Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Blessed Hope

Blog Entries

Re: The Blessed Hope

Quote Originally Posted by jeffweeder View Post
    What flesh?
    He who has seen Jesus has seen the Father. He who sees Jesus coming again in great power and glory sees the Father coming in all his glory.
    He comes again after being caught up to the Fathers right hand preparing a place for us in Gods house. He will come to receive us so that we may follow him there.

You make it sound like that Father wont be at home when Jesus comes to receive us and fulfill his promise.....see post 2.....,

Just as Jesus was caught up to the Father, so will those who believe in him at his second coming.

John
    Now before the Feast of the Passover, Jesus knowing that His hour had come that He would
    depart out of this world to the Father,
    having loved His own who were in the world, He loved them to the end.

33 Little children, I am with you a little while longer. You will seek Me; and as I said to the Jews, now I also say to you, ‘Where I am going, you cannot come.’

36 Simon Peter *said to Him, “Lord, where are You going?” Jesus answered, “Where I go, you cannot follow Me now;
    but you will follow later.”

We are going to follow Jesus to the Father.

John 14
    “Do not let your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. 2 In My Father’s house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. 3 If I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself, that where I am, there you may be also.
    It's all about semantics. Seeing Jesus is the same as seeing God because they are the same. Yet they still retain their individualities as part of the Trinity. So when the scriptures say that Jesus will return again in glory, it doesn't mean that the Godhead is also coming in tow.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    The more I look at these disagreements, the clearer it becomes that there was never, from the beginning of this world, to the end of it, a time when Jesus wasn't reigning over his creation.

LAMED. For ever, O LORD, thy word is settled in heaven. Psa.119:89

The Father won't dwell here? The Father is already dwelling here.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. Jn.14:23
    So both Jesus and God are NOW reigning on earth? Where is their throne?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    Christ reigns now over the heavens and the earth, that you cannot see a metal or wooden throne with a comfy pillow is irrelevant to the truth of Jesus' present reign.

Luke 1:33 "thou shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end"

Jesus said, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth" Matt 28

Eph 1 "when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in' this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under his feet"

Luke 17:20 "Jesus answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

I am sorry Trivalee, to see you are still trying to convince these Amill believers that scripture says what it really does. They will paste walls of scripture and commentaries completely off subject. They trace their roots all the way back to many of the Protestant reformers. People have been deceived with 1700 years of antichrist misinformation. I won't stay and argue with them. It is like trying to climb out of a mudhole.
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

See Mt.5:34-35, Isa.66:1. See also Isa.14:27, Isa.55:11.

You see my friend, they mistook the meekness of Jesus for weakness, believing they were ruling over him, while in reality, he was defeating Satan who was trying to control him. He crushed the powers of darkness.

And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it (that is, in the cross). Col.2:15

Heh...like the Word of God could ever be ruled over by anyone.

So when the scriptures say that Jesus will return again in glory, it doesn't mean that the Godhead is also coming in tow.
    unless the scriptures say the glory of our great God appears along with his glory when he comes.

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Purified enough to come before the Fathers glory at his coming totally redeemed and restored never to leave again.
    And those castles made of sand....fall into the sea......eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR="#006400"] I won't stay and argue with them.
    Promise? …………………………….

Blog Entries

unless the scriptures say the glory of our great God appears along with his glory when he comes.

11 For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation to all men, 12 instructing us to deny ungodliness and worldly desires and to live sensibly, righteously and godly in the present age, 13 looking for the blessed hope and the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior, Christ Jesus, 14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.

Purified enough to come before the Fathers glory at his coming totally redeemed and restored never to leave again.
    Yes, Jesus will come in the glory of the Father. But God himself will be in heaven when he Jesus returns. There's a difference.

Yes, Jesus will come in the glory of the Father. But God himself will be in heaven when he Jesus returns. There's a difference.
    'God the Father' has no body, is not 'limited' to one location, rather is Omniprescent.
    Jesus is also Omnipresent, being 100% fully YHVH; but also can manifest physically in a specific location because he took upon Himself a second nature, that of a man.

To limit the Father to a single locatin only, is showing a lack of understanding of the nature and attributes of YHVH.

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Christ reigns now over the heavens and the earth, that you cannot see a metal or wooden throne with a comfy pillow is irrelevant to the truth of Jesus' present reign.

Luke 1:33 "thou shalt call his name Jesus. He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: and he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end"

Jesus said, "All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth" Matt 28

Eph 1 "when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in' this world, but also in that which is to come: and hath put all things under his feet"

Luke 17:20 "Jesus answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."

Sure God is in ultimate control, but despite God's occasional intervention and direct rulership over the church, God respects freewill.

Mankind was given earth, yet rebelled, and earth has remained in rebellion in the hands of mankind (except for the church). We can see by the evil in the world that God restrains from taking full rule during this age.

So your argument is merely semantics, when we can all see that God does not rule this world, the world is an evil place , and Jesus will take full control only at the second coming. This is the obvious reality of the situation.

You quote scripture that Jesus is all powerful (of course he is) and rules over the church (of course he is our king, we are willing subjects). These truths do not conclude your case.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    So your argument is merely semantics, when we can all see that God does not rule this world, the world is an evil place , and Jesus will take full control only at the second coming. This is the obvious reality of the situation.
    The obvious reality is the power of the Gospel to save whosoever before the second coming. Repent now , or perish when he comes. Don't let him find you sleeping on it in anticipation of a further millennial period that can somehow save people through faith in what they see.

Blog Entries

The obvious reality is the power of the Gospel to save whosoever before the second coming. Repent now , or perish when he comes. Don't let him find you sleeping on it in anticipation of a further millennial period that can somehow save people through faith in what they see.

That pretty well sums it all up

You have changed the subject when we were discussing the progressive authority of Jesus.

Sure I agree with you, salvation is only for this age.

Quote Originally Posted by DurbanDude View Post
    You have changed the subject when we were discussing the progressive authority of Jesus.
    Not a fan of progressive authority of the Son of God. He has the authority to save whosoever has ever been born as he now possesses the keys of death and is the king of gracious redemption.

Sure I agree with you, salvation is only for this age.
    So a future 1000 years is a complete waste of time in the next age right.

If salvation is only for this age, what then of those who go into the millennial kingdom as mortals? Do they then not ever have a chance for redemption?
    Israel.... the Believer's insurance policy!

Thread Information