Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Nephilim

Re: Nephilim

Quote Originally Posted by Athanasius View Post
    They're also unlike man
    They are? Scripture? You just don't get it. Why do you keep making this claim without any scripture?

Quote Originally Posted by Noeb View Post
    Yes we do.
    Go for it

Really? Like you saying "God could have" LOL[/QUOTE]

Except mine wasn't a serious suggestion

We're talking about humans of this age, not the next (who, by the way, won't be reproducing with each other, or with angels).
    and you think won't means can't and there again is your problem of no scripture to back up what you think.

They are? Scripture? You just don't get it. Why do you keep making this claim without any scripture?
    I've already alluded to two instances: one where angels blind the men of Sodom and Gomorrah, and another where an angel slaughters 185,000 Assyrian soldiers. Men aren't capable of these things. Are these examples not in your Bible?

Except mine wasn't a serious suggestion
    If you're not serious, stop wasting our time with your thoughts and assumptions without scripture.

I've already alluded to two instances: one where angels blind the men of Sodom and Gomorrah, and another where an angel slaughters 185,000 Assyrian soldiers. Men aren't capable of these things. Are these examples not in your Bible?
    Ability is not constitution. Sorry. How are they unlike humans?

and you think won't means can't and there again is your problem of no scripture to back up what you think.
    Won't, and can't. According to what we know of God's character, such behaviour would imply sexual immorality (and there won't be sexual immorality in the next age). Can't, because angels and humans are different kinds.

I sped through this thread. I agree with those saying that Gen6 is referring to humans (not angels or fallen angels) and that likewise Job 1 and 2 is referring to humans (not angels or fallen angels) and that the setting was on the earth (not up in Heaven; the phrasing does not imply this [up in Heaven] at all, either directly or indirectly).

Ability is not constitution. Sorry. How are they unlike humans?
    And you know this for sure about angels? How do you know?

We're talking about humans of this age, not the next (who, by the way, won't be reproducing with each other, or with angels).
    um....no we're not. The only difference from scripture is they are spiritual and we are not, but we will be. The mortality of our clothing is irrelevant to our function.

If you're not serious, stop wasting our time with your thoughts and assumptions without scripture.
    You're funny when you struggle

um....no we're not. The only difference from scripture is they are spiritual and we are not, but we will be. The mortality of our clothing is irrelevant to our function.
    The humans of Genesis 6 aren't part of this age? I know what you're trying to imply, and no, we have no reason to think this is the case

Sticking with it? Here's Daniel 2.43:

And just as you saw the iron mixed with baked clay, so the people will be a mixture and will not remain united, any more than iron mixes with clay.

He's talking about the intermixing of kingdoms national politics, not sex, although...
    Or - and get ready for this crazy theory - sin was the problem (and of a kind different than genetic manipulation, which is not at all even hinted at in the text).

Agreed...

You're funny when you struggle
    To what? Get you to use some intelligence? You have a lot, and you know I usually agree with you and love your posts, I just don't know why you're not utilizing it here. Sometimes people can be too smart and miss the forest for the trees.

The humans of Genesis 6 aren't part of this age? I know what you're trying to imply, and no, we have no reason to think this is the case
    So we're not going to be like Jesus now? Great. You've gone off the cliff.

Blog Entries

Which apparently means that spiritual beings are able to eat and drink. This doesn't mean that therefore, spiritual beings are also able to reproduce with humans.
    No, but they can as Scripture shows us.

As I asked: which is more likely, that 'righteous' men took ungodly wives, or angels - who as far as Jesus has told us, do not marry - descended from heaven and took wives (assuming they have sex drives)?
    Why do you assume this? Which righteous men and what ungodly wives? Jesus is not talking about fallen angels, but about those who are worthy of the resurrection.

This is the point of Scripture is contention. Are angels described anywhere else as engaging in sexual or reproductive behaviour? They are not, unless you want to appeal to pseudepigraphical works (the same one where the Nephilim were 450 feet tall, and Satan spent time on earth teaching humanity the humanities).
    I have no idea why you bring this up, but you seem to believe there offspring wasn't far larger then normal human? King Og of Basan slept in a bed 4 meters (13 feet) long (Deut. 3:11). Others have six toes on the feet and six fingers on the hands and are huge as well (2 Sam. 21:10). This clearly shows DNA corruption. People do not grow so big, or grow more limbs.

Is it not obvious? On the one hand we have angels, and on the other, humans. We have, in fact, an entire creation account that makes no reference to the creation of angels, and explicit reference to the creation of humans.
    And? What does that got to do with anything? We know very well they were created anyway.

But in the case of Psalms and Hebrews, those are statements about Jesus. Let's assume they're also true about humanity as a whole. In that case, we have a statement on status not ontology. Neither of these verses suggest that because Jesus is lower than the angels, that humans and angels are similar species who are reproductively compatible. This is a gross misuse of both Scripture in question.
    Not only Jesus was lower then the angels all human are lower then the angels. Psa. 8:5 is not about Jesus alone but about men in general. That is the job Adam had to do but failed at.

It's a presumption informed by what we know of creation. We can't say the same about the view that angels are genetically compatible, which flies in the face of everything we know about creation. And yes, as a human with a God-given brain I think 'human thoughts' (that are informed by Scripture). You, too, have human thoughts... I think.
    But angels not being genetically compatible is just your assumption on which you base your whole story. Scripture says they are.

Balaam's donkey insulted him, and Balaam's donkey eats food, so does that mean that men can reproduce with female donkeys? There's no reason to think that angels appearing as men means that therefore, they're genetically compatible with humans.
    When did Balaam's donkey presented himself as a man?

You really are spinning around in the circle of you own thoughts. You do not understand what is going on in Genesis, obviously. I'll try to explain it to you.

The Lord put Adam in the garden of Eden, where Satan seduces the woman He gave Adam, to eat of the forbidden fruit, and Adam takes it from the woman and eats. When this happens these are the only people on the planet.

What does the Lord now say:

Gen. 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee (Satan) and the woman, and between thy (Satan's) seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy (Satan's) head, and thou shalt bruise his heel .

With this short sentence the Lord says quite a lot. The bruise of the heel paints us the most important moment in creation, the crucifixion of the Lord. The bruise of the head , the eventual destruction of Satan. Now Satan, evil as he may be, is no idiot, so he believes what the Lord says. We know that Satan didn't fall alone, a lot of angels fell with him, Rev. 12:4 suggests a third.

So Satan knows that Adam and Eve are going to procreate and the Seed that is going to come from it, is going to defeat him. The simplest way to stop that seed from coming is to suffocate this seed by creating the nephilim by making his fallen angels procreate with Adam's daughters. The whole of creation will be corrupted by this false seed and the Seed will never be there. He won! Well that was the idea anyway, but failed when the Lord took Noah and his family of whom the Lord says: ... for thee have I seen righteous before me in this generation . The word righteous can be taken very well here in the two meanings it has in Hebrew, righteous from a spiritual sense and righteous from a physical sense. Noah and his family were not corrupted, neither spiritually nor physically. In other words, their DNA was not corrupted.

Since the whole of the earth was corrupted by the seed of the fallen angels, the flood came. So besides the fact you seem to refuse to believe Scripture, there is nothing else why anybody would not believe this, it's there, in Scripture.

Aristarkos

Blog Entries

Hardly. Sons of God is explicitly linked to angels. 2+2=4 man. Now go read Gen 6. You don't know what God had in mind when he created angels or how he created them. They can function here on earth exactly as man in many ways so why stop at reproduction? Scripture doesn't tell you to stop there. What gives?
    Come on, the idea (male) angels can propagate with women remains what it is, an assumption, it's nowhere in Scripture. Also the idea our Bible contains borrowed elements from pagan religions where gods mated with women like rabbits is repulsive. Nevertheless I am stuck at 1 Cor 11:10

That is why a wife ought to have a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.

Which moves us right into Gen 6.

Paul likely being under the influence of the then popular book of Enoch.

Now we know the book of Enoch is not Scripture.

No church I am aware off that teaches women to cover their heads because of the angels.

Are churches disobedient to Scripture?

Thread Information