Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have you considered why the Beast gathers the armies in Rev 16:15

Blog Entries

Have you considered why the Beast gathers the armies in Rev 16:15

My thought is that in Rev 16:12 the River Euphrates is dried up for the kings of the East, yet these are not coming under the call of the Beast. It seems they are coming to do battle with the Beast. Due to this army approaching the Beast sends out the call to everyone to fight against these kings. The meeting point seems to be Meggiddo and it is on this plain when Jesus comes and defeats the Beast.
    Now if this reading of the order is correct, then it also suggests that the Kings of the East may be nations who seek to overthrow the Beast as they have been through the vials and seen that the Beast is not God. IOW his kingdom is divided and will soon fall.

Thoughts please.

Blog Entries

Re: Have you considered why the Beast gathers the armies in Rev 16:15

Quote Originally Posted by ForHisglory View Post
    My thought is that in Rev 16:12 the River Euphrates is dried up for the kings of the East, yet these are not coming under the call of the Beast. It seems they are coming to do battle with the Beast. Due to this army approaching the Beast sends out the call to everyone to fight against these kings. The meeting point seems to be Meggiddo and it is on this plain when Jesus comes and defeats the Beast.
    Now if this reading of the order is correct, then it also suggests that the Kings of the East may be nations who seek to overthrow the Beast as they have been through the vials and seen that the Beast is not God. IOW his kingdom is divided and will soon fall.

Thoughts please.
    Of course his (the beast's) kingdom is divided as we can see for example in Daniel 10:20. So this makes it for us certain that the New World Order as envisioned by our politicians will never work. The kings of the east are against the beast for they do not want to subject themselves — and probably desire world dominion themselves — they will go and fight him. This is stopped by the three unclean spirits of Rev. 16:13 which are demonic spirits. They will be temped by these spirits, to go and fight the Lord in Armageddon.

Aristarkos

Thoughts please.
    It seems that the gathering of the armies for Armageddon is in unity. Revelation 16:13-14 says;

13 "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
    14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty"

The gathering of the armies of "the kings" AND "of the WHOLE earth" is a result of a combined call of;
    • The Dragon
    • The Beast
    • The False Prophet
    • The Frogs or Unclean Spirits

Provocateur is probably Jewish resistance. The Two Witnesses have been testifying for the duration of the Tribulation. The Remnant have refused the Beast and will be admonishing everybody that they break the Law by allowing a Gentile king, and by allowing an idol effigy in the Holy of Holies. Resistance to the Beast is growing, or so it seems in Hosea 1:11; "Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel."

Much more, the answer to the "gathering" of the world's armies is that it is of God so that He can consolidate His kingdom with ONE BLOW.
    Zephaniah 3:8; "Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy."
    Zechariah 12:3; "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Walls View Post
    It seems that the gathering of the armies for Armageddon is in unity. Revelation 16:13-14 says;

13 "And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
    14 For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles, which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty"

The gathering of the armies of "the kings" AND "of the WHOLE earth" is a result of a combined call of;
    • The Dragon
    • The Beast
    • The False Prophet
    • The Frogs or Unclean Spirits

Provocateur is probably Jewish resistance. The Two Witnesses have been testifying for the duration of the Tribulation. The Remnant have refused the Beast and will be admonishing everybody that they break the Law by allowing a Gentile king, and by allowing an idol effigy in the Holy of Holies. Resistance to the Beast is growing, or so it seems in Hosea 1:11; "Then shall the children of Judah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselves one head, and they shall come up out of the land: for great shall be the day of Jezreel."

Much more, the answer to the "gathering" of the world's armies is that it is of God so that He can consolidate His kingdom with ONE BLOW.
    Zephaniah 3:8; "Therefore wait ye upon me, saith the LORD, until the day that I rise up to the prey: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdoms, to pour upon them mine indignation, even all my fierce anger: for all the earth shall be devoured with the fire of my jealousy."
    Zechariah 12:3; "And in that day will I make Jerusalem a burdensome stone for all people: all that burden themselves with it shall be cut in pieces, though all the people of the earth be gathered together against it."
    Hi Walls,
    You seem to have missed my point that the Kings from the East is BEFORE verse 13. So are they included within the kings of verse 14? The structure of what is seen and stated is otherwise.There is no Jewish resistance, as those who remained were killed, only those who fled into the wilderness survived, and they are there for the duration of 1260 days.

Hi Walls,
    You seem to have missed my point that the Kings from the East is BEFORE verse 13. So are they included within the kings of verse 14? The structure of what is seen and stated is otherwise.There is no Jewish resistance, as those who remained were killed, only those who fled into the wilderness survived, and they are there for the duration of 1260 days.
    OK. I might have missed your point, but what do you think of my argument?

I agree that the slaughter of Jews will be great, but what think ye of the 144,000 of the Tribes of Israel who are "sealed" so that the effects of the Great Tribulation don't hurt them (Rev.7:1-8). And there is another hint that there is a building resistance. In Revelation 11:13, which has as its setting Jerusalem, "And the same hour was there a great earthquake, and the tenth part of the city fell, and in the earthquake were slain of men seven thousand: and the remnant were affrighted, and gave glory to the God of heaven." This will certainly infuriate the Beast who has commanded all worship towards himself. In Revelation 13:12 it is, "And he (the Second Beast) exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed."

Finally, there is direct proof that Jews will survive the Great Tribulation. In Revelation 1:7 it is, "Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen." A group of those that mourn are the same group accused of "piercing Him", and they will be witness to His Coming from the clouds.

But anyway, it was a good point you brought for discussion. It is great to swap ideas (and scriptures I hope).

Thoughts please.
    If i remember your understanding of things, you believe [as I do] that Zech 14 is not the battle of Armageddon, but takes place at the time of the great tribulation. The resulting outcome, at that time will be a scattering of the children of Israel and Jerusalem. The Assyrian will wreak havoc on the land of Israel. This will be his mindset:

*[[Isa 10:14]] KJV* And my hand hath found as a nest the riches of the people: and as one gathereth eggs that are left, have I gathered all the earth; and there was none that moved the wing, or opened the mouth, or peeped.

All of the world, and especially the children of Israel, will be ejected from their land having great fear. Fear is found in the absence of faith. [When the son of man cometh, shall he find faith? Luke 18:8]

In the process of time leading from there to Armageddon, God will remove their fear, and give them unfailing faith. When the spies returned to Moses, the hearts were full of fear, and it kept them out of the land for nigh unto 40 years. The same principle and [attempted] elements of fear will be at work when the beast summons the kings of the east. Except things will be different this time. At this time:

*[[Eze 29:21]] KJV* In that day will I cause the horn of the house of Israel to bud forth, and I will give thee the opening of the mouth in the midst of them; and they shall know that I am the LORD.

*[[Mic 4:13]] KJV* Arise and thresh, O daughter of Zion: for I will make thine horn iron, and I will make thy hoofs brass: and thou shalt beat in pieces many people: and I will consecrate their gain unto the LORD, and their substance unto the Lord of the whole earth.

Micah 4 speaks of sending the daughter of Zion to Babylon for her soon coming day of redemption. Her feet of brass symbolizes unwavering courage. And her horn or iron will be the proclamation of her heart - When they will proclaim, like unto David unto her enemies, "I come to you IN THE NAME OF THE LORD". The children of Israel, at that time will possess unwavering, unshakeable faith. God shook the heavens and the earth (at the time of the G.T.) so that those things that can't be shaken, might remain(Heb 12:26-27). It has come the time for Israel's final and ultimate test. The beast will summon the mighty giants of the east. And yes, it will take a deceiving spirit(s) to convince them to fight WITH him, instead of against him. God has spent his time bringing to the surface, manifesting the evil desires of men's hearts, against God, his holy city, and his holy people. That is another matter in itself, but they will be brought against his people, who are now ready to "face the giants". The hand of the Lord will be with them and against all of her enemies.

Blessings
    The PuP

Blog Entries

Thoughts please.
    I think that if you tie this to chapter 13, 17 & 19 you will see that your line of thought is wrong

Rev 16:10-11
    10 The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and its kingdom was plunged into darkness. People gnawed their tongues in agony 11 and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done.

I think that this goes with

Rev 13:1-4
    The dragon[a] stood on the shore of the sea. And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. It had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on its horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. 2 The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority. 3 One of the heads of the beast seemed to have had a fatal wound, but the fatal wound had been healed. The whole world was filled with wonder and followed the beast. 4 People worshiped the dragon because he had given authority to the beast, and they also worshiped the beast and asked, “Who is like the beast? Who can wage war against it?”

So the beast is given its power by satan and I see the beast throne plunged into darkness the same event as the fatal wound but that fatal wound was healed. It also states that the whole world followed the beast so they are not against the beast

Then we read

Rev 16:12-14
    12 The sixth angel poured out his bowl on the great river Euphrates, and its water was dried up to prepare the way for the kings from the East. 13 Then I saw three impure spirits that looked like frogs; they came out of the mouth of the dragon, out of the mouth of the beast and out of the mouth of the false prophet. 14 They are demonic spirits that perform signs, and they go out to the kings of the whole world, to gather them for the battle on the great day of God Almighty.

I see the three impure spirits as satan influencing the kings to join forces with the beast in war

Now I see the above verses the same as the verses below

Rev 17:12-17
    12 “The ten horns you saw are ten kings who have not yet received a kingdom, but who for one hour will receive authority as kings along with the beast. 13 They have one purpose and will give their power and authority to the beast. 14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

15 Then the angel said to me, “The waters you saw, where the prostitute sits, are peoples, multitudes, nations and languages. 16 The beast and the ten horns you saw will hate the prostitute. They will bring her to ruin and leave her naked; they will eat her flesh and burn her with fire. 17 For God has put it into their hearts to accomplish his purpose by agreeing to hand over to the beast their royal authority, until God’s words are fulfilled.

In rev 17 above we see that the kings are working with the beast they receive power but their purpose of this power is to give it to the beast so he can destroy Babylon the great or the great prostitute. In their own evil way they are doing evil and working with the beast but God is always in control as what they are doing is for Gods will and purpose.

Now over to

rev 19:19-21
    19 Then I saw the beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage war against the rider on the horse and his army. 20 But the beast was captured, and with it the false prophet who had performed the signs on its behalf. With these signs he had deluded those who had received the mark of the beast and worshiped its image. The two of them were thrown alive into the fiery lake of burning sulfur. 21 The rest were killed with the sword coming out of the mouth of the rider on the horse, and all the birds gorged themselves on their flesh.

Rev 19 is right after chapter 18 after Babylon the great was destroyed by the beast and the kings. Now they have fulfilled Gods purpose and now God judges them as we saw that Jesus will triumph over them in chapter 17.

Thoughts please.
    Correct, the beast is established in Israel. In Matthew 24:24 Jesus warns of false Messiah's at the end. It is a powerful Jewish conqueror who rules Israel and the surrounding countries. His kingdom is invaded from the North and the East. Both armies oppose Jesus.

Blog Entries

Now for my interpretation of my above post.

I know that you may not agree with me but please hear me out and see how this seams to fit history. Even if you don't agree with my interpretation what I presented in the post above still makes sense

The beast----------A powerful demon influencing Rome in the first century and its leaders (Daniel chapter 10 mentions angles and demons being leaders over nations).

The beast fatal wound------------Rome fell into civil war after Nero died and almost collapsed the historian Taticus writes about this

The beast fatal wound healed------Only after Vespasian seized the throne did the empire revive

The false prophet-----------A demon influencing apostate Israel who had the people reject and kill their Messiah and pointed them to declare that they have no king but Cesar. A true false prophet would have to come from the people of the true prophets.

The 10 kings-------demons influencing nations and their leaders. Satan gives the beast his authority by ordering these demons to give their power to the beast and Rome was made up of many defeated nations to become a great empire

The great prostitute or Babylon the great----------------Jerusalem who has been called a prostitute by God and other prophets. Rome did destroy Jerusalem in 70AD and Rome did it in her own evil way but it was for Gods purpose as God is always in control. Titus and Vespasian had to come to power to complete this mission. The historian Josephus speaks of many different nations being apart of Romes army against Jerusalem

Defeat of the beast the false prophet and kings------------After Jerusalem was destroyed Gods use for the demonic beast was done and this beast was judged by God along with the false prophet and the kings. This is showing a symbolic defeat of Jesus over all of His enemies including Rome and apostate Israel.

Could all of this just be an coincidence?
    Last edited by marty fox; Sep 2nd 2018 at 06:47 AM. Reason: line added

Thoughts please.
    I think you may be right. While you were away, I was asking questions looking into the same question. I don't really have a clear answer yet.

I can tell you that what I did conclude was, the Battle of Armageddon is not a battle in which people on earth aim their arrows into the sky and try to shoot Jesus down off a cloud! Some people, I think, actually believe that!

No, I think the Battle is actually a real battle, and will be a battle between two opposing groups--just like WW1 and WW2. I think the Beast will be centered in Europe, while the kings of the East will cross the Euphrates from Islamic groups. I have no clue whether it will include China? I just know the Euphrates is in the region of Iraq and Iran, and so will likely include an invasion of Islamic powers into Israel.

This will probably involve the entire world in one way or another. What side China will take, I don't know? It could even include several different coalitions, but historically, there has been side A and side B. On what side Israel falls I don't know either.

Since the Beast is fighting Christ, I have to assume that one side has a particular Christian stake in the Battle? Perhaps Christ is siding with Israel, or with Christianity in general, which is being persecuted by the Beast? Or perhaps even Christian nations, like the US, will oppose Antichristian Europe?

I have more questions than answers. So I'd be happy to hear your eventual take on it, as well as any other answers you get here.

Thoughts please.
    I'm not sure of all these symbols, but I am sure the "beast" was defeated when this world failed to end the life of Jesus and this beast is defeated by
    faith in our Lord.

For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith. 1Jn.5:4

As I understand it, in other prophecies, one apocryphal, the world hears the Voice Of The Seventh Angel and the Armies of the beast retreat from engagements all over the world to defend Jerusalem, which is under their control.
    JER 14:13 Then said I: 'Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them: Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.'
    JER 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me: 'The prophets prophesy lies in My name; I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spoke I unto them; they prophesy unto you a lying vision, and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their own heart.

Blog Entries

Does anyone see the point that most of revelation must of happened within the first century?

At the start of the church would of been the time that Satan would of had the beast and the false prophet try to whipe out the church.

That would of been the perfect time to send the false prophet to deceive the Jews and have them reject and kill their messiah

That would of also been the perfect time to have the beast try and whipe out the Jews

Satan threw all that he had at trying to whipe out the churches it’s beginning first through the Jews and then through Rome but just like Jesus said even the gates of hell wouldn’t over come the church and it is still going today and just like post #7 and #9 show most of the events in revelation seam to match history

Quote Originally Posted by marty fox View Post
    Does anyone see the point that most of revelation must of happened within the first century?

At the start of the church would of been the time that Satan would of had the beast and the false prophet try to whipe out the church.

That would of been the perfect time to send the false prophet to deceive the Jews and have them reject and kill their messiah

That would of also been the perfect time to have the beast try and whipe out the Jews

Satan threw all that he had at trying to whipe out the churches it’s beginning first through the Jews and then through Rome but just like Jesus said even the gates of hell wouldn’t over come the church and it is still going today and just like post #7 and #9 show most of the events in revelation seam to match history
    Daniel was told to seal up his prophecy until the time of the end.
    John was told not to seal up his prophecy because the time is at hand.

Peter said...14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all [ye] that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is [but] the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

(Then he quotes Joel)

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Then how about Mystery Babylon...

Rev 18:24 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

What is the testimony of Jesus regarding the blood of the prophets?

(Matt 23:29-36) 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

To try and keep it short, read again where John says "Little children it is the last hour". Notice that John not only is telling them it is the last hour, but he also gives the reason why they know it is the last hour. I think this is a very interesting verse, which (in my mind) is the revealing of the anti-christ. Why we wait today for something to be revealed, which was revealed a very long time ago and spelled out for us by John, is mind boggling.

I certainly don't have many of the answers, but I'm trying to go by what the book says. Much of what people are trying to teach me seems to run contrary to what I read. Sometimes, when I read at night, I come across something that seems to go against what I was taught that very day. Either I've gone crazy, or something really weird is going on. Obviously, I have much study to do yet and I'm trying, but I'm afraid that my family (who are really trying to help) do not let the Bible speak for itself

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Quote Originally Posted by Shimatoree66 View Post
    Daniel was told to seal up his prophecy until the time of the end.
    John was told not to seal up his prophecy because the time is at hand.

Peter said...14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all [ye] that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words: 15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is [but] the third hour of the day. 16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

(Then he quotes Joel)

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

Then how about Mystery Babylon...

Rev 18:24 24 And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

What is the testimony of Jesus regarding the blood of the prophets?

(Matt 23:29-36) 29 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! because ye build the tombs of the prophets, and garnish the sepulchres of the righteous, 30 And say, If we had been in the days of our fathers, we would not have been partakers with them in the blood of the prophets. 31 Wherefore ye be witnesses unto yourselves, that ye are the children of them which killed the prophets. 32 Fill ye up then the measure of your fathers. 33 [Ye] serpents, [ye] generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

34 Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and [some] of them ye shall kill and crucify; and [some] of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute [them] from city to city: 35 That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. 36 Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation.

To try and keep it short, read again where John says "Little children it is the last hour". Notice that John not only is telling them it is the last hour, but he also gives the reason why they know it is the last hour. I think this is a very interesting verse, which (in my mind) is the revealing of the anti-christ. Why we wait today for something to be revealed, which was revealed a very long time ago and spelled out for us by John, is mind boggling.

I certainly don't have many of the answers, but I'm trying to go by what the book says. Much of what people are trying to teach me seems to run contrary to what I read. Sometimes, when I read at night, I come across something that seems to go against what I was taught that very day. Either I've gone crazy, or something really weird is going on. Obviously, I have much study to do yet and I'm trying, but I'm afraid that my family (who are really trying to help) do not let the Bible speak for itself
    I can promise you that the seven churches in Rev 2 and 3 understood and weren't looking for some mythical bogeyman in the year 2018
    "MISSION: To rescue Christians enslaved by manmade religion and to bring them to the freedom of Jesus."

Thread Information