Thread: Questions about the power of Satan and his minions

Questions about the power of Satan and his minions

OK. Not sure whether this is the right space for this question. If not, feel free to move it to the proper forum. I recently have been asking God for his guidance on something. Praying A LOT about it. I seemingly get guideposts that point to the fact that He's responding to me one way, but I don't want to attribute a "sign" to Him that may not necessarily be from Him. It's not something I can test against the Word per se.

My question is this: How much power does Satan have over causing circumstances to appear to affirm a certain direction? In other words, what is his power over coincidence? There have been some very strong coincidences that have happened that directly relate to the issue I have been praying about, and they make me think that only God could have done them. On the other hand, I do not want to be too quick to ascribe those to God since I have no way of knowing for sure. Does Satan whisper in someone's ear to leave someplace at a certain time in order that you may run into them? He didn't have to tell the person to do anything wrong. Just to leave a place so they tun into them. It's a tricky question. The odds of a couple of these coincidences are pretty astronomical, especially when you consider the fact that I'm praying a lot about it. But I have been duped (as I'm sure we all have) by Satan and his minions before to think God had a plan for something for me that never transpired.

Re: Questions about the power of Satan and his minions

Two things that i can think of..

Proverbs 3:1 My son, forget not my law; but let thine heart keep my commandments:

2 For length of days, and long life, and peace, shall they add to thee.

3 Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck; write them upon the table of thine heart:

4 So shalt thou find favour and good understanding in the sight of God and man.

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

7 Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.

8 It shall be health to thy navel, and marrow to thy bones.

And..

Ephesians 4:27 Neither give place to the devil.

28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:

32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

Jude
    A time will come when instead of shepherds feeding the sheep, the church will have clowns entertaining the goats.

~ Charles Spurgeon

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Semi-tortured View Post
    OK. Not sure whether this is the right space for this question. If not, feel free to move it to the proper forum. I recently have been asking God for his guidance on something. Praying A LOT about it. I seemingly get guideposts that point to the fact that He's responding to me one way, but I don't want to attribute a "sign" to Him that may not necessarily be from Him. It's not something I can test against the Word per se.

My question is this: How much power does Satan have over causing circumstances to appear to affirm a certain direction? In other words, what is his power over coincidence? There have been some very strong coincidences that have happened that directly relate to the issue I have been praying about, and they make me think that only God could have done them. On the other hand, I do not want to be too quick to ascribe those to God since I have no way of knowing for sure. Does Satan whisper in someone's ear to leave someplace at a certain time in order that you may run into them? He didn't have to tell the person to do anything wrong. Just to leave a place so they tun into them. It's a tricky question. The odds of a couple of these coincidences are pretty astronomical, especially when you consider the fact that I'm praying a lot about it. But I have been duped (as I'm sure we all have) by Satan and his minions before to think God had a plan for something for me that never transpired.
    Rather than Satan or minions, our own hearts can deceive us.
    If I want to see something bad enough, I can envision it.

Jeremiah 17:9: The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

Maybe not helpful, but it is difficult not knowing your situation as well.
    Peace to you!

It is because of Him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption.

1 Corinthians 1:30

Quote Originally Posted by Semi-tortured View Post
    My question is this: How much power does Satan have over causing circumstances to appear to affirm a certain direction?
    The temptation to do evil.

Quote Originally Posted by journeyman View Post
    The temptation to do evil.
    Satan's greatest tool is convincing the world he and his minions don't exist. Yet he telecasts his evil thoughts throughout the world. He is called the Prince of the power of the air: Think telepathy like radio waves. With just this power, he does rule this world's systems. That is because man runs things swayed by Satan. Man was given dominion (Gen. 1:28). God will intervene in time to save us from ourselves.

Eph. 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"

Satan is very good at his job. He will whisper in you ear just the right thing at the right time. We need to learn holiness and evil so we can discern what spirit we are listening to. The Holy Spirit will not be quick to condemn you or to assign blame, that is the evil side. The Holy Spirit will encourage you and edify you.
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

Quote Originally Posted by Deade View Post
    Satan's greatest tool is convincing the world he and his minions don't exist.
    That's what Keyser Soze said, but I'd say his greatest tool is convincing the world God doesn't exist.

Yet he telecasts his evil thoughts throughout the world. He is called the Prince of the power of the air: Think telepathy like radio waves. With just this power, he does rule this world's systems. That is because man runs things swayed by Satan. Man was given dominion (Gen. 1:28). God will intervene in time to save us from ourselves.
    God has already intervened to save us from ourselves. If you don't see this in Jesus, there's something terribly wrong with your thinking.

Eph. 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:"
    Yep, in time past Satan ruled us, but doesn't anymore. Thank you Jesus!

Satan is very good at his job. He will whisper in you ear just the right thing at the right time. We need to learn holiness and evil so we can discern what spirit we are listening to. The Holy Spirit will not be quick to condemn you or to assign blame, that is the evil side. The Holy Spirit will encourage you and edify you.
    Right.

That's what Keyser Soze said, but I'd say his greatest tool is convincing the world God doesn't exist.
    Oh, I don't know about that. Satan is very much in the religion business(2 Cor. 11:14).

God has already intervened to save us from ourselves. If you don't see this in Jesus, there's something terribly wrong with your thinking.
    Tell me you haven't been cut off in traffic, and listened when a demon whispered an ill attitude in you ear. Not even for an instant did you harbor ill will?

Yep, in time past Satan ruled us, but doesn't anymore. Thank you Jesus!
    Yes, praise God He has given us spiritual discernment.

Right.
    Right you are: this is the result of that discernment.

Attached Images Attached Images

Oh, I don't know about that. Satan is very much in the religion business(2 Cor. 11:14).
    Yes he is, but his purpose is to convince sinners that man is his own god. Therefore, his purpose is to convince sinners the only true God doesn't exist.

Tell me you haven't been cut off in traffic, and listened when a demon whispered an ill attitude in you ear. Not even for an instant did you harbor ill will?
    Brother, I want to show you something. I want to show you this to teach you, not to hurt you. Look at your statement here,

The Holy Spirit will not be quick to condemn you or to assign blame, that is the evil side. The Holy Spirit will encourage you and edify you.
    I fully agree, but look at your statement here,

Stop doing that.

In the slave pits of manmade Christianity, setting the captives free.

Satan is a defeated foe, powerless against the Christian.

People blame the devil and the demons for their own flesh every day. I hear it all the time " the devil is attacking me " I just shake my head. No... your just making stupid decisions and paying the consequence for them. We give the devil way too much credit sometimes.

Yes he is, but his purpose is to convince sinners that man is his own god. Therefore, his purpose is to convince sinners the only true God doesn't exist.

Brother, I want to show you something. I want to show you this to teach you, not to hurt you. Look at your statement here,

I fully agree, but look at your statement here,

Stop doing that.
    So you are saying you never listen to a suggestion by Satan, even for an instant. Once you realize the thought is not holy and not from your conscious self, you quench it with your faith. The thoughts from the dark side are called fiery darts.

James 1/ 14 " but each one is tempted when he is drawn away by his own desires and enticed. Then, when desire has conceived , it gives birth to sin, and sin, when it is full grown, brings forth death".

If we read the verses before verse 14 we know that God doesn't tempt. But we can also deduce that the temptation is not what gets us, it's us allowing ourselves to be enticed. The world is one big temptation, and the enemy or his minions don't need to be whispering in anyone's ear to do this or that. The enemy isn't omniscient. He doesn't know all things. He isn't omnipresent, he can only be at one place at one time. Also , according to the scriptures, there are 2 angels for every demon. We have the Holy Spirit, we have the ability to pray and intercede for others and ourselves. Truthfully , we are completely able to overcome the schemes of the enemy.

But here is the real issue. We give the enemy way too much credit. Let me make it a little more clear... Do you believe that the enemy will be concerned with anyone not making a difference in the kingdom ? Of course not. We blame the enemy for most of the consequences of just living in a fallen world, and rightly so, but we have to understand this doesn't constitute an "attack of the devil". it's just life.

Also, I have tried to counsel more people who blame the enemy for consequences in their lives that they call "an attack" when in reality the fault lies clearly at their own feet. Real persecution of the enemy is obvious and not a byproduct of doing things wrong, but often times a byproduct of doing things right.

[FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR="#8B0000"]So you are saying you never listen to a suggestion by Satan, even for an instant.
    What I'm saying is like you taught in your previous post, by the holy spirit's leading, we should not assign blame. We know we're all in need of God's mercy. Let's just go on and encourage one another.

Once you realize the thought is not holy and not from your conscious self, you quench it with your faith. The thoughts from the dark side are called fiery darts.
    Oh it's very important to put our battle gear on which Paul instructed in Eph.6. I'm convinced the war to end all wars people are waiting for is going on right now.

Thread Information