Pride disguises itself as many things and we are not able to discern it apart from God's light. I want to share with you where I found it hiding in my life and give some Bible examples.

Pride can disguise itself as intelligence.

1 Cor 8:1-9 Now as touching things offered unto idols, we know that we all have knowledge. Knowledge puffeth up, but charity edifieth. And if any man think that he knoweth anything, he knoweth nothing yet as he ought to know. But if any man love God, the same is known of him. As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one...Howbeit there is not in every man that knowledge: for some with conscience of the idol unto this hour eat it as a thing offered unto an idol; and their conscience being weak is defiled. But meat commendeth us not to God: for neither, if we eat, are we the better; neither, if we eat not, are we the worse. But take heed lest by any means this liberty of yours become a stumblingblock to them that are weak.

I'm reminded of something Paul wrote to Timothy in 2 Tim 3:1-2 This know also, that in the last days perilous (dangerous) times shall come. For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud... When people become lovers of themselves they become dangerous to others. The word "puffeth" in 1 Cor 8:1 means to make natural and swell up. It's a perfect description of what can happen when a person gains much knowledge, even a Christian. The passage concerns the question of a Christian eating meat that had been offered in sacrifice to some idol. The meat was often served at local feasts and even sold cheaply in the market places of the city afterwards. A Christian with knowledge of what an idol really is (a piece of wood, stone or precious metal called a god by men) might be able to eat of the meat offered in sacrifice to it with no reservations. However, as Paul says, "there is not in every man that knowledge". Knowledge is a good thing if it's used wisely. A great thing to consider is how does the use of what we know affect others. Our primary purpose is to bring glory to God, leading others to Christ, not to show ourselves intelligent. Being smart doesn't help others if there is no compassion or consideration for them. Pride can very easily disguise itself as intelligence when we don't love God and then others as we should.