Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Revelation 22 verse 1 and 2 -How is it interpreted?

Re: Revelation 22 verse 1 and 2 -How is it interpreted?

Jesus said,
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. Jn.8:51-52

Originally posted by ForHisGlory
    IF we had eternal life right now then this would mean we would NOT physically die.
    Your misunderstanding is the same as the people who answered Jesus. If you won't admit this, there's no reason to continue.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    In the text. They asked Jesus about a time
    when the dead are resurrected to life. Jesus answered their question.

After this he said, but concerning the resurrection of the dead, God isn't the God of the dead, only the living, like the Patriarchs. But the Patriarchs were physically dead, so Jesus meant God isn't the God of the spiritually dead, only those spiritually alive.
    You misunderstood what Jesus said. In Hebrew 11, Paul narrated the exploits of the OT saints (including the Patriarchs) and concluded that despite their faith, God would not give them what he promised BEFORE us (NT saints).

Heb 11:39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, i.e. resurrection/eternal life 40 since God had provided something better for us (NT saints), that apart from us they should not be made perfect.

Blog Entries

Jesus said,
    Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death. Then said the Jews unto him, Now we know that thou hast a devil. Abraham is dead, and the prophets; and thou sayest, If a man keep my saying, he shall never taste of death. Jn.8:51-52

Your misunderstanding is the same as the people who answered Jesus. If you won't admit this, there's no reason to continue.
    No, it is your misunderstanding which is like unto theirs.

We will PHYSICALLY die and then we will be resurrected and THEN we will have eternal life, which means that PHYSICALLY we will NOT die again.
    Genesis 3 tells us this, as does the rest of the Bible.

This is also why for God it is imperative that those who receive eternal life are those who have been transformed into the likeness of His Son. This is why He judges people to separate out those who should NOT receive eternal life.

You seem to want to create a separation of PHYSICAL and SPIRITUAL, whereas we are a combination of the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    You misunderstood what Jesus said. In Hebrew 11, Paul narrated the exploits of the OT saints (including the Patriarchs) and concluded that despite their faith, God would not give them what he promised BEFORE us (NT saints).

Heb 11:39 And all these, though commended through their faith, did not receive what was promised, i.e. resurrection/eternal life 40 since God had provided something better for us (NT saints), that apart from us they should not be made perfect.
    I understand the harvest occurs at once. You're missing the reason why believers are bodily resurrected to eternal life. It's because we were previously sown that way.

Blog Entries

I understand the harvest occurs at once. You're missing the reason why believers are bodily resurrected to eternal life. It's because we were previously sown that way.
    And who told you that?

Quote Originally Posted by Trivalee View Post
    And who told you that?
    The bible.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption. 1Cor.15:42

The bodily resurrection is the manifestation of Christ in us now. This is why unbelievers are manifested still in corruption.

Jesus didn't receive eternal life. He is eternal life. And he is in us now.

Blog Entries

The bible.

So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption. 1Cor.15:42

The bodily resurrection is the manifestation of Christ in us now. This is why unbelievers are manifested still in corruption.

Jesus didn't receive eternal life. He is eternal life. And he is in us now.
    I agree. Thanks for clarifying.

Blog Entries

We were immortals before being born human? The scripture you posted does not support that.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    We were immortals before being born human? The scripture you posted does not support that.
    No. We we're mortal before being born of God.

Blog Entries

No. We we're mortal before being born of God.
    Ok, your other wording was misleading...thx for clarifying.
    James 4:10 Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ewq1938 View Post
    Ok, your other wording was misleading...thx for clarifying.
    Yes I can see that, but that post is connected to the one before it and so on.

It's easy to misunderstand the "messianic era". The religious leaders who rejected Jesus misunderstood it and many Christians have adopted their way of seeing the reign of the Messiah. But none of that can refute the fact that Jesus overcame all his enemies and still does in us and through us the same way.

Thread Information