Page 1 of 29 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Doubt The Planetís Summers Are Turning Hotter?

Doubt The Planetís Summers Are Turning Hotter?

Doubt The Planetís Summers Are Turning Hotter? Look At These Two Maps...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e69b2d5b669d

Jude
    You never have to advertise a fire. Everyone comes running when there's a fire. Likewise, if your church is on fire, you will not have to advertise it. The community will already know it.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Re: Doubt The Planetís Summers Are Turning Hotter?

(In my best singing voice)

Hey Jude that map is bad,
    Take that sad map and make it better,
    Remember to focus onto that part,
    then you can start to make it better

Cant focus out or focus in
    Hey Jude begin.....
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

I will make a comment:

Does anyone remember going to school in the 70's/early 80's, and being told we were heading towards a brutal Ice Age on a rocket sled? I surely do: and all it means is that weather events are cyclical.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

i remember summers in the 50's and it never got as hot as it's getting now...

Jude
    You never have to advertise a fire. Everyone comes running when there's a fire. Likewise, if your church is on fire, you will not have to advertise it. The community will already know it.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

I will make a comment:

Does anyone remember going to school in the 70's/early 80's,[/quote]Late '70's and early '80's for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    and being told we were heading towards a brutal Ice Age on a rocket sled? I surely do:
    I don't recall anything quite so dramatic myself.

and all it means is that weather events are cyclical.
    Sure, there are cyclical elements to climate patterns. However I am not convinced it is good to simply dismiss it all out of hand.
    Do not say, ďWhy were the old days better than these?Ē For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Doubt The Planetís Summers Are Turning Hotter? Look At These Two Maps...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.e69b2d5b669d

Jude

Jude, what do you think is happening with this weather change issue?

Things seem different globally, [ weather wise ] whatís your take on whatís happening?
    ďAĒ cannot be ďAĒ & not ďAĒ at the same time.

Blog Entries

Sure, there are cyclical elements to climate patterns. However I am not convinced it is good to simply dismiss it all out of hand.
    Since the 1970's, there have been what are considered 47 major Volcanic eruptions (VEI of 4 or 5: 40. The other 7 were measured between 1-3, but caused signifant damage and debre ejections). Here are the amount of times in the decades they happened:

1970's: 4
    1980's: 11/12 (one erupted in December, then again in January of 1990)
    1990's: 7/8 (same thing happened in Dec/Jan)
    2000's: 11
    Since 2010: 12

So there have been 46 major eruptions since the 1970's started. Here is the definition of the VEI (from Wiki):

The Volcanic Explosivity Index (VEI) is a relative measure of the explosiveness of volcanic eruptions. It was devised by Chris Newhall of the United States Geological Survey and Stephen Self at the University of Hawaii in 1982.

Volume of products, eruption cloud height, and qualitative observations (using terms ranging from "gentle" to "mega-colossal") are used to determine the explosivity value. The scale is open-ended with the largest volcanoes in history given magnitude 8. A value of 0 is given for non-explosive eruptions, defined as less than 10,000 m3 (350,000 cu ft) of tephra ejected; and 8 representing a mega-colossal explosive eruption that can eject 1.0◊1012 m3 (240 cubic miles) of tephra and have a cloud column height of over 20 km (12 mi). The scale is logarithmic, with each interval on the scale representing a tenfold increase in observed ejecta criteria, with the exception of between VEI 0, VEI 1 and VEI 2.[1]

Now, there is a massive discussion among the scientists about the comparisons of CFC/CO2 etc with who/what is causing more pollution. And that is something I am not going to bother with. I have always looked at it from this perspective, found in Matthew 24:3-6. While I totally agree that clean water/air/etc is vital for all of us, I also see that between the volcanic activity, earthquakes (1970's: 29, 1980's: 37, 1990's: 45, 2000-2010: over 100, 2010-present: well over 100) is showing us that His time is closer now then it was even 50 years ago. I believe we SHOULD be good stewards of the earth: but I also believe that all of this is ordaned events that He is showing us so we know to always be ready for His return.
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I have always looked at it from this perspective, found in Matthew 24:3-6. While I totally agree that clean water/air/etc is vital for all of us, I also see that between the volcanic activity, earthquakes (1970's: 29, 1980's: 37, 1990's: 45, 2000-2010: over 100, 2010-present: well over 100) is showing us that His time is closer now then it was even 50 years ago. I believe we SHOULD be good stewards of the earth: but I also believe that all of this is ordaned events that He is showing us so we know to always be ready for His return.
    Regarding the earthquake stats, I have looked at those direct from USGS/ANSS and I am not convinced there is anything unusual there. RevLogos, a member here, though we don't see him much also looked at in detail and came away with the same position (I\m assuming his position has not changed).
    Do not say, ďWhy were the old days better than these?Ē For it is not wise to ask such questions.
    Ecc 7:10

John777 exists to me only in quoted form.

Blog Entries

My take is that Man has NO IDEA of the weather patterns over the last 6000 years (or 10,000, or millions if your into that sort of belief)...

We only have accurate patterns from hundreds of years. So for any man to say FOR SURE the earth will CONTINUE to get hotter and hotter because of our own emissions is ridiculous. On the other hand, the temperatures on the earth ARE getting hotter over the last 40 years. (With cool cycles.) BUT, this is expected according to scripture. t some point the entire earth is going to get so hot it will be scorched. This sounds like a GLOBAL heat problem to me:

Rev 16:8 And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun; and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire. 9 And men were scorched with great heat, and blasphemed the name of God, which hath power over these plagues: and they repented not to give him glory.

So I think that if we have clear scripture that shows the earth being scorched by the Sun, why wouldn't the sun be prepared to do such a feat in our future. Those two verses tell me that over the next 10-50 years, the sun is going to start to get the attention of LOTS of scientists.

Do you think our Carbon emissions will create the issue of Rev 16:8-9? LOL!!!!!!!!

Side discussion: Why all of a sudden did NASA create a probe that can get real close to the Sun NOW? Isn't that convenient? Now the scientists will be able to tell for sure when the Sun is putting out more and more heat...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post
    My take is that Man has NO IDEA of the weather patterns over the last 6000 years (or 10,000, or millions if your into that sort of belief)...

We only have accurate patterns from hundreds of years. So for any man to say FOR SURE the earth will CONTINUE to get hotter and hotter because of our own emissions is ridiculous.
    Amen.

Conjecture at the best going back that far back.

Blog Entries

Where I live climate change is a fact since the year 2000 (or so). Every year new records. Last week we had a new record on the hottest night ever, almost 3 (!!) degrees hotter than the old record of 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow we will break a new record as the hottest month July ever.

To say our way of living has nothing to do with it ............ [self censor]

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    Where I live climate change is a fact since the year 2000 (or so). Every year new records. Last week we had a new record on the hottest night ever, almost 3 (!!) degrees hotter than the old record of 2004. I wouldn't be surprised if tomorrow we will break a new record as the hottest month July ever.

To say our way of living has nothing to do with it ............ [self censor]

So what would you say ProD ...that our way of life is on a scale of 1-10 causing the climate change ? One being next to nothing and 10, total.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    So what would you say ProD ...that our way of life is on a scale of 1-10 causing the climate change ? One being next to nothing and 10, total.
    If only 10% of what the vast majority of scientists say about the matter is true the planet should take it seriously. Bad new for the anti-globalists

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    If only 10% of what the vast majority of scientists say about the matter is true the planet should take it seriously. Bad new for the anti-globalists
    I concur wholeheartly that we are living wrongly-globally. We are killing the planet in many ways, this is our collective sin.

But the whole msm climate change narrative is....well, missing the forest for the trees.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    I concur wholeheartly that we are living wrongly-globally. We are killing the planet in many ways, this is our collective sin.

But the whole msm climate change narrative is....well, missing the forest for the trees.
    Expound a bit ?

Thread Information