Page 1 of 23 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Nephilim

Blog Entries

Nephilim

This may have been discussed here many times before and if so, I apologize.
    Genesis 6 talks about the Nephilim and how they were destroyed in the flood. Only Noah and those on the ark were saved.
    Numbers 13:33 says"And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them.”
    In studying this I came across the thought that the Hebrews
    thought them to be descendants of the Nephilim, a powerful race who dominated the pre-Flood world. But how can this be if all were destroyed in the flood?

.................The message of the cross divides the human race." ~MW~

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Blog Entries

Re: Nephilim

I may have found my own answer...
    It may have been that Ham's wife carried the gene that produced other giants. Noah cursed Canaan and not Ham himself. This may be because this is where his wife came from.
    Not sure about this but it is just a thought that I had come across.

........ ... " LORD, I beseech thee, let now thine ear be attentive to the prayer of thy servant..."
    .................................................. .................................................. ...Nehemiah 1:11a

Blog Entries

trying to delete this post as I don't need it anymore but I don't remember how!!!! Help?

Blog Entries

No it wasn't Ham's wife, they just came back after the flood the same way they showed up before the flood. The bible says they, the people on the ark, were "perfect" in their generations [or genes]. So they couldn't carry anything over with them, as they weren't tainted.
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by karenoka27 View Post
    It may have been that Ham's wife carried the gene that produced other giants. Noah cursed Canaan and not Ham himself. This may be because this is where his wife came from.
    Two alternatives are that the Israelite spies were exaggerating with a figure of speech, or that whatever caused the original Nephilim also literally happened after the flood. It's possible that the Nephilim gene survived through one of Noah's grandsons, but it doesn't necessarily need to be Canaan since his curse had nothing to do with it.
    여러분은 주님 안에서 항상 기뻐하십시오. 내가 다시 말합니다. 기뻐하십시오.
    모든 사람을 너그럽게 대하십시오. 주님께서 오실 날이 가까웠습니다. Philippians 4

Quote Originally Posted by karenoka27 View Post
    This may have been discussed here many times before and if so, I apologize.
    Genesis 6 talks about the Nephilim and how they were destroyed in the flood. Only Noah and those on the ark were saved.
    Numbers 13:33 says"And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim), and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them.”
    In studying this I came across the thought that the Hebrews
    thought them to be descendants of the Nephilim, a powerful race who dominated the pre-Flood world. But how can this be if all were destroyed in the flood?

Nephilim were abnormally tall humans.

Tall humans lived before and after the flood.

Likely also blondes, brunettes, curly joes, and many types of humans.

Be careful studying the term Nephilim, there is alot of occultic garbage out there trying to fool the gullible.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by David Taylor View Post
    Nephilim were abnormally tall humans.

Tall humans lived before and after the flood.

Likely also blondes, brunettes, curly joes, and many types of humans.

Be careful studying the term Nephilim, there is alot of occultic garbage out there trying to fool the gullible.
    Some would say the Nephilim were giants .

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ceegen View Post
    No it wasn't Ham's wife, they just came back after the flood the same way they showed up before the flood. The bible says they, the people on the ark, were "perfect" in their generations [or genes]. So they couldn't carry anything over with them, as they weren't tainted.
    Although I do not know the answer to the OP, you are incorrect:

Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Only Noah was perfect in His generations. The wives did not come from the genes of Noah. They came from other genes. However Noah's sons were also perfect in their Generations (if His wife was related to His direct line back to Adam.)

I am one who holds to the theory that Fallen Angels messed with the Genome of Humans by impregnating Woman. However, I am not sure yet how the people assigned the term "nephilim" re-appeared again after the Flood. I also hold to a literal world Flood and total annihilation of all human flesh besides those in the ark.

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post

Genesis 6:9 These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Only Noah was perfect in His generations. The wives did not come from the genes of Noah. They came from other genes. However Noah's sons were also perfect in their Generations (if His wife was related to His direct line back to Adam.)

I am one who holds to the theory that Fallen Angels messed with the Genome of Humans by impregnating Woman. However, I am not sure yet how the people assigned the term "nephilim" re-appeared again after the Flood. I also hold to a literal world Flood and total annihilation of all human flesh besides those in the ark.
    Hey! Soldier_of_Faith... PTL!

I just can't believe that it was angels or demons that were with the daughters of men because:
    2 Pet 2:4 "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment."
    How can anyone who is being treated thus, still be able to beget physical offspring with human women, from hell? They can't! To my thinking anyways.
    Maranatha!

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    Some would say the Nephilim were giants .

Genesis 6:4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.
    Yes giant men. Big human beings.

Not giant butterflies, not giant hippos, not giant mythical occutlic creatures.

Blog Entries

Yes. .......
    A cannot be A & not A at the same time

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by glfglf View Post
    Hey! Soldier_of_Faith... PTL!

I just can't believe that it was angels or demons that were with the daughters of men because:
    2 Pet 2:4 "For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment."
    How can anyone who is being treated thus, still be able to beget physical offspring with human women, from hell? They can't! To my thinking anyways.
    Maranatha!
    Absolutely... Yet they did do this before they got thrown into Hell, if you take this into account:

Gen 6:1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the Lord said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years. 4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

So then either at this time or after the flood, God had these "sons of God" chained up as in 2 Peter 2:4... However I would agree that your argument holds true for those Nephilim after the Flood... Yet, only a small number may have actually sinned this way, so could other follow in their path? Also there is this possibility:

Matthew 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven. The idea given here is that Angels do not procreate nor are one with one another. But rather the body of Christ is one with CHRIST alone.

So then after the flood it appears something might have changed and God made it so the Angels are not able to procreate... Don't know for sure, just pondering...

Blog Entries

Question Re: Nephilim

Are you saying 100% human ?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Soldier_of_Faith View Post

I believe in a literal flood and stuff, but there isn't a reason to believe that the wives were tainted with nephilim DNA, or else they wouldn't have got on the ark. Why would God allow that to happen considering he sent the flood, among other things, to stop the spread of the corrupt genome? Doesn't make sense when the fallen angels could just wait it out, which is what I'm guessing is what happened. Especially since if the tainted genes carried over though the ark, there wouldn't be many people left on the earth today with untainted genes. That, and the nephilim after the flood seemed to be restricted to specific geographical locations in the promised land. Even willing to bet that the second incursion happened while Israel was in Egypt, since after that when Joshua conquered the land, that is when they encountered them. And, perhaps, the time spent in Egypt was God's way of protecting Israel from being tainted.
    John 10 (KJV)
    27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
    29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkman View Post
    Are you saying 100% human ?
    hawkman,
    Yep.

The occutlic translation of 6:4 doesn't clearly presume demon/human mating or procreated hybrid creatures....that is the work if fiction and fantasy.

The very verse clearly tell us the Nephilim are men, not demon hybrids.

Gen 6:4 There were giants (Nephilim) in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

here are other scriptures telling us the Nephilim are men not demons or hybrid creatures.

Numbers 13:33 "But the men that went up with him said, We be not able to go up against the people; for they are stronger than we. And they brought up an evil report of the land which they had searched unto the children of Israel, saying, The land, through which we have gone to search it, is a land that eateth up the inhabitants thereof; and all the people that we saw in it are men of a great stature. 3 And there we saw the giants(Nephilim), the sons of Anak, which come of the giants(Nephilim): and we were in our own sight as grasshoppers, and so we were in their sight. "

Those are the only two passages in scripture that use the term Nephilim.

There are other passages that mention Giants; and Anak and his children. Let's look at them to be thorough; and to see if those verses are harboring demon/hybrids; or simply human men.

Numbers 13:28 "the people be strong that dwell in the land, and the cities are walled, and very great: and moreover we saw the children of Anak there. "

Deut 1:28 Whither shall we go up? our brethren have discouraged our heart, saying, The people is greater and taller than we; the cities are great and walled up to heaven; and moreover we have seen the sons of the Anakims there.

Deut 2:10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims; Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims; but the Moabites called them Emims.

Deut 2:20 " (That also was accounted a land of giants: giants dwelt therein in old time; and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims; A people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims;"

Deut 3:11 For only Og king of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold his bedstead was a bedstead of iron; is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? nine cubits was the length thereof, and four cubits the breadth of it, after the cubit of a man. And this land, which we possessed at that time, from Aroer, which is by the river Arnon, and half mount Gilead, and the cities thereof, gave I unto the Reubenites and to the Gadites. And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, being the kingdom of Og, gave I unto the half tribe of Manasseh; all the region of Argob, with all Bashan, which was called the land of giants.

(the kingdoms of Og, Gilead, and Bashan, and Argob, (and later the Philistines) were all from other verses, contextually given as kindgoms of men; no mention of them being demon/hybrid creatures)

Deut 9:2 A people great and tall, the children of the Anakims, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say, Who can stand before the children of Anak!

Deut 14;15 "Arba(the father of Anak) was a great man among the Anakims"

2 Samuels 21; we see giants again, used to describe the human Philistine warrior people.

2 Samuel 21:16 And Ishbibenob, which was of the sons of the giant, the weight of whose spear weighed three hundred shekels of brass in weight, he being girded with a new sword, thought to have slain David. But Abishai the son of Zeruiah succoured him, and smote the Philistine, and killed him. Then the men of David sware unto him, saying, Thou shalt go no more out with us to battle, that thou quench not the light of Israel. And it came to pass after this, that there was again a battle with the Philistines at Gob: then Sibbechai the Hushathite slew Saph, which was of the sons of the giant. And there was again a battle in Gob with the Philistines, where Elhanan the son of Jaareoregim, a Bethlehemite, slew the brother of Goliath the Gittite, the staff of whose spear was like a weaver's beam. And there was yet a battle in Gath, where was a man of great stature, that had on every hand six fingers, and on every foot six toes, four and twenty in number; and he also was born to the giant. And when he defied Israel, Jonathan the son of Shimeah the brother of David slew him. 2 These four were born to the giant in Gath, and fell by the hand of David, and by the hand of his servants.

So where did the Demon/Hybrid creatures go, that the occult and mythos call Nephilims?
    Scripture over and over; doesn't mention anything other than they are great, big, and tall men. People. Members of human people kingdoms.

Let context drive truth.
    Dismiss the myths and fantasy's that attempt to creep in.

Thread Information