Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 34

Thread: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,968
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    That may well be. But religious discrimination and persecution should not be tolerated, no matter who the victim is.
    True. Allow one, and we are all in danger.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  2. #17

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    True. Allow one, and we are all in danger.
    no, it's dubious logic. Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted in Russia for understandable reasons, because in Russia they will not tolerate the confession that lead from the United States. Other denominations are not in danger in Russia. Do not believe anyone, everything is fine in Russia.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dwight, IL
    Posts
    5,411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    That may well be. But religious discrimination and persecution should not be tolerated, no matter who the victim is.
    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    True. Allow one, and we are all in danger.
    Amen. Same in the USA when they adoption agencies run by nuns shut down because they can’t place orphans in same-sex homes due to convictions. They may be Roman Catholic but Evangelicals need to pay attention.

    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

    Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

    If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,968
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney View Post
    no, it's dubious logic. Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted in Russia for understandable reasons, because in Russia they will not tolerate the confession that lead from the United States. Other denominations are not in danger in Russia. Do not believe anyone, everything is fine in Russia.
    Yeah, right. That's why my Ukrainian neighbors had to leave their home, because "everything is fine in Russia."

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    Amen. Same in the USA when they adoption agencies run by nuns shut down because they can’t place orphans in same-sex homes due to convictions. They may be Roman Catholic but Evangelicals need to pay attention.
    The left hates God and His people.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Not of this earth
    Posts
    13,188
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    First they came for the Socialists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Socialist.

    Then they came for the Trade Unionists, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Trade Unionist.

    Then they came for the Jews, and I did not speak out—
    Because I was not a Jew.

    Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me.

    - Martin Niemoller
    He's wild you know. Not like a tame lion.

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    14,943

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    Amen. Same in the USA when they adoption agencies run by nuns shut down because they can’t place orphans in same-sex homes due to convictions. They may be Roman Catholic but Evangelicals need to pay attention.
    Yep. I think our former president was a warning shot. It will only get worse if we don't pay attention. I think that is why President Trump got so much support from evangelicals. I know that there were folks that couldn't vote for Romney because he was a mormon. Makes no sense to me given what the left is like these days. But after what happened with Obamacare, hopefully, evangelicals have been awakened. Without that, I don't think we could have supported someone like Trump. (He has greatly and pleasantly surprised me with how he has governed.)

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    The left hates God and His people.
    Becoming rather obvious that this is the case. We should have our eyes wide open going forward.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  7. #22

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Yeah, right. That's why my Ukrainian neighbors had to leave their home, because "everything is fine in Russia."
    I do not know who your neighbors are, but half the population of Ukraine supports Russia. In Ukraine on political grounds the population was divided in half.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,968
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney View Post
    I do not know who your neighbors are, but half the population of Ukraine supports Russia. In Ukraine on political grounds the population was divided in half.
    And half the population in this country supports the evil left. What's your point?

    Persecution is wrong. Period.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  9. #24

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    And half the population in this country supports the evil left. What's your point?
    you are so biased attitude to the "left". And the "right" is good? some kind of medieval gloom to divide people into black and white.

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    14,943

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney View Post
    you are so biased attitude to the "left". And the "right" is good? some kind of medieval gloom to divide people into black and white.
    Just watch what the left does in the US and who they hate. They go after nuns and target their belief systems with the force of government. Keck is not biased. He is seeing things clearly.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  11. #26
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Dwight, IL
    Posts
    5,411
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Yep. I think our former president was a warning shot. It will only get worse if we don't pay attention. I think that is why President Trump got so much support from evangelicals. I know that there were folks that couldn't vote for Romney because he was a mormon. Makes no sense to me given what the left is like these days. But after what happened with Obamacare, hopefully, evangelicals have been awakened. Without that, I don't think we could have supported someone like Trump. (He has greatly and pleasantly surprised me with how he has governed.)



    Becoming rather obvious that this is the case. We should have our eyes wide open going forward.
    I voted for Romney without hesitation. I wasn’t electing a pastor in 2012 or in 2016. I was electing a president. Romney was governor of Massachusetts. Massachusetts never became the new Utah. I never understood the worry of Romney’s Mormonism.

    In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

    Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

    If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    14,943

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by TrustGzus View Post
    I voted for Romney without hesitation. I wasn’t electing a pastor in 2012 or in 2016. I was electing a president. Romney was governor of Massachusetts. Massachusetts never became the new Utah. I never understood the worry of Romney’s Mormonism.
    Religion. Just like those in Jesus day... many people choke at a gnat and swallow a camel. IMO, its a religious spirit/mindset driving those folks.

    Edit: I voted for Romney too. IMO, it was an easy choice.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    29,968
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney View Post
    you are so biased attitude to the "left". And the "right" is good? some kind of medieval gloom to divide people into black and white.
    I admit I am biased by the truth. The truth is the left is acting out with hate, persecution and intolerance just like the Комите́т госуда́рственной безопа́сности.

    But you missed the point. I don’t care if half of Ukraine “likes Russia.” (And I don’t beleive that anyway). Russia is wrong. Persecution is wrong.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

  14. #29

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Just watch what the left does in the US and who they hate. They go after nuns and target their belief systems with the force of government. Keck is not biased. He is seeing things clearly.
    If I understand correctly, the leftists are socialists and communists, or similar political parties. By the way, in Russia and Ukraine and other countries of the former USSR, many modern leftists are parishioners of the Orthodox Church and they do not persecute nuns. The modern left in these countries is often not atheists as it was before (as I know).

  15. #30

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    I admit I am biased by the truth. The truth is the left is acting out with hate, persecution and intolerance just like the Комите́т госуда́рственной безопа́сности.
    Well, you say such terrible things, this structure does not exist since the collapse of the USSR, why rush the past.

    But you missed the point. I don’t care if half of Ukraine “likes Russia.” (And I don’t beleive that anyway).
    believe it or not, I do know about this.

    Russia is wrong. Persecution is wrong.
    in any country there are persecutions of dissidents, you might think that there are no persecutions in the US. In the US, for example, the Communists are banned, will we make a noise because of this, that in the USA are persecuting the Communists? Is it not infringed upon their rights? Let's worry.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jehovah's Witnesses
    By my1cutie in forum Apologetics and Evangelism
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 15th 2013, 01:20 AM
  2. Jehovah's Witnesses question
    By mortehoe in forum Christians Answer
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 22nd 2009, 04:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •