Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Doubt The Planetís Summers Are Turning Hotter?

Blog Entries

Re: Doubt The Planetís Summers Are Turning Hotter?

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    Where I live climate change is a fact since the year 2000 (or so). Every year new records. Last week we had a new record on the hottest night ever, almost 3 (!!) degrees hotter than the old record of 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow we will break a new record as the hottest month July ever.

To say our way of living has nothing to do with it ............ [self censor]
    Things seem out of wack, I concur. Why is the question.

All us, or ...?
    ďAĒ cannot be ďAĒ & not ďAĒ at the same time

It's hard to take the global warming alarmists seriously unless they live like the Amish.

Do people expect to be taken seriously when they complain about carbon emissions and then drive a car, pumping carbon dioxide into the atmosphere and dooming millions of brown people in third world nations to be flooded, for the sake of a bit of extra money for themselves in the here and now? How selfish can you get? Would you fire up the air conditioner in the summer, bringing yourself a little short-term comfort, at the price of rising water levels and crop failures? What about turning on the heat in the winter time, when you could just put extra layers on like they did in years gone by? Is it really so important to you to have a little comfort now even if it means damaging storms for someone else?

Of course the worst offenders are the high priests of this new global religion. You know the ones, the ones who warn us that rising oceans will wash away coastlines but then spend north of $10m on - er - ocean front property. I wonder why they would do such a thing. If rising oceans were the threat we're told they are you'd have thought they'd buy property several miles inland and wait to make a fortune when it became oceanfront property. Or they are the likes of a certain politician, quoted some years ago talking about how people might have to do without air conditioning as a way to save the planet. Of course he led by example and turned the air conditioning off in his office, didn't he?

Al gore one of the most vocal - spent 9 million on ocean view property in california just recently..... not sure how far away or how high up.

Quote Originally Posted by teddyv View Post
    I will make a comment:

Does anyone remember going to school in the 70's/early 80's,
    Late '70's and early '80's for myself.

I don't recall anything quite so dramatic myself.

Sure, there are cyclical elements to climate patterns. However I am not convinced it is good to simply dismiss it all out of hand.[/QUOTE]

Oh, nut they were telling us we were headed towards an ice age. I remember it.

I remember the talk being of a coming ice age too. That was in the very early 80s.

what gets me with the whole global warming brigade is that there are no observations that derail their religion. If we have a hot summer, it's because of climate change. A mild summer is because of climate change. A wet summer is because of climate change. A dry summer is because of climate change. Likewise in the winter if we get three feet of snow it's because of climate change but a mild winter is also because of climate change. A deep freeze is because of climate change, a wet winter is because of climate change, and so on. It clearly isn't a scientific process because if it were there would be a collection of observations that would confirm the theory and a collection of observations that would derail the theory. The lack of observations that derail the theory suggests very strongly it's more of a religion than a science.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    I remember the talk being of a coming ice age too. That was in the very early 80s.

what gets me with the whole global warming brigade is that there are no observations that derail their religion. If we have a hot summer, it's because of climate change. A mild summer is because of climate change. A wet summer is because of climate change. A dry summer is because of climate change. Likewise in the winter if we get three feet of snow it's because of climate change but a mild winter is also because of climate change. A deep freeze is because of climate change, a wet winter is because of climate change, and so on. It clearly isn't a scientific process because if it were there would be a collection of observations that would confirm the theory and a collection of observations that would derail the theory. The lack of observations that derail the theory suggests very strongly it's more of a religion than a science.
    I doubt the vast majority of scientists (those with proper knowledge) have it wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    (In my best singing voice)

Hey Jude that map is bad,
    Take that sad map and make it better,
    Remember to focus onto that part,
    then you can start to make it better

Cant focus out or focus in
    Hey Jude begin.....
    Nice. I'm going to You Tube for my Fab Four fix right now....
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

I doubt the vast majority of scientists (those with proper knowledge) have it wrong.
    If the vast majority of scientists could put their heads together and come up with one single observation that would disprove the theory it would be a lot more believable. As things stand all we get is endless commentary that shows every possible observation can be explained by climate change. That doesn't sound like good science to me.

It's reasonable to argue that year after year after year of steadily increasing temperatures supports the hypothesis that the earth is warming, even if it doesn't support any particular hypothesis as to why the earth is warming. If the warming takes a year off it doesn't necessarily disprove the hypothesis if the general trend is upwards. But if the hypothesis is considered to be validated by a warm summer, a hot summer and a mild summer; if it is validated by more rain than usual, by normal levels of rain and by less rain than usual; if it is validated by a very cold winter, by a normal winter and by a mild winter, the theory is so vague as to be useless.

How much of this is down to bad science and how much of it is down to typically left-leaning types seeking to hijack science for their own political propaganda is arguably a different matter.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I will make a comment:

Does anyone remember going to school in the 70's/early 80's, and being told we were heading towards a brutal Ice Age on a rocket sled? I surely do: and all it means is that weather events are cyclical.
    Yep. Global cooling was going to put us in a deep freeze.

I'm sure no one is alive to remember the heat wave of 1917 which makes Jude's map look like a day at the ice rink....

These end-timers must think we just ignore history

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    i remember summers in the 50's and it never got as hot as it's getting now...

Jude
    In 1998 it was over 100 degrees in my area for 3 weeks straight.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    Since the 1970's, there have been what are considered 47 major Volcanic eruptions (VEI of 4 or 5: 40. The other 7 were measured between 1-3, but caused signifant damage and debre ejections). Here are the amount of times in the decades they happened:

1970's: 4
    1980's: 11/12 (one erupted in December, then again in January of 1990)
    1990's: 7/8 (same thing happened in Dec/Jan)
    2000's: 11
    Since 2010: 12

So there have been 46 major eruptions since the 1970's started. Here is the definition of the VEI (from Wiki):

The Volcanic Explosivity Index (VEI) is a relative measure of the explosiveness of volcanic eruptions. It was devised by Chris Newhall of the United States Geological Survey and Stephen Self at the University of Hawaii in 1982.

Volume of products, eruption cloud height, and qualitative observations (using terms ranging from "gentle" to "mega-colossal") are used to determine the explosivity value. The scale is open-ended with the largest volcanoes in history given magnitude 8. A value of 0 is given for non-explosive eruptions, defined as less than 10,000 m3 (350,000 cu ft) of tephra ejected; and 8 representing a mega-colossal explosive eruption that can eject 1.0◊1012 m3 (240 cubic miles) of tephra and have a cloud column height of over 20 km (12 mi). The scale is logarithmic, with each interval on the scale representing a tenfold increase in observed ejecta criteria, with the exception of between VEI 0, VEI 1 and VEI 2.[1]

Now, there is a massive discussion among the scientists about the comparisons of CFC/CO2 etc with who/what is causing more pollution. And that is something I am not going to bother with. I have always looked at it from this perspective, found in Matthew 24:3-6. While I totally agree that clean water/air/etc is vital for all of us, I also see that between the volcanic activity, earthquakes (1970's: 29, 1980's: 37, 1990's: 45, 2000-2010: over 100, 2010-present: well over 100) is showing us that His time is closer now then it was even 50 years ago. I believe we SHOULD be good stewards of the earth: but I also believe that all of this is ordaned events that He is showing us so we know to always be ready for His return.
    In the last quarter of the 17th century there was a mini ice age. It produced weather that manifested in hail storms in which the hail was so large it killed cattle.

I wonder what the end timers would have said about that?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post
    My take is that Man has NO IDEA of the weather patterns over the last 6000 years (or 10,000, or millions if your into that sort of belief)...

We only have accurate patterns from hundreds of years. So for any man to say FOR SURE the earth will CONTINUE to get hotter and hotter because of our own emissions is ridiculous. On the other hand, the temperatures on the earth ARE getting hotter over the last 40 years. (With cool cycles.) BUT, this is expected according to scripture. t some point the entire earth is going to get so hot it will be scorched. This sounds like a GLOBAL heat problem to me:

Rev 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

So I think that if we have clear scripture that shows the earth being scorched by the Sun, why wouldn't the sun be prepared to do such a feat in our future. Those two verses tell me that over the next 10-50 years, the sun is going to start to get the attention of LOTS of scientists.

Do you think our Carbon emissions will create the issue of Rev 16:8-9? LOL!!!!!!!!

Side discussion: Why all of a sudden did NASA create a probe that can get real close to the Sun NOW? Isn't that convenient? Now the scientists will be able to tell for sure when the Sun is putting out more and more heat...
    I wonder what cause the global warming that allowed dinosaurs to roam the earth?

Fiat?
    Ford?

Blog Entries

The majority of scientist believed in the steady state theory and space contained "ether."

How did that work out for them?

Blog Entries

The Summer 1936 North American heat wave was one of the most severe heat waves in the modern history of North America. It took place in the middle of the Great Depression and Dust Bowl of the 1930s, and caused catastrophic human suffering and an enormous economic toll. The death toll exceeded 5,000, and huge numbers of crops were destroyed by the heat and lack of moisture. Many state and city record high temperatures set during the 1936 heat wave stood until the Summer 2012 North American heat wave. The 1936 heat wave followed one of the coldest winters on record.

The heat wave started in late June, when temperatures across the US exceeded 100 įF (38 įC). The Midwest experienced some of the highest June temperatures on record. Drought conditions worsened. In the Northeast, temperatures climbed to the mid 90s įF (around 35 įC). The South and West started to heat up also, and also experienced drought. The heat wave began to extend into Canada. Moderate to extreme drought covered the entire continent. The dry and exposed soil contributed directly to the heat as happens normally in desert areas as the extreme heat entered the air by radiation and direct contact.

July was the peak month, in which temperatures reached all-time record levels—many of which still stood as of 2012. In Steele, North Dakota, temperatures reached 121 įF (49 įC), which remains North Dakota's record. In Ohio, temperatures reached 110 įF (43 įC), which nearly tied the previous record set in 1934. The states of Texas, Oklahoma, Kansas, Arkansas, Minnesota, Michigan, North Dakota, South Dakota, Pennsylvania, Louisiana, Nebraska, Wisconsin, West Virginia, and New Jersey also experienced record high temperatures. The provinces of Ontario and Manitoba set still-standing record highs above 110 įF (43 įC). Chicago Midway airport recorded 100 įF (38 įC) or higher temperatures on 12 consecutive days from July 6–17, 1936. Later that summer in downstate Illinois, at Mount Vernon the temperature surpassed 100 įF (38 įC) for 18 days running from August 12–29, 1936.[3]

Some stations in the American Midwest reported minimum temperatures at or above 90 įF (32 įC) such as 91 įF (33 įC) at Lincoln, Nebraska on July 25, 1936; the next and most recent time this is known to have happened is a handful of 90 įF (32 įC) minimums during a similar heat wave in late June 1988 but far less intense than that of 1936. The highest nightly low temperature outside of the desert south-west was 94 įF (34 įC) at Atchison, Kansas during the heat wave of July 1934.

August was the warmest month on record for five states. Many experienced long stretches of daily maximum temperatures 100 įF (38 įC) or warmer. Drought conditions worsened in some locations. Some states were only slightly above average.

The heat wave and drought largely ended in September, though many states were still drier and warmer than average. Many farmers' summer harvests were destroyed. Grounds and lawns remained parched. Annual temperatures returned to normal in the fall.

As many as 5,000 heat related deaths were reported in the United States, and 780 direct and 400 indirect deaths in Canada. Many people suffered from heat stroke and heat exhaustion, particularly the elderly. Unlike today, air conditioning was in the early stages of development and was therefore absent from houses and commercial buildings. Many of the deaths occurred in high population density areas of Chicago, Detroit, St. Louis, Milwaukee, Cleveland, Toronto and other urban areas. Farmers across the continent saw crop failure, causing corn and wheat prices to rise quickly. Droughts and heat waves were common in the 1930s. The 1930s are remembered as the driest and warmest decade for the US (the Dust Bowl years) and the summer of 1936 was the most widespread and destructive heat wave to occur in the Americas in centuries.

Re: All-Time Heat Records Have Been Set All Over The World During The Past Week

Red-Hot Planet:All-Time Heat Records Have Been Set All Over The World During The Past Week

From the normally mild summer climes of Ireland, Scotland and Canada to the scorching Middle East to Southern California, numerous locations in the Northern Hemisphere have witnessed their hottest weather ever recorded over the past week.

Large areas of heat pressure or heat domes scattered around the hemisphere led to the sweltering temperatures. The Canadian Broadcasting Corporation reports the heat is to blame for at least 54 deaths in southern Quebec, mostly in and near Montreal, which endured record high temperatures.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f940803cad9f

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Re: All-Time Heat Records Have Been Set All Over The World During The Past Week

The last 2 weeks here have been abnormally cooler. Normally it's mid to high 90's for late July early August in Alabama. We've been seeing low to mid 90's and lower humidity lately. I'm not complaining.

Thread Information