Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 34 of 34

Thread: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,476

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney View Post
    no, it's dubious logic. Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted in Russia for understandable reasons, because in Russia they will not tolerate the confession that lead from the United States. Other denominations are not in danger in Russia. Do not believe anyone, everything is fine in Russia.
    Religious persecution is religious persecution. It doesn't matter if the party carrying it out has a nice excuse. "They're not really Christians anyway", or "The movement has leadership in the US", or "they're heathens anyways". or any other excuse that ignores the real problem.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

    Isaiah 54

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Wherever the Lord places me
    Posts
    42,476

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney View Post
    In the US, for example, the Communists are banned
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_USA

    http://www.cpusa.org (Established 1919)
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

    Isaiah 54

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Chattanooga, TN
    Posts
    15,117

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Religious persecution is religious persecution. It doesn't matter if the party carrying it out has a nice excuse. "They're not really Christians anyway", or "The movement has leadership in the US", or "they're heathens anyways". or any other excuse that ignores the real problem.
    Exactly. It is a very slippery slope to allow persecution to someone we don't agree with to before it comes our way. If the persecution is because "we don't agree with you" then eventually, someone will be in office that doesn't agree with us.

    I would think after the direction the Democrats took the last 8 years, people here would be more sensative to any persecution. It could happen here at some point.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    31,965
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney View Post
    Well, you say such terrible things, this structure does not exist since the collapse of the USSR, why rush the past.
    You’re joking, right? Putin worked in the KGB and his actions betray your denial.

    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney
    believe it or not, I do know about this.
    after your statement above, all I believe is that you are a propagandist for a corrupt regime.



    Quote Originally Posted by JChesney
    in any country there are persecutions of dissidents, you might think that there are no persecutions in the US. In the US, for example, the Communists are banned, will we make a noise because of this, that in the USA are persecuting the Communists? Is it not infringed upon their rights? Let's worry.
    Rather ignorant statement. For one thing, Communism isn’t a religion. Secondly, being a Jehovah’s Witness doesn’t qualify as “being a dissident.”

    Furthermore the Communist Party is alive and well and not persecuted in this country.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jehovah's Witnesses
    By my1cutie in forum Apologetics and Evangelism
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 15th 2013, 01:20 AM
  2. Jehovah's Witnesses question
    By mortehoe in forum Christians Answer
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 22nd 2009, 04:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •