Page 1 of 14 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Christian baker vindicated by Supreme Court is back in court

Christian baker vindicated by Supreme Court is back in court

The Christian baker who refused to bake a wedding cake for a same-sex couple and was vindicated by the Supreme Court earlier this year is mounting another legal challenge this week after refusing to bake a gender-transitioning cake.
    I have no idea what a "gender transitioning cake" is. What I do know is that he's being persecuted for being a Christian.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Re: Christian baker vindicated by Supreme Court is back in court

This is, yet again, a clear case of targeted persecution and, yet again, a violation of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    I have no idea what a "gender transitioning cake" is.
    Oh, I'd say it's just something the lawyer in cahoots with the state of Colorado dreamed up as an excuse to go after the guy.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Or, he's using his faith in order to gain supreme court permission to discriminate as he see's fit. The goal then to push back civil rights 50 years.
    Sure, it can be said a transitioning person set off to challenge the rule of law concerning public accommodation for those in business serving the public.
    It can also be said that now that SCOTUS wrongly sided with Phillip's that Phillip's feels he has the law behind him from now on. The SCOTUS decision set the precedent for this. Why wouldn't Phillip's exploit that? He gets free publicity for his shop. And he see's himself as a crusader at the same time.

Blog Entries

Oh that's a sad thing for a Christian and an American to say.

Ask yourself this. Out of all of the bakers in Colorado why would the Colorado Civil Rights Division send a lawyer to this particular baker and demand that he do something that the SC just be ruled they can't demand him to do or persecute him over?

And you think somehow he's happy about this? That it's a "win" for him?
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BLESSED1AmI View Post
    Or, he's using his faith in order to gain supreme court permission to discriminate as he see's fit.
    No, in this case he's being specifically targeted by an LGBTQ+ group that's trying to force the issue. I actually don't blame either party here; the Supreme Court put off a real decision and so this bickering will continue until a more definite stance is made on a religious freedom. The lawsuits from both sides are strategic, straight out of the civil rights playbook from the segregation days. I think there will be a future ruling in favor of the "customer," but it won't be through a case out of Colorado, and certainly not from this rehashed garbage.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Or, he's using his faith in order to gain supreme court permission to discriminate as he see's fit. The goal then to push back civil rights 50 years.
    Sure, it can be said a transitioning person set off to challenge the rule of law concerning public accommodation for those in business serving the public.
    It can also be said that now that SCOTUS wrongly sided with Phillip's that Phillip's feels he has the law behind him from now on. The SCOTUS decision set the precedent for this. Why wouldn't Phillip's exploit that? He gets free publicity for his shop. And he see's himself as a crusader at the same time.
    Of course, because everybody just loves dragging a case through the courts. It's so much fun. I'm almost thinking of getting myself a camera just so I can fight gays in court when I don't want to photograph their weddings, just so I don't miss out on any of the fun.

How does a Christian running a private business according to his beliefs set back civil rights? This man/woman whatever he/she/it is can freely find another business willing to make such a cake.

He gets free publicity for his shop. And he see's himself as a crusader at the same time.
    The person getting free publicity is the one who, ignoring the thousands of other bakeries they could have gone to, specifically went to this shop knowing they would probably be refused.
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Apparently if I own a business and am asked to perform a service that is a sin for me, my civil rights don't matter.....
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

I was listening to the Briefing podcast by Al Mohler, president of Southern Baptist Theological Seminary. Horrible to listen to what’s happening to this guy. Yes, he’s targeted. Yes, this is persecution. Hold on folks. The current administration has only slowed this stuff down. It will progress. We and our kids have a bumpy ride in the future. I really hope I’m wrong.

In essentials, unity; in non-essentials, liberty; in all things, charity. - Rupertus Meldenius

Read your Bible and pray every single day. - Pastor Jon Courson

If your grace ain't greasier than a bucket full of chitlin's and gravy, you might be a legalist - an internet friend.

Blog Entries

Yes, this baker is being harassed and persecuted non stop. He is being asked to make cakes of satan, cakes in the shape of phallic's, horrible dehumanizing and demeaning callers.

What the heck does the state want from this guy? What are they going to do to force him to comply with the state? Burn him at the stake? What? This is state-sponsored terrorism.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Easy solution.

Stop business and become a church.

Accept donations and give free cake to members only.

Or maybe start carrying the filthy Samaritans to the hospital and pay for their care.

After all, they will know we are Christians by our cakes.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    Easy solution.

Stop business and become a church.

Accept donations and give free cake to members only.

Or maybe start carrying the filthy Samaritans to the hospital and pay for their care.

After all, they will know we are Christians by our cakes.
    Or just continue honoring God in our work rather than just in church. You know, the Samaritan didn't help out with the robbery. I mean, they will know us by how sinful we can be, by selling abortifcants and participating in abominable actions like gay "weddings" and such.

Sarcasm aside, Christians can love people without participating in their sin Rabbi and you know that. Your post is disingenous, IMO. Lots of people carry filthy "samaritans" to the hospital and pay for their care. And for "Jews" and "Christians", etc. etc. etc. without participating in the sins of those they love/care for.

Regardless, the US government doesn't have the constitutional right to force believers to run their business against their mainstream religious values.
    Matt 9:13
    13 "But go and learn what this means: ' I DESIRE COMPASSION,AND NOT SACRIFICE,' for I did not come to call the righteous, but sinners."
    NASU

I suspect that on the day of judgement God is going to push civil rights a lot further back. I also suspect God will side with the man who refused to partake in a so called wedding that God would not attend nor bake a cake for.

Let me ask you a question. Jesus was a carpenter and He served the public in that role. Had this transgender man come to Jesus and asked Jesus to make him a table celebrating this mans transition from a man to a woman, what do you think Jesus would have done? Would Jesus have said, well, I certainly want to protect civil rights and I certainly am in business serving the public, so sure, I will make you the table and never mind what my Father thinks of it all.

Answer me that if you are honest enough to do so. Or is this where our example to live by, Jesus, ends and the government takes over?

This cake maker will one day answer to God which will be final. I think he's trying to get that answer right in the here and now.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Mark View Post
    Christians can love people without participating in their sin...
    Baking a cake as a business isn't participation in anyone's sin, any more than flipping burger's at McDonald's for the groomsmen the morning of, is. (Mind you, we wouldn't compel an artist to accept a commission, so is cake baking an art, and would that sidestep an issue that is otherwise being shoehorned into a narrative it doesn't necessarily fit into?)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    Baking a cake as a business isn't participation in anyone's sin, any more than flipping burger's at McDonald's for the groomsmen the morning of, is. (Mind you, we wouldn't compel an artist to accept a commission, so is cake baking an art, and would that sidestep an issue that is otherwise being shoehorned into a narrative it doesn't necessarily fit into?)
    That’s the point. The baker isn’t refusing an off the shelf product.

And no one gets to dictate what conviction anyone should have about a matter. Already the state has ordered this person to a re-education “camp.” This isn’t Oceana.

Statement from the baker’s lawyer:

Even though Jack serves all customers and simply declines to create custom cakes that express messages or celebrate events in violation of his deeply held beliefs, the government is intent on destroying him – something the Supreme Court has already told it not to do,” she said. “Neither Jack nor any other creative professionals should be targeted by the government for living consistently with their religious beliefs.”

Thread Information