Thread: What's your favorite passage in Matthew?

Blog Entries

What's your favorite passage in Matthew?

I'm re-reading it just because I forget more then I remember. Lol
    "People do not drift toward holiness. Apart from grace-driven effort, people do not gravitate toward godliness, prayer, obedience to Scripture, faith, and delight in the Lord. We drift toward compromise and call it tolerance; We drift toward disobedience and call it freedom; We drift toward superstition and call it faith. We cherish the indiscipline of lost self-control and call it relaxation; we slouch toward prayerlessness and delude ourselves into thinking we have escaped legalism; we slide toward godlessness and convince ourselves we have been liberated?" - D A Carson

Re: What's your favorite passage in Matthew?

Matt 5:3 - 16

Matt 25:34 - 46
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Blog Entries

Great topic. I’ll have to come back tomorrow with an answer.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

“It is finished”

Blog Entries

Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life? (Matthew 6)
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Matthew 5:17-22.
    Special verse 17-18.

Today(it changes regularly) my favourite verse in Matthew would be...

Matthew 13:45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant in search of fine pearls; on finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it.

The fact that Jesus would put aside his position and glory and become a spectacle on earth, to purchase and redeem us the church/pearl a worthles speck of sand now valued so highly in God's sight, makes me wonder in awe and thankfulness at what Jesus did for me...

Blog Entries

Thank you all for contributing to this. All wonderful scriptures. Sorry I haven't been on here in a few days. Life threw me a loop. :/

Matthews 5:17-18....' Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but fulfill.
    For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one title shall in no wise pass from the law till all be fulfilled.

Blog Entries

Mat 14:32 And when they were come into the ship, the wind ceased.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Blog Entries

This is a no-brainer...

Mat 1:4* Ram begot Amminadab, Amminadab begot Nahshon, and Nahshon begot Salmon.

...Need I say more...?

Blog Entries

Second favorite verse:

Mat 21:18 Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered.

Hungry Jesus. WWJE?
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by moonglow View Post
    I'm re-reading it just because I forget more then I remember. Lol

My favorite:

Matt. 10:31 "Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows."
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

24.30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory."

Ditto the part where you say "I've forgotten more than some people know." I used to have the Olivet Discourse memorized. Those days are gone, brother!

But I have to say, that the longer I live in Christ, the more I seem to understand. PTL!

Quote Originally Posted by randyk View Post
    24.30 “Then will appear the sign of the Son of Man in heaven. And then all the peoples of the earth will mourn when they see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of heaven, with power and great glory."

Ditto the part where you say "I've forgotten more than some people know." I used to have the Olivet Discourse memorized. Those days are gone, brother!

But I have to say, that the longer I live in Christ, the more I seem to understand. PTL!
    Amen ….. I can relate
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Thread Information