Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: "The server is too busy" error

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Re: "The server is too busy" error

Quote Originally Posted by Aijalon View Post
    Real Christians use PC's, that Apple symbol is of the Adversary!
    Real Christians are with Jesus in the clouds.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    Real Christians are with Jesus in the clouds.
    ... using Chrome.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by the rookie View Post
    I use Safari, and I have to say that I've never encountered this problem.
    I've used Firefox, Chrome, Edge & Safari on different devices and networks in the past. Now I'm home based and on the same network but still use different browsers depending on what device I'm using. Including Safari

Regardless - When the problem crops up it's the same across all of them. I honestly think it's area dependent based on server hops issue.

Someone in Texas, Cali or Co may never have a problem while those in the N.E. or certain parts of Canada & the EU will have it periodically. Then again that's a total and complete guess from someone whose has done a bit of Tech work and heard of similar issues with business sites.
    Information is sent to and from Africa via relay points/servers. If there's a glitch or hitch somewhere along the way traffic can be interrupted and the data unable to travel between the points until it's resolved either automatically or otherwise.

This could also be a software problem that's inherent in the code for VBulletin or Webnet77. I've never had any experience with either. I'd guess it's the former though.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

vBulletin sucks and the server needs tweaking, basically.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    vBulletin sucks and the server needs tweaking, basically.
    vBulletin and the server are different, yes? vBulletin 4.2.2 (2013 version?) is the software for the website, and the server host is...?
    As the "thief" in the night, Christ is going to suddenly appear on the throne of Israel - not the antichrist.

vBulletin and the server are different, yes? vBulletin 4.2.2 (2013 version?) is the software for the website, and the server host is...?
    Right: vBulletin is software that runs on the server, and the server is some kind of LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL, and PHP). Judging by the Webnet77 site I'd expect old versions of everything, which if that's the case, is probably a significant contributing cause, if not the cause.

It sounds like this is an issue with the number of incoming connections vBulletin, or the server, can handle. To address that you're looking first at adjusting the relevant vBulletin setting, if there is one, and then making sure the server stack is recent (e.g., Ubuntu 16.04 or equivalent, Apache 2.4.34, MySQL 5.6 or equivalent, PHP 7.2), and then possibly updating vBulletin to a new version if all else fails (might be required when updating PHP, if an older version is running, e.g. 5.6 or below).

That's up to whoever the lead forum tech/admin is. If this requires significant backend updates, and the issue is intermittent, then I can understand why it's being slowedly addressed(?).

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    I get it more or less every day. Today I lost a post that I really can't be bothered to retype. I'm verging on givng up on the site, half the time when I want to get on it won't let me on.
    losing a post or ten is basically the price of admission, until...

on a good long post, it is either dumped in Word or copied before posting. usually i 'select all and copy' before sending my post. when a post is a lot of work ms Word comes to the rescue, it is very good for dumping about everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    It's probably a sign of the end times.
    probably. and i note whenever my posts hit hard at the xxxx or enlighten regarding the end times i have a Lot more difficulty posting. when it gets Too Easy, well i must be Compromising someplace and need to look over my Words to see if i am losing my edge.

Can we all see if this works? Is it a browser or cache issue? Is it common on firefox? I'm on Firefox 61.0.2.

This has only been an issue for me since maybe May of this year off and on.
    i don't think it is the Browser.

i use 4 different browsers and they all fail at the same time. firefox is one of them, makes No Difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post

It is what it is I guess. I'm thankful for the times I can log on and post. When I can't? I just do other things until I can. There's nothing I can do about it on my end so there's no sense in my worrying over it.
    actually it is a Forum Feature and a Blessing for me.

when the Forum goes down, well it is time to walk away from the Computer and do something Productive.

did i mention Bicycling and Gardening?

or i can write responses in MS Word and wait,...not so productive.
    Last edited by John777; Aug 25th 2018 at 06:31 PM. Reason: cleaned up unaffiliated info
    Welcome to The Cutting Edge...
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]." [Daniel 12:10b]

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

*** MOD NOTE ***

This thread WILL NOT become a conspiracy theory playground.

Clear?
    "He's wild, you know. Not like a tame lion."
    C.S. Lewis, "The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

"Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years"
    "Sometimes the sky rains night after night, When will it clear?"

"But our Hope endures the worst of conditions"
    "It's more than our optimism, Let the earth quake"
    "Our Hope is unchanged"
    "Our Hope Endures" Natalie Grant

Blog Entries

I use Mac’s, IPad, IPhone at home and PC based at work. All have succumbed to the “server busy” message
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Blog Entries

I use PC's, IPad, Android phone and a couple of other devices on more than one network. All have had the error. It is most certainly NOT a device or browser issue.

Athanasius most likely has far more training and experience on this kind of thing than I do due to his job. - Though as I wrote earlier I do have some experience myself.

I'd take his word for it instead of searching in the dark or wondering.
    Day by day
    Oh Dear Lord
    Three things I pray
    To see thee more clearly
    Love thee more dearly
    Follow thee more nearly
    Day by day

Blog Entries

This has fixed the issue for other vBulletin servers. It requires root access to the shell so we may have to wait until a sysadmin (not a forum admin) has time to resolve it.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=314001
    2 Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers.

Thread Information