Thread: Music abnd Faith

Music abnd Faith

Hi Guys,

I have come to faith and it's been growing for a little while now. I have a question, I have always enjoyed Hip Hop and R n B but lately because of my walk with God I have started to wonder if I should stop listening because the lyrics are questionable to me now if i think about the context etc.

I have always liked Eminem but I think it's not great to listen to now, really.

Are there any Christian rappers or r n b artists out there?

Blog Entries

Re: Music abnd Faith

Yep, there's a lot of good Christian HH artists - just takes a bit of searching! That's kind of the case for all music though, lol. A few of my favorites (links are all to YouTube):

Braille

Deraj

Tedashii

Group 1 Crew

There's some in just about every rap subgenre. I haven't really explored R&B as much, but I'm sure it's the same in that realm too.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Quote Originally Posted by Aviyah View Post
    Yep, there's a lot of good Christian HH artists - just takes a bit of searching! That's kind of the case for all music though, lol. A few of my favorites (links are all to YouTube):

Braille

Deraj

Tedashii

Group 1 Crew

There's some in just about every rap subgenre. I haven't really explored R&B as much, but I'm sure it's the same in that realm too.
    Thank you so much, I will take a look.

In a place of praying hard and trusting God while battling on my knees!
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Belief View Post
    Hi Guys,

I have come to faith and it's been growing for a little while now. I have a question, I have always enjoyed Hip Hop and R n B but lately because of my walk with God I have started to wonder if I should stop listening because the lyrics are questionable to me now if i think about the context etc.

I like heavy metal, found TONS of heavy metal Christian bands and singers who's lyrics praise and glorify God. You can do the same with ANY genre of music styles.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Quote Originally Posted by Slug1 View Post
    I like heavy metal, found TONS of heavy metal Christian bands and singers who's lyrics praise and glorify God. You can do the same with ANY genre of music styles.
    If you have Spotify, check out a band "Disciple" but definitely start off with their earlier stuff (This Might Sting a Little; By God; My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy) which is a little more raw than their later albums after they went through a bunch of lineup changes and mainstream stuff...
    Jesus said, "Out of the hardness of your hearts Moses gave a writ of divorce; but from the beginning it was not so." How many more things do you suppose are, "From the beginning, NOT so?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Falconcheff View Post
    If you have Spotify, check out a band "Disciple" but definitely start off with their earlier stuff (This Might Sting a Little; By God; My Daddy Can Whip Your Daddy) which is a little more raw than their later albums after they went through a bunch of lineup changes and mainstream stuff...
    Hooah, bought my first Disciple CD about 10 years ago Right now, the Christian (progressive) metal I listen too the most is Theocracy.
    Slug1--out

~Titus 2:11 For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men,~

~Honestly, the pain of persecution lets you KNOW you are still alive... IN Christ!~

~Colossians 1:28 Him we preach, warning every man and teaching every man in all wisdom, that we may present every man perfect in Christ Jesus.~

~"In the turmoil of any chaos, all it takes is that whisper that is heard like thunder over all the noise and the chaos seems to go away, focus returns and we are comforted in knowing that God has listened to our cry for help."~

Quote Originally Posted by Belief View Post
    Hi Guys,

If you like Eminem you'll probably enjoy NF. There's also some ancient history between Eminem and KJ-52, so you might enjoy the latter as well.

Can't say I listen to much Christian rap or R&B artists though. Aviyah's suggestions are all good.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    If you like Eminem you'll probably enjoy NF. There's also some ancient history between Eminem and KJ-52, so you might enjoy the latter as well.

Can't say I listen to much Christian rap or R&B artists though. Aviyah's suggestions are all good.
    You might like Mike Farris , wow can he sing ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EISrqodlG8o

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    You might like Mike Farris , wow can he sing ! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EISrqodlG8o
    I listen to Mike Farris, got his Salvation in Lights cd. Even when he was not a Christian, I listened to him when he sang with the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies.
    Slug1--out

Blog Entries

I listen to Mike Farris, got his Salvation in Lights cd. Even when he was not a Christian, I listened to him when he sang with the Screamin' Cheetah Wheelies.
    Oh yeah ! One of my favorite CDs . Mike is doing a "Soul of Christmas" concert in Nashville in december this year , I hope to see it .

Blog Entries

I like all genres of music.
    Those who seek God with all their heart will find Him and be given sight. Those who seek their own agenda will remain blind.

Hooah, bought my first Disciple CD about 10 years ago Right now, the Christian (progressive) metal I listen too the most is Theocracy.
    I'll check 'em out... A friend of mine owned the venue where Disciple played at, gosh it must be 15 years ago...while they were touring promoting "By God," so we all went out after the show and had dinner. It was fun hanging with them then, you could tell their heart was in the music FOR Jesus!

Before them, people used to look at me kinda funny when they asked me my favorite praise and worship song... I always used to say, "Metallica's Creeping Death..." It's the story of God saving His people from the Egyptians!
    Jesus said, "Out of the hardness of your hearts Moses gave a writ of divorce; but from the beginning it was not so." How many more things do you suppose are, "From the beginning, NOT so?"

Thread Information