Thread: Mental Prayer vs Spoken Prayer

Blog Entries

Re: Mental Prayer vs Spoken Prayer

Quote Originally Posted by RabbiKnife View Post
    I’ll say it

He wanted to chicken out
    He was horrified at the thought of becoming sin
    He was terrified of being separated from God

He was asking for plan b the gen though he knew there wasn’t one and he was willing to go to the cross despite his terror
    Courageous of you, but knowing the Lord, knowing Him to be God in the Flesh, I don't think so.

Aristarkos

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    Courageous of you, but knowing the Lord, knowing Him to be God in the Flesh, I don't think so.

Aristarkos
    Knowing the Lord, knowing Him to be God in the Flesh, this exactly what I think and believe

Blog Entries

Knowing the Lord, knowing Him to be God in the Flesh, this exactly what I think and believe
    What you believe is what counts, I believe something else, thank the Lord we can.

Aristarkos

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

There's a first for everything Slug, no matter how you put it, no matter how you try to sugarcoat you words. He knew He had to die on the Cross, He knew it was the Fathers will, He would never ask to have that cup removed from Him, so « this cup » isn't about the Cross. That's how I see it.

Aristarkos
    Has anyone else you ever met, see it the same for the reason you just expressed? (edit to add a link to a exposition of Luke 22:42 - https://www.theologyofwork.org/the-h...ther-take-away

Here is Exposition and Exegetical, from Biblehub - https://biblehub.com/commentaries/luke/22-42.htm

end of edit)

I'm not sugarcoating anything. Jesus experienced ALL the same emotions we have... fear being one too. It's because He expressed fear in the garden, I have another reason to love and believe in Him.

He can relate to all my problems.

The words, "not my will"... in that prayer? So, Jesus expresses that He would have it done differently, BUT knowing it would not be done any differently, He remains in submission (resigns too) too His Father by saying, ... but yours be done."

Courage overcomes the fear, so if "I" ever fail in courage and would have remained in fear, I can call on Jesus who can provide me the courage to overcome true fear. Not many know true fear... were they are facing death. But Jesus does and can help because He's been there/done that.
    Last edited by Slug1; Sep 27th 2018 at 12:10 AM.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Aristarkos
    What does Phillippian's 2 / 7 mean to you ?

He was in the likeness of man. He suffered in all ways like a man. He was the 2nd Adam.

Blog Entries

And Hematidrosis is the only thing you can come up with?
    When something is new to you it isn't necessarily wrong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    Has anyone else you ever met, see it the same for the reason you just expressed? I'm not sugarcoating anything. Jesus experienced ALL the same emotions we have... fear being one too. It's because He expressed fear in the garden, I have another reason to love and believe in Him.
    That !

Blog Entries

I’ll say it

He wanted to chicken out
    He was horrified at the thought of becoming sin
    He was terrified of being separated from God

He was asking for plan b the gen though he knew there wasn’t one and he was willing to go to the cross despite his terror

Aristarkos
    How so?

My Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as you will.

not as I will......

Exactly and why did He not give in to these temptations? Because He was not a child of Adam. Because He was God in the flesh.

Aristarkos
    Obviously. All God, all man.

Thread Information