and 100 other prophesies, are in our Bibles for the one purpose; to give His servants warning of what will happen.

That those unfulfilled prophesies make no impression on you, is the usual reaction of the average churchgoer. It's too bad, really when the Day comes and its too late to know what the Lord tells us to do, then and afterward.
    Jeremiah 6:10 To whom shall I speak, to whom give the warning? The people are incapable of listening, they treat the Lord's Word as a reproach.

Thread Information