Pride disguises itself as many things and we are not able to discern it apart from God's light. I want to share with you where I found it hiding in my life and give some Bible examples.

Pride can disguise itself as a desire to prevent evil.

Matt 16:21-23 From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. But he (Jesus) turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men.

Peter thought Jesus being taken and put to death was a great evil and rebuked Jesus for speaking of it. You might remember later when Jesus was taken prisoner Peter drew a sword and cut off a servant of the High Priest's ear whom Jesus promptly healed (Luke 22:47-53). In his desire to prevent what he perceived as a great evil Peter had failed to see the redemptive plan of God through the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ. He had allowed himself to be used by Satan to tempt Jesus not to go to the cross. You might also remember that the people of Jerusalem in the time of Jeremiah just couldn't accept the fact that God had given the city into the hand of the king of Babylon. If we are going to stand against what we perceive to be a great evil we best make sure we are standing with God or we might find our self as an offense unto Him.