Thread: Saudi women, free to drive, kickstart Harley-Davidson bike chapter

Blog Entries

Saudi women, free to drive, kickstart Harley-Davidson bike chapter

Stand back Rolling Thunder!!!!!!

Saudi women, free to drive, kickstart Harley-Davidson bike chapter

RIYADH, Saudi Arabia – In a bit more than a month since women in Saudi Arabia won the historic right to drive, a group of them is headed out on the road on not four wheels, but two.

“We have been waiting a lifetime for this,” said Aliya, an enthusiastic 23-year-old student from Jeddah who is set on motorcycling. “Always watching my brothers ride. Now they’re teaching me.”

Five young women swathed in their mandatory black abayas meander excitedly through the Harley-Davidson store in the country’s capital of Riyadh, examining the line of classic motorcycles and skimpy Harley branded t-shirts – a concept that would have been unthinkable less than a year ago.

It is a welcome sight for all the all-male staff at the prominent motorcycle store, who say they can’t wait to see women revving and rolling through the Riyadh streets.

“This is for sure going to be growing, we already have had a large number of ladies asking about the training and asking to get a bike,” said Marwan Al-Mutlaq, trading manager at the Harley-Davidson Saudi flagship. “And we have already established the ‘Ladies of Harley’ Riyadh chapter, so they can go on their own group rides too.”

The chapter opened with eight founding female members - but they anticipate that number will soon burgeon. In preparation, the store has acquired a selection of protective gear and female-specific clothes, along with marketing posters featuring women alongside men on motorcycles, resembling any such retail location one might see in the West.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/08...e-chapter.html
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

Re: Saudi women, free to drive, kickstart Harley-Davidson bike chapter

I like smoke and lightning
    Heavy metal thunder!
    Racin' with the wind,
    And the feelin' that I'm under.

Yeah Darlin' go make it happen

I haven't ridden in many years myself but reading this put a big smile on my face. Good for them!
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    I like smoke and lightning
    Heavy metal thunder!
    Racin' with the wind,
    And the feelin' that I'm under.

Yeah Darlin' go make it happen

I haven't ridden in many years myself but reading this put a big smile on my face. Good for them!
    Anyone who doesn’t know that song is from Mars.

Or worse

Muslims riding Hogs....who’d have thunk it?
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

It is a welcome sight for all the all-male staff at the prominent motorcycle store
    "Can you explain what this foot switch is again, I forgot?"
    Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone.
    The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
    And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Ph 4

It's so nice that they have such progressive male owners.

The beautiful farm in the center of heaven!
    Blog Entries

Yeah! You go ladies! So happy for them. Prayers up for their safety and for lots of male support.
    Also so glad the men of that store are excited about this for them too. Way to go gentlemen of Riyadh! Thank you for your support!
    Don't seek too much knowledge. You just may be putting more weight on your shoulders than you're able to bare. Let God be the one to decide how quickly you grow.

Thread Information