Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

Re: Attack on Jehovah’s Witnesses in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by JChesney View Post
    no, it's dubious logic. Jehovah's Witnesses were persecuted in Russia for understandable reasons, because in Russia they will not tolerate the confession that lead from the United States. Other denominations are not in danger in Russia. Do not believe anyone, everything is fine in Russia.
    Religious persecution is religious persecution. It doesn't matter if the party carrying it out has a nice excuse. "They're not really Christians anyway", or "The movement has leadership in the US", or "they're heathens anyways". or any other excuse that ignores the real problem.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

In the US, for example, the Communists are banned
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communist_Party_USA

http://www.cpusa.org (Established 1919)
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Religious persecution is religious persecution. It doesn't matter if the party carrying it out has a nice excuse. "They're not really Christians anyway", or "The movement has leadership in the US", or "they're heathens anyways". or any other excuse that ignores the real problem.
    Exactly. It is a very slippery slope to allow persecution to someone we don't agree with to before it comes our way. If the persecution is because "we don't agree with you" then eventually, someone will be in office that doesn't agree with us.

I would think after the direction the Democrats took the last 8 years, people here would be more sensative to any persecution. It could happen here at some point.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

Blog Entries

Well, you say such terrible things, this structure does not exist since the collapse of the USSR, why rush the past.
    You’re joking, right? Putin worked in the KGB and his actions betray your denial.

Quote Originally Posted by JChesney
    believe it or not, I do know about this.
    after your statement above, all I believe is that you are a propagandist for a corrupt regime.

Quote Originally Posted by JChesney
    in any country there are persecutions of dissidents, you might think that there are no persecutions in the US. In the US, for example, the Communists are banned, will we make a noise because of this, that in the USA are persecuting the Communists? Is it not infringed upon their rights? Let's worry.
    Rather ignorant statement. For one thing, Communism isn’t a religion. Secondly, being a Jehovah’s Witness doesn’t qualify as “being a dissident.”

Furthermore the Communist Party is alive and well and not persecuted in this country.

Thread Information