Pride disguises itself as many things and we are not able to discern it apart from God's light. I want to share with you where I found it hiding in my life and give some Bible examples.

Pride can disguise itself as ambition (a strong drive for advancement or success).

Isa 14:12-16 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.

According to Eze 28:13-19 Lucifer was the most beautiful creature God created and probably had the most important job in heaven. He was the anointed cherub that covered God's throne, but after a time that wasn't enough. He decided he should be equal to The Most High God, his Creator. A warning for those who desire leadership in the church is found in 1 Tim 3:6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil. It's only by spiritual growth through a practical application of God's Word and an intimate fellowship with God that we will escape the condemnation of the devil. Ambition is often applauded even in Christian circles, but its motivation is usually pride. Jesus' disciples sometimes concerned themselves with who should be the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. Jesus told them the one who would be the greatest would be the one who became the greatest servant. Ambition is just another way pride hides itself because people love darkness rather than light.