Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Old Testment New Testment ?(Moved from GIC)

Old Testment New Testment ?(Moved from GIC)

I just wonder how many people understand that there is a big difference in these day's

In compression to years before our time.......

It was different in time before JESUS and again after the Cross.

Salvation has become so easy for us in these day's !
    Eph. 2:8
    For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
    9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Blog Entries

Re: Old Testment New Testment ?

Salvation didn't become easy, it became possible.
    This Space For Rent

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by grams View Post
    I just wonder how many people understand that there is a big difference in these day's

You say salvation is easy these days?

It's exactly the same as far as "work" on our part - easy or hard.

Why? Because there is no work on our part to be saved. God alone saves.

In the Old Testament, people were declared righteous by God according to their faith. Abraham was declared righteous by God because of his faith in God. So were his wife and all of the people of God in the Old Testament days - read Hebrews 11. Old Testament people will be in heaven, too. And just like us, the Bible says, it will be because of their faith. There were no works that they had to do.

In the New Testament, it's also by faith alone.

Not easy - not hard. Just by faith.
    ".....it's your nickel"

Quote Originally Posted by -SEEKING- View Post
    Salvation didn't become easy, it became possible.
    Believing in something without seeing it runs counter to our nature. We tend to be very skeptical about what we believe. God said we cannot please him without faith (Heb. 11:6). There must be something character building about operating in faith. It does not necessarily get easier with time.
    John 15:17 "These things I command you, that ye love one another."

The ear tickling philosophy of today's preachers is that salvation is easy; the truth before, now and forever tells a different story... one about dying to one's self
    Jesus said, "Out of the hardness of your hearts Moses gave a writ of divorce; but from the beginning it was not so." How many more things do you suppose are, "From the beginning, NOT so?"

Blog Entries

The hardest decision in my life.

During the old times, you had to work for salvation...... all sorts of things.

[THAT we do not seem to understand about in these day's..] WORK'S !!!!!!!!!!

I am talking about the CROSS and what JESUS did for our sins....... Belief and understanding makes a big difference !

Today it is just upon belief and faith.

During the old times, you had to work for salvation...... all sorts of things.

[THAT we do not seem to understand about in these day's..] WORK'S !!!!!!!!!!

I am talking about the CROSS and what JESUS did for our sins....... Belief and understanding makes a big difference !

Today it is just upon belief and faith.
    Yes, but if it is real faith it will manifest itself in works. Not flesh doing what it thinks God want done but real HS guided works.

James 2:18 "But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works."

Quote Originally Posted by ProDeo View Post
    The hardest decision in my life.
    That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT.
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by mailmandan View Post
    That salvation is by grace through faith and is not by works (Ephesians 2:8,9) is not hard to understand. It's just hard for many people to ACCEPT.
    What I find many hard to accept is that AFTER salvation, which is the free gift of grace through Christ, repentance and a changed life is necessary to enjoy "things that accompany salvation" (Hebrews 6:9). Many people want to stop at salvation, but the thing is, Salvation is the STARTING point of the race... repentance, a changed life, daily following Christ (picking up one's cross)... these are the works-based doctrine that most don't want to move into after the comfortable salvation they've been given...
    Jesus said, "Out of the hardness of your hearts Moses gave a writ of divorce; but from the beginning it was not so." How many more things do you suppose are, "From the beginning, NOT so?"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Falconcheff View Post
    What I find many hard to accept is that AFTER salvation, which is the free gift of grace through Christ, repentance and a changed life is necessary to enjoy "things that accompany salvation" (Hebrews 6:9). Many people want to stop at salvation, but the thing is, Salvation is the STARTING point of the race... repentance, a changed life, daily following Christ (picking up one's cross)... these are the works-based doctrine that most don't want to move into after the comfortable salvation they've been given...
    Yep, that was the point I was making in my previous post.

Those who have been saved by grace through faith have repented and the result is a changed life/bearing fruit in keeping with repentance/performing deeds appropriate to repentance (Matthew 3:8; Acts 26:20). Are you saying that many Christians are simply satisfied with being saved by grace through faith, then refuse to produce fruit and go on to maturity and prefer to remain comfortable as babes in Christ?
    Galatians 6:14 - But God forbid that I should boast except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.

Just like what usually happens we stop reading. Ephesians 2:10, For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them.
    You have only been saved in order to love Him and to walk in His good works. That is why He saved you. So He could have that relationship with you.
    Many of us still believe that we have been saved just so that we are saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Ufword View Post
    Just like what usually happens we stop reading. Ephesians 2:10, For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand so that we would walk in them. You have only been saved in order to love Him and to walk in His good works. That is why He saved you. So He could have that relationship with you. Many of us still believe that we have been saved just so that we are saved.
    Yes, we are saved FOR good works and NOT BY good works. The Lord saved us to have a love relationship with us and He expects us to walk in His good works prepared beforehand so that we should walk in them. As long as "saved for" good works does not get confused with "saved by" I'm good.

The ear tickling philosophy of today's preachers is that salvation is easy; the truth before, now and forever tells a different story... one about dying to one's self
    Yes Falconcheff, it indeed is a big step to embrace God's grace when He enlightens us to what is needed. A couple of scriptures comes to mind:

Matt. 16:25 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

Luke 9:23 And he said to them all, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross daily, and follow me.

Thread Information