Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Backlash after Nike signs new deal with Colin Kaepernick

Re: Backlash after Nike signs new deal with Colin Kaepernick

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby_Snacks View Post
    Does Under Armour hold some significance, or do you just like their products?
    I just like their products.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    I'll make it clear.

Unless your name is "Kaepernick", buying an item of clothing that says "Kaerpernick" on it is stupid beyond measure.
    oops, I was certain that you weren't saying that anyone whose name isn't "kaepernick" that buys any clothes that have that name on it, is so stupid that all means and measures of stupidity are found wanting in the face of these profundly dim-witted people. It just didn't seem like a fair assessment of what you said, and yet there it is.
    "If Donald Trump does nothing more than get conservative , constitution minded supreme court justices on the bench, everything else was worth it."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    I just like their products.
    I was just wondering, thanks.
    I can find a lot of things linking Nike to the production of their products in really bad environments in other countries... It seems under armour produces in the us. There is more about their political leanings... But I'll let you search that out if you wish.
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Blog Entries

Just do it.....

When we stand before the Judgment Seat, we will have retained only two things from our earthly life: what God gave us, and what we did with what He gave us.

Blog Entries

Wow. That puts things in perspective

just because someone served, died and was buried at one of our fine national cemeteries doesn't mean that you get to claim them in support of your perspective...they can't exactly voice their perspective.
    "If Donald Trump does nothing more than get conservative , constitution minded supreme court justices on the bench, everything else was worth it."

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    just because someone served, died and was buried at one of our fine national cemeteries doesn't mean that you get to claim them in support of your perspective...they can't exactly voice their perspective.
    It certainly puts the term “sacrifice” in perspective
    "MISSION: To rescue Christians enslaved by manmade religion and to bring them to the freedom of Jesus."

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    It certainly puts the term “sacrifice” in perspective
    I guess if someone didn't understand that there are varying degrees and types of sacrifice I suppose so.

Blog Entries

I am going to ask a simple question: what, exactly, did Kaepernak sacrifice? His football career? No, because several teams offered him a contract and he didn't want it. So what did he sacrifice that even REMOTELY compares to what our men and women in the military sacrifice?
    "You're gonna make a difference when you lay down your life, and in complete submission to God, choose to die with Him in service to other people."
    "Sometimes it concerns me, you know, the number of people that can quote my songs, and-- or they can quote the songs of several different people, but they can't quote the Scriptures."
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZLFGZ6zpeI
    Rich Mullins

For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianCoffee View Post
    I am going to ask a simple question: what, exactly, did Kaepernak sacrifice? His football career? No, because several teams offered him a contract and he didn't want it. So what did he sacrifice that even REMOTELY compares to what our men and women in the military sacrifice?
    So far as I can tell the only people making those comparisons are people that take umbrage with kneeling protests. Since you seem to be one of those people, why are you making the comparison? From my perspective the comparison is nonsensical at best and at worst an attempt to further de-legitimize the protests and Kaepernick himself.

I'd like to ask what you know about what he was and wasn't offered after he was released from the 49er's in 2016, but I know how touchy folks get about being challenged on their assertions, so take it or leave it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BraveUlysesses View Post
    I guess if someone didn't understand that there are varying degrees and types of sacrifice I suppose so.
    In the context of "even if it means sacrificing everything" there are only so many ways one can interpret "sacrificing everything".

Quote Originally Posted by Sonajero View Post
    In the context of "even if it means sacrificing everything" there are only so many ways one can interpret "sacrificing everything".

Maybe I just couldn't just get past myself to agree with Rabbiknife that the comparison to dead service people contextualized Kaepernick's sacrafice in a meaningful way because I think its obnoxious to coopt dead soldier's sacrafice to serve a position that you couldn't possibly know they all would have supported. So I'll agree now, Colin Kaepernick didn't sacrafice his life as a service member and that is important to note.

This reaction to someone refusing to bend a knee as a means of protest, though, has some serious ramifications for our democracy.

How that got ingeniously twisted into disrespect for those who served and died for the nation is beyond me.

Most who have served would say their sacrifice was in order to preserve our constitutional freedoms.

Mr Kaepernick's expression was neither out of line or un-
    American, and served to voice the sentiments of a major segment of our young people.

The very notion of forced patriotism scares me anyhow.

And the president's grandstanding response was, imo, appalling.

Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

I lived in the Bay Area 38 yrs.

I can get posters too.

Thread Information