Pride disguises itself as many things and we are not able to discern it apart from God's light. I want to share with you where I found it hiding in my life and give some Bible examples.

Pride can disguise itself as rejoicing.

Luke 10:1-20 After these things the Lord appointed other seventy also, and sent them two and two before his face into every city and place, whither he himself would come...And the seventy returned again with joy, saying, Lord, even the devils are subject unto us through thy name. And he said unto them, I beheld Satan as lightning fall from heaven. Behold, I give unto you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Notwithstanding in this rejoice not, that the spirits are subject unto you; but rather rejoice, because your names are written in heaven.

The disciples were rejoicing because of the power they had over devils and what they were able to accomplish as a result. It's interesting that Jesus' response was to tell them He beheld Satan fall like lightning from heaven. Satan fell from heaven because of pride. Jesus went on to rebuke them for rejoicing in the power they had been given and said they should instead rejoice because their names were written down in heaven. Our rejoicing should be in Christ, not in things he empowers us and uses us to do. Jesus once said to His disciples, "without Me ye can do nothing". Nothing means nothing. I think it took some time for them to learn that. It possible most of us have never learned it, if we had we would spend much, much more time on our face before God on behalf of ourselves and our families. Pride is what keeps us from it. Pride can allow us to rejoice in what should be our shame. James 4:8-10 Draw nigh to God, and he will draw nigh to you. Cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded. Be afflicted, and mourn, and weep: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your joy to heaviness. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up. We, our families, our churches and our nation are in need of real revival, but we would rather rejoice than to weep, laugh instead of mourn, be deceived rather than acknowledge our sin. Solomon wrote in Ecc 7:2-6 It is better to go to the house of mourning, than to go to the house of feasting...Sorrow is better than laughter: for by the sadness of the countenance the heart is made better. The heart of the wise is in the house of mourning; but the heart of fools is in the house of mirth (gladness). It is better to hear the rebuke of the wise, than for a man to hear the song of fools. For as the crackling of thorns under a pot, so is the laughter of the fool. It seems Solomon is telling us rejoicing can be foolish. Perhaps our rejoicing needs a tuneup.