Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You're welcome to say, "Hello" here :)

Smile You're welcome to say, "Hello" here :)

Thank you for coming in to say, Hi, back.

Blog Entries

Re: You're welcome to say, "Hello" here :)

Well hello there!

Welcome to Bible Forums.
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Thank you.

And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Blog Entries

Welcome, Blessed1amI.

I see that you have a post in Bible Study. Those automatically are hidden until the moderator of that forum opens them. After 30 days and 40 posts, you can ask the same questions in Controversial or Aeropagus section.

I'll go ahead and give you my answer here so you won't think we are ignoring you and having to wait for 30 days might seem a long time for an answer.

"There's no fear here of non-canonical books, only a dismissal.

The Nag Hammadi books, like other non-canonical literature posing as scriptures, have several issues: they are forgeries [meaning, like Enoch, are not written by whom they are claimed to be, they have complete contradictions to the Bible, and they have false teachings.

Pick one of the books of the NH and we can talk about it. You'd be shocked as to what's really in them."
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by jayne View Post
    Welcome, Blessed1amI.

I see that you have a post in Bible Study. Those automatically are hidden until the moderator of that forum opens them. After 30 days and 40 posts, you can ask the same questions in Controversial or Aeropagus section.

I'll go ahead and give you my answer here so you won't think we are ignoring you and having to wait for 30 days might seem a long time for an answer.

"There's no fear here of non-canonical books, only a dismissal.

The Nag Hammadi books, like other non-canonical literature posing as scriptures, have several issues: they are forgeries [meaning, like Enoch, are not written by whom they are claimed to be, they have complete contradictions to the Bible, and they have false teachings.

Pick one of the books of the NH and we can talk about it. You'd be shocked as to what's really in them."
    I did not know that about the waiting period.
    I should have read every information post in each forum so as to have known that. Thank you for sharing.

I recently was made aware of the gospel of Mary Magdalene. There's an audio excerpt of an audio-book on Amazon.

The Book of Enoch if I'm not mistaken is another of the NH books? That's kind of interesting in that Enoch is referenced in both Old and New Testaments. Topical Bible Search

Thank you again for the welcome and your input on the NH scriptures.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLESSED1AmI View Post
    I recently was made aware of the gospel of Mary Magdalene. There's an audio excerpt of an audio-book on Amazon.
    Blessed, the gospel of Mary [or Mary Magdalene] is one of those Gnostic "lost" gospels that teaches false things - one of the biggest teaching that there are two Gods - the creator God [not Jesus] and the Father God.

Here are some heretical teachings from the book of Mary [Magdalene]
    • Reincarnation of all humans taught by Christ - “And you mortals are partly his creations, in that he has fashioned the body from unclean foulness. 2 But your souls he has stolen from the Light-World of my Father. 3 With them he has imparted to your flesh bodies an appearance of life, which is but a shadow of the life you knew in the Pleroma of the Most High. 4 Here you abide in ignorance, never knowing either your origin or your destiny. 5 And for lack of that knowledge you perish and are reborn into new bodies time and again, so long as the way out be hidden from you. 6 And that is why the Father sent me into the world, in the likeness of your flesh, that I might make known these truths to you.”

There is absolutely nothing in that paragraph that can be reconciled with the Bible.

• The false teaching that Jesus died for the sake of beings without true spirits and that demonic powers delivered Christ. [I can barely type this nonsense] = gospel of Mary 5:1-7 - " Levi asked the Savior, “My Lord, what then of the sufferings you endured, and the death you died?” 2 And the Savior answered, “I suffered and I did not suffer. I died and I died not. 3 For all the designs of the evil Archons wrought was to free me of the shameful clothing of matter I had assumed for the sake of my sojourn in this world. 4 For long and long I bade you keep my identity secret, but the demon Powers knew, and finally they had me crucified. 5 But they did not suspect they would be the very cause of my deliverance. 6 And the reason I suffered these indignities was for the sake of those without true spirits, 7 that, being lifted up, I might draw them away from the Creator and bring them within the hearing of the News of me that you will proclaim. 8 Many of them shall be called, though few chosen.”

I could go through the whole small amount of pages that are still here today, but why?

It's nonsense and heresy. Please understand that.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Blog Entries

Welcome Blessed!

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Welcome aboard Blessed1Ami.

Hello and welcome to BibleForums!
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Thank you all for the warm welcomes.

Hi Blessed, I am just now catching up enough to welcome new members. Welcome to the forum.
    John 15:17 These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Hello, BLESSED1AmI and welcome to the forums.
    The Outlaw Bible Student – Studies on the Fringe of Christianity

A Different Kind of Christian Website

Thank you both. It's good to be here.

Hi everybody! Welcome!

Thread Information