Pride disguises itself as many things and we are not able to discern it apart from God's light. I want to share with you where I found it hiding in my life and give some Bible examples.

Pride can disguise itself as strength/determination.

Matt 26:31-35 Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad. But after I am risen again, I will go before you into Galilee. Peter answered and said unto him, Though all men shall be offended because of thee, yet will I never be offended. Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, That this night, before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. Peter said unto him, Though I should die with thee, yet will I not deny thee. Likewise also said all the disciples.

Peter and the other disciples loved Jesus and Peter truly and sincerely meant what he said. His error was to think his strength and/or determination would allow him to keep his promise. We all know what happened. Peter denied knowing Jesus three times. After the third denial we find this in Luke 22:61-62 And the Lord turned, and looked upon Peter. And Peter remembered the word of the Lord, how he said unto him, Before the cock crow, thou shalt deny me thrice. And Peter went out, and wept bitterly. Remember how Jesus begged Peter, James and John to watch and pray with Him just one hour (Matt 26:36-41). To put physical strength and/or determination in the place of a strength that can only come through submission to God is a gross form of pride and is setting yourself up for certain failure. Strength and determination are often applauded, but if they are not the result of humbling ourselves before God they can never help us in His service.