Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Woe and disaster to all who revolt and rebel

Blog Entries

Woe and disaster to all who revolt and rebel

Isaiah 5:7 The vineyard of the Lord is Israel and Judah is the plant that He cherished. Instead of justice, He found oppression and instead of righteousness, there was distress.
    The Lord’s people, still scattered among the nations, must be tested and judged before their redemption as the true Israelites of God, who will be people from every tribe, race, nation and language: every born again Christian. Isaiah 27:2-6, Romans 9:24-26, Ephesians 2:11-18, Revelation 5:9-10

Isaiah 5:8-23 Woe and disaster will come to all those who amass property, they will be brought to ruin. Jeremiah 25:34-38, James 5:1-6
    Woe and disaster to all who drink and eat to excess, without any thought for their Maker. They will be brought down and humbled.
    Woe and disaster to those godless people who scoff and say: Let the Lord bring it on, so that we may see His work.
    Woe and disaster to those who call evil good and good evil.
    Woe and disaster to those who are wise in their own estimation.
    Woe and disaster to those who take bribes and deny justice to those in the right.
    For the Lord is exalted by His judgement and by His righteousness; He reveals His holiness. Jeremiah 5:9-11

Isaiah 5:24-30 As fire consumes the stubble and flames burn up the chaff, they will all disappear like fine dust. For they have spurned their Maker and rejected the Word of the Holy One of Israel. His anger is roused against His people and as He strikes them down, the mountains tremble. Their corpses lay like refuse in the streets, yet His anger has not abated. Jeremiah 4:11-19, Jeremiah 9:21-22, 2 Peter 3:17, Revelation 6:12-17
    The Lord will call on a distant horde, they will come with great speed. They are fully prepared and ready to carry out His decree. With a great roaring noise, they will seize their prey, over all the land there will be darkness and distress, as the light is darkened in the heavens. Amos 5:18-20

A real army would not cause the heavens to be darkened, or make a ‘roaring noise like the thunder of the ocean’. Therefore; this “army’ is an allegory, paralleled by Joel 2:1-11 and what they describe is the strike of a Coronal Mass Ejection, an explosion of the suns surface, plainly prophesied in Isaiah 30:26a, that burns up His enemies, ‘like stubble and chaff’. Matthew 3:12.
    They disappear like ‘fine dust’, obviously something very large and powerful must happen to cause these effects over the whole world. Luke 21:35, Isaiah 10:24-27, Malachi 4:1 & 3

Ezekiel 20:38 I shall purge you of those who revolt and rebel against Me. I shall take them out of the lands where they now live, but they will not set foot on the soil of Israel. Thus, you will know that I am the Lord.

Jeremiah 5:26-31 For among My people, there are scoundrels, who lay traps and prey upon others. They grow rich and fat, by turning a blind eye to wickedness. Shall I fail to punish them for this? There is an appalling outrage in the land, [the world] prophets prophesy lies and the priests rule by their own authority - that is how the people like it. What will you do at the time of the end?

Ref: REB. KJV, some verses abridged.

In other words: What is your situation, in these end times?

Re: Woe and disaster to all who revolt and rebel

Another "doom and gloom" discussion eh?
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris View Post
    Another "doom and gloom" discussion eh?
    It's only doom and gloom for those that don't believe the gospel..

Jude
    ​“Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.”

~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post

Jude
    amen Jude

Keraz can preach. are there any more chairs in the back for a few more of us to attend this meetin?

Jeremiah 5:26-31 For among My people, there are scoundrels, who lay traps and prey upon others. They grow rich and fat, by turning a blind eye to wickedness. Shall I fail to punish them for this? There is an appalling outrage in the land, [the world] prophets prophesy lies and the priests rule by their own authority - that is how the people like it. What will you do at the time of the end?

KJV and End Times message, you have a full head of steam going on this Train.

Welcome to The Cutting Edge...
    "But none of the wicked shall understand [that the End of the Age is upon them]." [Daniel 12:10b]

Tit 2:13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

2 Peter 3:4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Keraz View Post
    Isaiah 5:7 The vineyard of the Lord is Israel and Judah is the plant that He cherished. Instead of justice, He found oppression and instead of righteousness, there was distress.
    The Lord’s people, still scattered among the nations, must be tested and judged before their redemption as the true Israelites of God, who will be people from every tribe, race, nation and language: every born again Christian. Isaiah 27:2-6, Romans 9:24-26, Ephesians 2:11-18, Revelation 5:9-10

This a remarkable conclusion to that verse. Let us analyze a bit ...

"The Lord’s people, still scattered among the nations, ..." Now, this could only mean Israel, sons of Jacob. But there is a problem, they ALL, without exception, are called "Lo-ammi", which means "you are NOT my people". But the confusion is even greater when the context of Isaiah is addressed. In Isaiah 5:3 it reads; "And now, O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard." This is the OPPOSITE of "scattered among the nations". Isaiah 5:7 is talking to INHABITANTS of Jerusalem and men IN JUDAH (where Jerusalem is).

"... must be tested ... ". There is no talk in Isaiah 5:7 of a "test". Isaiah 5:7 is a straight accusation that instead of just judging, they have, like the nations, an IN-justice system in place.

"... (must be) judged before their redemption ... ". But is not their "scattering among the nations" already a judgement? Is it not the curse of a broken Law? Leviticus 26:27-33 says, "27 And if ye will not for all this hearken unto me, but walk contrary unto me; ... 33 I will scatter you among the heathen, and will draw out a sword after you: and your land shall be desolate, and your cities waste." But then, at the end of your statement you call these same people "every born again Christian" Are Christians under the Law that they must be scattered? Are Christians judged BEFORE their redemption?

" ... their redemption as true Israelites, ... ". What then constitutes a TRUE Israelite? And what constitutes an UNTRUE Israelite? Do these terms and their concepts EVER appear in the whole Bible? And why then does God ONLY scatter the TRUE Israelites? And if they are born again Christians, are their sins not forgiven and their scattering a travesty of justice because Christ has paid for their sins already?

"... true Israelites of God, who will be people from every tribe, race, nation and language, ..." If these be form every tribe, race, nation and language, why then are they called Israelites? Are not the SPECIFIC offspring of Jacob, who name is Israel. Are they not the SPECIFIC race of Shemites? Does not God call the SINGLE nation that sprang from Jacob, Israelites? Are they not speakers of Hebrew? How can a SPECIFIC and SINGLE nation with an EXCLUSIVE language be "... from every tribe, race, nation and language"? And then again if this be true or not, how come we find in Acts 2:5-11 that there was, "... dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven, (which) hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?"

"... every born again Christian." But Isaiah 5:7 was written 700 years before the first Christian walked the earth. Added to this, the Church was not revealed to the prophets of old. So how could Isaiah be addressing "born again Christians". And if this is correct, how then in Isaiah 5:3 do we find Christians as "... O inhabitants of Jerusalem, and men of Judah, judge, I pray you, betwixt me and my vineyard."

The contradictions are many, and the confusion is complete. I think that without all this, Isaiah 5:7, when taken in context, addresses Israelites who still lived in their Land, who were under Law, who were accused by God via an Hebrew prophet in the Hebrew tongue that they were in danger of judgement according to that Law. Then, we can look back and see that all this came to pass on a SINGLE, SPECIFIC and EXCLUSIVE people of Judah, Canaan, who are presently under chastisement but will be restored - the Israel of God, sons of a man called Israel. In this appreciation I do not have any of the above shown confusion. I do not have to add "TRUE" and I do not make them Christians who were still a future People "OUT OF" all the nations.

Blog Entries

Thanks for your serious and comprehensive reply, Walls.
    We have discussed the end time events before and have a very differing take on what will happen. This colors our thinking in many aspects.

You want to have a separate Israel and the Christian Church, for God to deal with in separate ways. But scripture says there is only one people of God. John 17:20-23, +

Then; the unresolved question; Who is Israel? It is just those people who call themselves Jews? As you seem to want it.
    But realize that this idea conflicts with many aspects, scriptural and historical and there is no proof of ancestry available for anyone from 3000+ years, ago.

What is fact, is that many people from many ethnicities have become Christian. If Jesus came to save Israel, as He says, then if 'Israel' today are only those who call themselves Jews, then He failed and the Apostles disobeyed Him.
    But no, the Jews rejected Him and the Apostles were told to go to all the nations with the Gospel and we are plainly told that ethnicity has no relevance to a Christian, Ephesians 2:11-18

I see you as the confused one, thinking that an Israelite, literally a person who is an Overcomer for God, must be a Jew. Some Jews are, of course, but most are not, as Paul makes clear in Romans 2:28-29

Revelation 7:1-14 is an interesting and informative scripture. It starts by setting an earthly scene, where the Lord selects 12,000 undefiled people from each of the twelve tribes of Israel. Revelation 14:1-5 Then John sees a vast multitude of people who have passed thru a great ordeal. No change of location is mentioned and the great ordeal, or tribulation, is plainly a reference to the just happened Sixth Seal event.
    This gathering of all the Lord's faithful people, those who stood firm in their faith during the great test, 1 Peter 4:12, is well prophesied to happen OT and NT. Romans 9:24-26 states it.
    That multitude ARE the Israelites of God, all faithful born again Christians, they will be assigned into the twelve tribal divisions, as Ezekiel 40-48 prophesies.

The truth is that only God knows who His people are, Amos 9:9, and to fulfil His promises to the Patriarchs, most will be descendants of Jacob. But this does not preclude foreigners joining with them and becoming Israelites by faith.

Soon, all will be revealed and knowing exactly what God has planned is hardly possible for us, so the best advice is for people to be prepared for any eventuality, with the strength of faith to withstand disasters and to praise our God for His Blessings.

Thanks for your serious and comprehensive reply, Walls.
    We have discussed the end time events before and have a very differing take on what will happen. This colors our thinking in many aspects.

You want to have a separate Israel and the Christian Church, for God to deal with in separate ways. But scripture says there is only one people of God. John 17:20-23, +

Then; the unresolved question; Who is Israel? It is just those people who call themselves Jews? As you seem to want it.
    But realize that this idea conflicts with many aspects, scriptural and historical and there is no proof of ancestry available for anyone from 3000+ years, ago.

What is fact, is that many people from many ethnicities have become Christian. If Jesus came to save Israel, as He says, then if 'Israel' today are only those who call themselves Jews, then He failed and the Apostles disobeyed Him.
    But no, the Jews rejected Him and the Apostles were told to go to all the nations with the Gospel and we are plainly told that ethnicity has no relevance to a Christian, Ephesians 2:11-18

I see you as the confused one, thinking that an Israelite, literally a person who is an Overcomer for God, must be a Jew. Some Jews are, of course, but most are not, as Paul makes clear in Romans 2:28-29

Revelation 7:1-14 is an interesting and informative scripture. It starts by setting an earthly scene, where the Lord selects 12,000 undefiled people from each of the twelve tribes of Israel. Revelation 14:1-5 Then John sees a vast multitude of people who have passed thru a great ordeal. No change of location is mentioned and the great ordeal, or tribulation, is plainly a reference to the just happened Sixth Seal event.
    This gathering of all the Lord's faithful people, those who stood firm in their faith during the great test, 1 Peter 4:12, is well prophesied to happen OT and NT. Romans 9:24-26 states it.
    That multitude ARE the Israelites of God, all faithful born again Christians, they will be assigned into the twelve tribal divisions, as Ezekiel 40-48 prophesies.

The truth is that only God knows who His people are, Amos 9:9, and to fulfil His promises to the Patriarchs, most will be descendants of Jacob. But this does not preclude foreigners joining with them and becoming Israelites by faith.

Soon, all will be revealed and knowing exactly what God has planned is hardly possible for us, so the best advice is for people to be prepared for any eventuality, with the strength of faith to withstand disasters and to praise our God for His Blessings.
    You are very courteous. I commend your Christian spirit. I thought you would come after me with a shotgun. I'm about to turn in and get some sleep for a big event tomorrow, so if you'll allow I'll just comment briefly on some of your points.

John 17:20 onward is a prayer for the BELIEVERS. It concerns those "who the Father gave Him". It would seem from this prayer that the Christians would be seriously divided. And history, and a quick look around us both, will show Christianity in extreme disunity. Oh that we Christians would be like the nation of New Zealand when the All Blacks run onto the field - total passionate unity!

As to proof of ethnicity for the gathering of Israel, why, God knows. And it is the angels who are commanded by our Lord Jesus to "gather" them (Matt.24:31).

Israel are defined as those who were born to Jacob, PLUS those few of the nations, like Ruth, who moved to Canaan and embraced both Jehovah and the Law of Moses. The Church is defined as those born to the Holy Spirit. Paul calls Israel "brethren according to the flesh". His fellow Christians are "brethren according to the Spirit".

It is the glory of man that he enjoys and copes with ONE line of thought. It is the glory of God that He can deal with multiple lines of thought at the same time. Bible scholars need overcoming to cope with the fact that Gd has THREE Peoples and each has a different destiny.
    1. The NATIONS
    2. The NATION of Israel
    3. The CHURCH taken OUT OF THE ABOVE TWAIN.

Revelation Chapter 14:1-5
    • Is NOT set on earth. The four creatures and the 24 elders are in heaven (Chapter 4)
    • Is SET in heaven where the THRONE is
    • Is SET in heaven because they "were redeemed FROM the earth"
    • "Sion" can mean TWO things. (i) A hill in Jerusalem, (ii) the high point of heavenly Jerusalem (Heb.12:22). The context must decide.
    • Is NOT Israel. Israel (i) did not follow the Lamb, (ii) did embrace Caesar, (iii) are NOT without guile. The murder of Jesus was pure guile, (iv) are NOT without FAULT. Their dispersion is proof of utter guilt.
    • ARE Christians. Having their Father's name is promised to the Overcoming Christians (Rev.3:12)
    • ARE Christians. To have God as one's FATHER one must be BORN of Him (Jn.1:12-13)

I realize that each of us takes a journey in our Christian life. And the things we learn on this journey stick with us. You have your history - and I have mine. Let us hold our doctrine until it is clear that the other has a good argument. And then, let us, by the grace of God, and His light, be prepared to change. Even the great Apostle Paul had to do this (1st Cor.13:11).

I bid you good day (for it is already that in NZ). Here it is midnight.

Blog Entries

I trust you had a good sleep. As Christians we can all sleep with the knowledge of being in the care of Jesus.
    We trust Him too, for our future, praying for His Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven.

Your comments:
    Three peoples of God? Refuted by John 17:20-23, Ephesians 4:4-6, Romans 2:10-12, + There is only one faithful people of God, all the rest of mankind are not, in fact most if not all, are made for destruction. Romans 9:22 This includes the apostate Jewish people.

Location of God's Throne. This is a spiritual thing, in the spiritual dimension. NOT a physical object, that is in a fixed location. God and His Throne can be seen from wherever He wishes it to be. Ezekiel 1:1 saw it while standing on the bank of the river Kebar. Stephen saw it as he died, Acts 7:56
    The people of God, gathered soon after the Sixth Seal event has cleared and cleansed the entire Middle East region, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, + will see it as they stand in Jerusalem, praising their Savior and waving palm branches. Revelation 7:9

Definition of an Israelite; One who prevails with God. An Overcomer for God, as we see in each of the seven Church's of Revelation 1 & 2.
    Some are Jews, but most are Gentiles, who include the other 10 tribes of ancient Israel. All are faithful, born again Christians.
    As for the current citizens of the Jewish State of Israel, their ancestral claim is very doubtful and many prophesies make it perfectly plain that only a remnant of them will survive the forthcoming Lord's Day of wrath. Amos 2:4-5, Jeremiah 14:10-16, Zephaniah 1:4-18, +

Changing doctrinal beliefs; These boil down to; do they conform to scripture, or are they mans theories and assumptions?
    We can ascertain a lot of our future from what God requires from us, as his faithful Christian people. We are tasked to spread the Gospel, Matthew 29:19-20, and Jesus promises to be with us always. [Spiritually] How do you fit a 'rapture to heaven' into that?

No, we are earth creatures and God wants us to be the people He always wanted in His holy Land; His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27 and His Light to the nations, Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:14-16

Blog Entries

James 5:1-6 A Word to you who are rich: Weep and wail over the miserable fate about to come upon you. Your great wealth is rotten, your fine clothes have become moth-eaten, your gold and silver is corroded and all your riches will be used as evidence against you. Your flesh will be consumed as by fire.
    The end of the age is upon you, but you continue to store up wealth! All your fraudulent and dishonest actions, all those whom you cheated will cry out to indict you and the Lord has heard their cry. The innocent peoples, who cannot resist you are trampled down, while you have lived a life of luxury and self-indulgence and you continue to gorge yourself on the. finest foods But the Day of your slaughter fast approaches. All the earth’s peoples will be judged on that Day.

James 5:7-11 My brethren, you must be patient until the Lord comes. Consider a farmer waiting for the precious crop from his land. He can only wait in patience until the early and late rains have fallen. You too, must be patient and strong in courage, for the Return of the Lord is near. My friends, do not grumble and blame your troubles on one another, so that you won’t come under condemnation, for look – the Judge is standing at the door!
    As an example of patience under ill-treatment, look to the prophets who spoke the messages of God. They suffered persecution, but they persevered and are now blessed and honoured. See how Job kept his faith through many trials. That story demonstrates how the Lord tests everyone, then in His great compassion and mercy, He rewards those who remain faithful to Him. Ref. REB. CJB.

A terrible disaster is about to come upon all the world, Amos 8:4-6, Matthew 19:21-24, Luke 6:24-26, Revelation 6:12-17 It will affect all those who refuse to acknowledge Him or follow His Laws. Isaiah 2:12, Isaiah 24:5, Romans 1:18, 2 Thess. 1:8 It will be triggered by an attack against Israel, Psalms 83, Micah 4:11-12, they will all be wiped out. Ezekiel 30:1-5, Zephaniah 2:4-6, Jeremiah 49:35-37
    On the Day of slaughter, people will be consumed by fire, everyone will be judged by the Lord on His terrible Day of vengeance and wrath. Isaiah 66:15-17, Jer. 23:19, Ezekiel 7:5-14, Joel 1:15, Zephaniah 3:8, Luke 21:35, 1 Corinthians 3:13-15, Revelation 6:12-17

Now, the church age is nearly over and the Judge is ready: at the very door. Deuteronomy 32:31-36, Isaiah 42:14, Job 19:29, Acts 17:31
    The glorious Return of Jesus for His Millennial reign is near, but a short time of Satan’s domination of the world must happen before the Return. Daniel 7:25, 2 Thess. 2:3-4, Revelation 13:5 Everyone will be tested, there is no ‘rapture’ out of it and the Lord will reward those who keep their faith in Him: Isaiah 40:10, Psalms 94:12-15, Matthew 13:40-43, Romans 8:18

Eventually, at the Great White Throne judgement, Revelation 20:11-13, all the living and the dead will be judged according to their deeds.
    But this initial judgement/punishment of the nations by fire from the sun, Isaiah 30:26a, Malachi 4:1, Jeremiah 25:29-33, Psalms 50:1-3, the Sixth Seal event, will be another ‘reset of civilization’ of similar magnitude to Noah’s Flood. The survivors will establish a One World Government and the Lord’s people – righteous Israelites, faithful Christians of every tribe and tongue, Revelation 5:9-10, will gather and settle in all of the holy Land. Isaiah 66:18-21, Ezekiel 20:34. Psalms 37:29, Psalms 69:34-36, Amos 9:14-15, Romans 9:24-26

I trust you had a good sleep. As Christians we can all sleep with the knowledge of being in the care of Jesus.
    We trust Him too, for our future, praying for His Kingdom to come on earth as it is in heaven.

Your comments:
    Three peoples of God? Refuted by John 17:20-23, Ephesians 4:4-6, Romans 2:10-12, + There is only one faithful people of God, all the rest of mankind are not, in fact most if not all, are made for destruction. Romans 9:22 This includes the apostate Jewish people.
    You have misred my statement. I did not say "three peoples OF GOD". I said "three peoples on earth each with a different destiny". If New Jerusalem has, as its Walls, precious stones and founded upon the 12 Apostles, and has Gates of the 12 Tribes of Israel, with Nations, some of which may enter, and some of which my NOT enter, then there are THREE DISTINCT PEOPLES on the New Earth.

Location of God's Throne. This is a spiritual thing, in the spiritual dimension. NOT a physical object, that is in a fixed location. God and His Throne can be seen from wherever He wishes it to be. Ezekiel 1:1 saw it while standing on the bank of the river Kebar. Stephen saw it as he died, Acts 7:56
    The people of God, gathered soon after the Sixth Seal event has cleared and cleansed the entire Middle East region, Zephaniah 1:14-18, Ezekiel 30:1-5, + will see it as they stand in Jerusalem, praising their Savior and waving palm branches. Revelation 7:9
    If the Man Jesus, in His resurrection Body, sits in the Father's Throne, what are the chances that the throne is physical? And if Heaven is God's Throne, what are the chances that it is physical. Are the heavens spiritual?

Definition of an Israelite; One who prevails with God. An Overcomer for God, as we see in each of the seven Church's of Revelation 1 & 2.
    Some are Jews, but most are Gentiles, who include the other 10 tribes of ancient Israel. All are faithful, born again Christians.
    As for the current citizens of the Jewish State of Israel, their ancestral claim is very doubtful and many prophesies make it perfectly plain that only a remnant of them will survive the forthcoming Lord's Day of wrath. Amos 2:4-5, Jeremiah 14:10-16, Zephaniah 1:4-18, +
    There is no ethnicity in the Church. Israel did not overcome, They SUCCUMBED!

Changing doctrinal beliefs; These boil down to; do they conform to scripture, or are they mans theories and assumptions?
    We can ascertain a lot of our future from what God requires from us, as his faithful Christian people. We are tasked to spread the Gospel, Matthew 29:19-20, and Jesus promises to be with us always. [Spiritually] How do you fit a 'rapture to heaven' into that?
    Did I address a Rapture? But mostly I agree with your statement.

No, we are earth creatures and God wants us to be the people He always wanted in His holy Land; His witnesses, Isaiah 43:10, John 15:27 and His Light to the nations, Isaiah 49:8, Matthew 5:14-16
    No. Genesis 1:26-28 shows that God wanted a man in His image and likeness ruling the earth, sea and sky and all that is in them. This does not change even after the fall.
    1. Romans 4:13; "For the promise, that he should be the heir of the world, was not to Abraham, or to his seed, through the law, but through the righteousness of faith".
    2. Romans 8:29; "For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren."

Any man who believes that it could be otherwise does not believe that God has the power to carry out His councils.

Quote Originally Posted by Jude View Post
    I don't mind people trying to figure out what happens in the end times. It's a great topic for speculation. What's disturbing is how some people seem to get excited at the idea that anyone who doesn't believe exactly the way they do is going to meet some horrible fate. And they want to discuss this fate in gory detail. It doesn't seem like a healthy mindset. Nobody should want to have another person suffer, least of all for what goes on inside another person's head. Yet here we are, day after day, listening to the doom and gloom that heretics will face. Hasn't there been enough suffering in history? If God is truly a being of love, why would He want to inflict suffering? And why does that thought excite some people so much?
    "For a small moment have I forsaken you, and with great mercy will I gather you.With a little wrath did I hide My countenance for a moment from you, and with everlasting kindness will I have compassion on you," said your Redeemer, the Lord."..."For the mountains shall depart and the hills totter, but My kindness shall not depart from you, neither shall the covenant of My peace totter," says the Lord, Who has compassion on you.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Isaiah 5:8-23 Woe and disaster will come to all those who amass property, they will be brought to ruin. Jeremiah 25:34-38, James 5:1-6
    Woe and disaster to all who drink and eat to excess, without any thought for their Maker. They will be brought down and humbled.
    Woe and disaster to those godless people who scoff and say: Let the Lord bring it on, so that we may see His work.
    Woe and disaster to those who call evil good and good evil.
    Woe and disaster to those who are wise in their own estimation.
    Woe and disaster to those who take bribes and deny justice to those in the right.
    For the Lord is exalted by His judgement and by His righteousness; He reveals His holiness. Jeremiah 5:9-11

Isaiah 5:24-30 As fire consumes the stubble and flames burn up the chaff, they will all disappear like fine dust. For they have spurned their Maker and rejected the Word of the Holy One of Israel. His anger is roused against His people and as He strikes them down, the mountains tremble. Their corpses lay like refuse in the streets, yet His anger has not abated. Jeremiah 4:11-19, Jeremiah 9:21-22, 2 Peter 3:17, Revelation 6:12-17
    The Lord will call on a distant horde, they will come with great speed. They are fully prepared and ready to carry out His decree. With a great roaring noise, they will seize their prey, over all the land there will be darkness and distress, as the light is darkened in the heavens. Amos 5:18-20

A real army would not cause the heavens to be darkened, or make a ‘roaring noise like the thunder of the ocean’. Therefore; this “army’ is an allegory, paralleled by Joel 2:1-11 and what they describe is the strike of a Coronal Mass Ejection, an explosion of the suns surface, plainly prophesied in Isaiah 30:26a, that burns up His enemies, ‘like stubble and chaff’. Matthew 3:12.
    They disappear like ‘fine dust’, obviously something very large and powerful must happen to cause these effects over the whole world. Luke 21:35, Isaiah 10:24-27, Malachi 4:1 & 3

Ezekiel 20:38 I shall purge you of those who revolt and rebel against Me. I shall take them out of the lands where they now live, but they will not set foot on the soil of Israel. Thus, you will know that I am the Lord.

In other words: What is your situation, in these end times?
    Not sure what you are wanting to convey. Every individual has to think of what they do with what God gives them and how they treat others. It doesn't matter whether it was 1000 or 100 years ago or today. God IMO sees all time.
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Let's take an accounting of all who will suffer when the messiah comes, or returns, whatever.

Atheists, pagans? They're Godless heretics, Doomed
    Non- monotheists like Buddhists and Hindus (about a billion of each!) Doomed
    Muslims, all 1.3 billion of them who are monotheistic but don't believe in Jesus as God? Doomed
    Jews? Are you kidding? EXTRA Doomed
    Catholics? All billion of them? Of course Doomed
    Off the beaten path Protestants like JWs, SDAs, Mormons? They're all plainly crazy and therefore Doomed
    Other Protestant sects? I mean there are thousands of sects and they're all probably Doomed
    People of your sect who don't agree with everything you say? Even if they go to your church? Eh, Jesus is gonna smack them around but they might make it.

So God, who created us all and loves us all, is going to delight in slaughtering a majority of the worlds population in all sorts of creative and gory ways.

Isaiah 54

Blog Entries

Proverbs 24:7

Do not gloat when your enemy falls; when they stumble, do not let your heart rejoice,

Micah 7:8

Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light.

Obadiah 1:12

But do not gloat over the day of your brother in the day of his misfortune; do not rejoice over the people of Judah in the day of their ruin; do not boast in the day of distress.

Jeremiah 9:24

But let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.”

2 Cor 11:30

If I must boast, I will boast of the things that show my weakness.

Quote Originally Posted by keck553 View Post
    Proverbs 24:7

etc
    Only applies to believers. When the godless heretics suffer we're all supposed to r e j o i c e !!

Uh, well probably not me because I'm one of those groups that Keraz points out will suffer extra....

Isaiah 54

Thread Information