Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Christian Man Facing Prison For Infiltrating Gay Pride Parade

Blog Entries

Re: Christian Man Facing Prison For Infiltrating Gay Pride Parade

Jude, allow me to debunk the "Jesuit oath" for you. Keep in mind that DECEPTIVE PRACTICES are not Biblical. As a Christian you should not engage in לָשׁוֹן הָרַע

This version of the Jesuit Oath you prefaced is the most popular of the two versions. Your version is cited due to the fact that it can be located in the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., Library of Congress Catalog Card # 66-43354. Anti-Catholics seem to believe that because it is found in the Library of Congress, that it is a credible document, but the citation below clearly states the reason the document is in the LoC is because it was a fraud used in a political campaign:

The Chester Republican is a local paper largely owned and controlled by Senator William C. Sproul, a Republican boss, and personal representative of Thomas S. Butler in Delaware County. On August 15, 1912, the West Chester Village Record published the following editorial:

“The Hon. Thomas S. Butler, the Republican nominee for Congress, was born and reared in the Society of Friends, and is proud of his Quaker ancestry. His opponent, Eugene C. Bonniwell, is a Roman Catholic.”

On August 28, 1912, the Chester Republican reprinted this editorial. Coincident with the two said editorials messengers in the employ of supporters of Thomas S. Butler traversed the district, having in their possession and circulating a blasphemous and infamous libel, a copy of which is hereto attached, pretended to be an oath of the Knights of Columbus, of which body the contestant [Bonniwell] is a member. So revolting are the terms of this document and so nauseating its pledges that the injury it did not merely to the contestant but also to the Knights of Columbus and to Catholics in general can hardly be measured in terms.

I charge that the circulation of this oath and the publication of the two editorials herein referred to were part of a conspiracy...for the purpose of arousing religious rancor and of defeating the Democratic nominee. The Constitution of the United States prohibits any religious test for office. The organization supporting Thomas S. Butler created such a test, blazed bigotry in the hearts and minds of the ignorant, and slandered and vilified a great body of honorable men.

I file no complaint because of adverse election returns. The Democracy of Pennsylvania is inured to adversity. Nor is this complaint registered because of defeat resultant upon faith or race. In these things I own a just pride and do not protest if, because of either, political honors are to be denied men. But when a calumnious, viperish attack upon either faith or race is launched, injecting religious bigotry into the political affairs of this Nation, then this protest is made in the certain confidence that all patriotic men, mindful of the religious as well as the political liberty that the forefathers designed should be our heritage, will rise and strike down the beneficiary of such a treacherous and dastardly movement.

For myself I make no appeal to your honorable body that I may be seated. ...This I do maintain, that this man, receiving his election under these not only in Pennsylvania, but in other States during political campaigns for many years. I had no knowledge whatever of it until it appeared here during the last campaign, and from a source I know nothing about. Two or three of my political advocates showed me copies of this paper, which they had received through the mails. I requested them to ascertain where other copies of it had been received and to have all of them destroyed. I apprehended with alarm the use of such a document in a political campaign, or at any other time.
    I do not believe in its truthfulness, and so stated my judgment concerning it on November 4, 1912 (as soon as complaint was made to me of its general circulation), through the columns of the West Chester Daily Local News ...

So what we have is a document anonymously circulated during a heated election campaign. Both sides disavowed its authenticity. It was included in a House Report summarizing an investigation of that election, because it was attached to a document submitted by one of the candidates. The Report was reprinted in the Congressional Record.

All in all, no sane person could conclude that this constitutes any sort of “authentication” of this document by Congress.
    The citation is H.R. Rep. No. 62-1523 (1913), reprinted in the Congressional Record for February 15, 1913, at pp. 3215-3220.
    Without a doubt this shows that neither Oath is credible. The Committee on Elections for the Congressional Record, states the following:

This committee cannot condemn too strongly the publication of the false and libelous article referred to in the paper of Mr. Bonniwell, and which was the spurious Knights of Columbus oath, a copy of which is appended to the paper. (H.R. Rep. No. 62-1523 (1913), reprinted in the Congressional Record for February 15, 1913, at p. 3221)
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    He needs to repent.
    He absolutely does. Anyone can claim to be doing something in the name of God - but it is up to Christians to be discerning and know them by their fruit. And on this occasion at least this guy's fruit stinks like a skunk.

Claiming it is God's work does not make it so.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Jude, allow me to debunk the "Jesuit oath" for you. Keep in mind that DECEPTIVE PRACTICES are not Biblical. As a Christian you should not engage in לָשׁוֹן הָרַע

This version of the Jesuit Oath you prefaced is the most popular of the two versions. Your version is cited due to the fact that it can be located in the Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., Library of Congress Catalog Card # 66-43354. Anti-Catholics seem to believe that because it is found in the Library of Congress, that it is a credible document, but the citation below clearly states the reason the document is in the LoC is because it was a fraud used in a political campaign:

The citation is H.R. Rep. No. 62-1523 (1913), reprinted in the Congressional Record for February 15, 1913, at pp. 3215-3220.
    Without a doubt this shows that neither Oath is credible. The Committee on Elections for the Congressional Record, states the following:

This committee cannot condemn too strongly the publication of the false and libelous article referred to in the paper of Mr. Bonniwell, and which was the spurious Knights of Columbus oath, a copy of which is appended to the paper. (H.R. Rep. No. 62-1523 (1913), reprinted in the Congressional Record for February 15, 1913, at p. 3221)
    Have you been trained at a Jesuit institution?

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

I count a massive amount of people in protest - a whopping 10, including cape-girl (and discounting the journalists). And what makes you think they are Christians? Are you omniscient? What if they are you favorite enemy from the local diocese?

In the eyes of the Bible his crime was deception. And a violation of Romans 13.

He needs to repent.
    Have you attempted to contact this group of people to get their side of the story they seem to be really upsetting you..

Jude
    If Jesus had preached the same message that ministers preach today, He would never have been crucified.

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    Have you attempted to contact this group of people to get their side of the story they seem to be really upsetting you..

Jude
    I think God is more upset than I could ever be when people deceive others in His Great Name.

Re:Sodom | As in the Days of Sodom & Gomorrah.

Sodom | As in the Days of Sodom & Gomorrah...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1k-WnwFeH2k

Jude

~ Leonard Ravenhill

Re: Sodom | As in the Days of Sodom & Gomorrah.

In the last days evil shall be called good and good shall be called evil.

When in doubt, throw out a verse from the bible.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    When in doubt, throw out a verse from the bible.

“............out of context”

There.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

“............out of context”

There.
    Yes, that. Thanks.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Have you been trained at a Jesuit institution?

Jude
    I’ve also been trained at a top secret government facility, by the Jedi, by the third order of the ring, and have credentials with the Pi nuon institute of Longhorn excrement studies (that is, separating facts from said excrement), and assigning to the high hill of dung - lies, innuendo, false information and hyperbole.

As to your fake post, I was entirely successuful in extracting fact from fiction - and noted that by congressional record the fake document you posted here was indeed fake.

Blog Entries

Jude
    I learned long ago not to accept testimony from a deceptive individual.

I'm so glad I don't live in Canada anymore. It's turning into quite a fascist state.
    https://youtu.be/_lXP8nm6qME

It's a shame Canada isn't a Democracy anymore.
    I wonder how many medical clinics have been shut down there? In order to stop them from disseminating information concerning sexually transmitted diseases that afflict the gay sexually active Canadian?

It's a hate crime in Canada to apprise sexually active gays that think they're entitled to parade their behaviors in front of Canadian children. Why isn't it a hate crime to parade and deliver the message that heterosexuality is wrong? Isn't that what a gay pride parade hopes to send as its message? One could easily say it is and make moves to stop the gay pride parade from happening in future.

Gay pride parades are advertising and a recruiting tool. How's that allowed anywhere?

Or, better yet just to watch the hypocrisy bandwagon load up, have a straight pride parade. Hold banners that inform of at risk sexual behavior and the consequent diseases that can occur, front and center in that parade.
    See what happens with that one. Screams of, "HOMOPHOBIC" , maybe?
    What a world.

Blog Entries

I reiterate - please consider the below.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I only got as far as reading about what he did at the gay parade.

Well- intentioned or not he and the others not only broke the law he and his group willfully used deception and out right lies unnecessarily. You can't spread the gospel through sin.
    That will only turn away the very people you're trying to reach.

In any case, he made his decisions and will face the consequences good or ill. He's not a victim of persecution he's a guy that tried to do some good but chose a very bad, and frankly idiotic, way to go about it.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I reiterate - please consider the below.
    Why? When it was uncharitable, judgmental, and ignorant, the first time we read it. You should get a handle on your self-righteous attitude that is a sin before trying to judge others from that place.

Thread Information