Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where is God?

Re: Where is God?

Quote Originally Posted by bluesky22 View Post
    Yes, it’s a great question. Where is God? The question can be answered, but many will find the answer unsatisfactory. This aspec does not negate the answer tho...without revelation from God, we may never know the answer.

Indeed.

Well, Scripture contains some jewels about God. This is His revelation to us about our beginning, our condition and our future. Outside of this revelation, what can we know? We can hypothesize, does this count ? What if we hypothesize different facts?

Just because we don’t see ‘miracles’ happen, does not mean they are not happening. Also, I think that the ability of God to draw and convert a sinner, is a miracle in and of itself. So, each person that comes to Christ [ on his knees ] , is a genuine miracle of God.

Where is God?

These are just my thoughts, based on scripture & logic based on scripture.

God is a Spirit, ( John 4 ) that lives outside of our visible reality ( unless he breaks threw and shows you something
    ( Luke 1) .

He dwells in unapproachable ‘light’. ( 1 Tim 6 )

He’s morally perfect, in everyway. ( Matt 5 )

He is Uncaused and Eternal. He’s always been. ( Job 36 )

He’s not far from each one of us, in fact, right there in front us. ( Acts 17 )

He lives in a different dimension, [ spiritual realm ? ] and yet has total abiltiy to control and interact with this one. ( Romans 8 )

The Apostle Paul said, “Do you not know that you are the Temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?” (1 Corinthians 3:16)

This is a New Testament revelation.

God never intended to live in a building, we his followers, are His Temple. This was always the plan.

So, full circle, if your a Christian, “Where is God?

Right in you.

As a post edit, I will add, if God is not in us, someone else is. I don’t think there is any neutral ground here.
    to add to what you said,

the child of God doesn't need to ask where is God, if He does ask then it is because of one of the two: he is not well taught or he has his theology all wrong

the bible shows us that the man born again has God Indwelling him John 14:18,23. Paul to the church at Colosse describe the Mystery which the Prophet sought for and prophesied about as Christ In the Believer Colossians 1:26-27 that is, the mystery which has been hidden from the past ages and generations, but has now been manifested to His [a]saints, to whom God willed to make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory.

selah

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthope View Post
    How do you answer this question that is posed more and more often by today's society?

It is a legitimate question.

If I said I was God, you'd demand proof.

So how do you answer someone who asks this question of God?

Point to scripture? That is 2000 years old.

In the day of YouTube and video cameras, where are the miracles that Jesus said would accompany his followers?

How do you answer these questions?
    where He has always been, available to the faithful to Him.
    Let there be Light

find a kids 100 piece puzzle, put in a jar.
    Ask him to shake it until the puzzle comes together.
    The odds for that to come together is a lot less than Evolution odds.

Then start pointing out how complex the human body is.

Which came first? Heart, Lungs, blood veins?

Blog Entries

How do you answer this question that is posed more and more often by today's society?

In the day of YouTube and video cameras, where are the miracles that Jesus said would accompany his followers?

For the fatally skeptical, there is no proof that would satisfy. If a YouTube Video, "it was faked." If a miracle, "it was advanced technology." If a personal visitation, "it was an hallucination." Whatever proof is offered, there will be a rationalization to avoid it.

Paul says that anyone who sleeps outside under the stars will come to know about God through all he has made. For anyone willing to see it with an open mind, the proof is there already.

Quote Originally Posted by CadyandZoe View Post
    For the fatally skeptical, there is no proof that would satisfy. If a YouTube Video, "it was faked." If a miracle, "it was advanced technology." If a personal visitation, "it was an hallucination." Whatever proof is offered, there will be a rationalization to avoid it.

Paul says that anyone who sleeps outside under the stars will come to know about God through all he has made. For anyone willing to see it with an open mind, the proof is there already.
    We're not talking fatally skeptical. We're talking reasonably skeptical.

For example, to someone who is indoctrinated all their life that there is no God, and you come along and say there is a God, it is perfectly reasonable for that person to say "Where is the evidence?"

True, there are those who will not believe no matter what. No historian claims that Jesus didn't exist, yet there are those who will insist that he never did. Yet, when someone asks how do you know that God is real, they want an answer that is more than just "Trust me."

If addressing an unbeliever I would tell him that God is hanging on a cross dying for your sins.

If a believer, I'd tell him He is risen from the dead siitting a the right hand of the Father.

(There is no knowing God apart from Jesus Christ.)

If addressing an unbeliever I would tell him that God is hanging on a cross dying for your sins.

If a believer, I'd tell him He is risen from the dead siitting a the right hand of the Father.

♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crossnote View Post

That would not be the proper way. 1 John 5:1 teaches us « Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God ... », so they were believers in God but not yet in Jesus Christ. So preaching an unbeliever this would be pointless because they have to be regenerated by God to be able to believe this.

Paul is showing us what to preach to unbelievers in Acts 14:15 « And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein ». If this is accepted and believed a regeneration has to follow — which is an act of God not of humans — and then you can preach Jesus Christ.

Aristarkos

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post
    That would not be the proper way. 1 John 5:1 teaches us « Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God ... », so they were believers in God but not yet in Jesus Christ. So preaching an unbeliever this would be pointless because they have to be regenerated by God to be able to believe this.

Paul is showing us what to preach to unbelievers in Acts 14:15 « And saying, Sirs, why do ye these things? We also are men of like passions with you, and preach unto you that ye should turn from these vanities unto the living God, which made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein ». If this is accepted and believed a regeneration has to follow — which is an act of God not of humans — and then you can preach Jesus Christ.

Aristarkos

Yet a person cannot be born again except through the Word. How will they know the Living God apart from Jesus Christ?

Many believe in an Almighty Creator (e.g. Jewish faith and Islam) but reject the Son.

Your formula seems to break down with the Philippian jailor...

And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here. Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:27-31 KJV)

Quote Originally Posted by Aristarkos View Post

Aristarkos

Yet a person cannot be born again except through the Word. How will they know the Living God apart from Jesus Christ?

Many believe in an Almighty Creator (e.g. Jewish faith and Islam) but reject the Son.

Your formula seems to break down with the Philippian jailor...

And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled. But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here. Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas, And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved? And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:27-31 KJV)
    ♪ Each day may Christ become clearer, His Cross dearer, Our Hope nearer. ♫

Yuma, AZ where chocolate melts in the fridge

You want proof? What does that mean?

You have an invisible list of rules to determine if a proof is valid or invalid. There is no way to be sure everybody is using the same list, and humans have always had a strong tendency to change their rules to prove whatever they would prefer to believe. And in most cases they will die for what they believe.

How is it that you will believe something you made up yourself, but you won't believe the bible that has withstood all challenges for thousands of years? When you demand proof you are only saying that you are your own god of rightness. Ok, you're on your own.

Isa 43:10 Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

God puts knowing before believing.

The Greek influence in our churches has taught us that no one can know until they believe and then interpret the world in light of that belief. We are told we have to first believe the Bible to know that it is God-breathed. God said we can know. When asked, I suggest that in fact there are proofs for God, but that most people are too lazy to seek him.

Before creation there was nothing but God. He is the real reality. When he decided to create, he could not create outside of himself because there is no place that is outside of God; no container big enough to hold him:

1Ki 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

So he created the universe within himself. This is why he is omnipresent. Where we define a vacuum, God is still there. He is to us, like the water to the fish, and the air to the birds. No man has ever seen or heard him. Fish can't see water or they would see nothing else, and birds can't see air.

Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

The fish and birds swim or fly where they will, but the current pushes them to accomplish Gods purposes. He has revealed himself in his word in this same way. The literal-historical record tells of people living their lives largely oblivious to God working, but God has nudged them all to accomplish his purposes.

Most have read that to mean that God was at work in the lives of people to prepare the world for his son and the cross. As true as it is, that is a claim that is subject to interpretation and debate by many. The proof comes in the form of security paper. Luke demonstrates this in Acts 12 as a way to teach us to see it throughout the OT.

Acts 12 tells the historical record of Peter being tossed in prison and escaping miraculously. But there is a hidden picture of Christ, in great detail (and even greater than I will demonstrate in this short note:

Herod had vexed the church (the body of Christ) and Christ.
    Both were arrested the week before Passover.
    Both were put between 2
    Both were poked in the side
    The light shown in both places
    There were 3 barriers to escape: 2 sets of guards and a gate, 2 days in death and the stone.
    The gate and the stone were opened miraculously
    Jesus saw Mary first so Peter went to Mary's house
    Both women ran to tell the disciples
    Both were told they were crazy
    When they were finished visiting, both went to another place.

Luke also demonstrates the nature of prophetic riddle. At the beginning of the story, it says Herod had killed James, but at the end Peter says "Go tell James."
    The riddle is that those who died before Christ, rose with him.

Yes, I know that is strange and foreign to the way we have been taught. But Luke is trying to teach us how to spot the pictures of Christ in the OT.
    As we learn to read the OT from the NT authors, like Luke, we will see that he does not use free-for-all allegory, but actually applies some rules which make the hidden pictures of Christ humanly impossible to impose after the fact.

Every word of every verse of every Book of the OT participate in these hidden pictures of Christ, in great detail, and like security paper, validate the literal has not been changed, and by it's existence, even shows us which books are actually scripture and which are not, such that we don't need church councils to tell us.

As God said... we can know.

Isa 43:10 Ye [are] my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I [am] he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

God puts knowing before believing.

The Greek influence in our churches has taught us that no one can know until they believe and then interpret the world in light of that belief. We are told we have to first believe the Bible to know that it is God-breathed. God said we can know. When asked, I suggest that in fact there are proofs for God, but that most people are too lazy to seek him.

Before creation there was nothing but God. He is the real reality. When he decided to create, he could not create outside of himself because there is no place that is outside of God; no container big enough to hold him:

1Ki 8:27 But will God indeed dwell on the earth? behold, the heaven and heaven of heavens cannot contain thee; how much less this house that I have builded?

So he created the universe within himself. This is why he is omnipresent. Where we define a vacuum, God is still there. He is to us, like the water to the fish, and the air to the birds. No man has ever seen or heard him. Fish can't see water or they would see nothing else, and birds can't see air.

Joh 5:37 And the Father himself, which hath sent me, hath borne witness of me. Ye have neither heard his voice at any time, nor seen his shape.

The fish and birds swim or fly where they will, but the current pushes them to accomplish Gods purposes. He has revealed himself in his word in this same way. The literal-historical record tells of people living their lives largely oblivious to God working, but God has nudged them all to accomplish his purposes.

Most have read that to mean that God was at work in the lives of people to prepare the world for his son and the cross. As true as it is, that is a claim that is subject to interpretation and debate by many. The proof comes in the form of security paper. Luke demonstrates this in Acts 12 as a way to teach us to see it throughout the OT.

Acts 12 tells the historical record of Peter being tossed in prison and escaping miraculously. But there is a hidden picture of Christ, in great detail (and even greater than I will demonstrate in this short note:

Herod had vexed the church (the body of Christ) and Christ.
    Both were arrested the week before Passover.
    Both were put between 2
    Both were poked in the side
    The light shown in both places
    There were 3 barriers to escape: 2 sets of guards and a gate, 2 days in death and the stone.
    The gate and the stone were opened miraculously
    Jesus saw Mary first so Peter went to Mary's house
    Both women ran to tell the disciples
    Both were told they were crazy
    When they were finished visiting, both went to another place.

Luke also demonstrates the nature of prophetic riddle. At the beginning of the story, it says Herod had killed James, but at the end Peter says "Go tell James."
    The riddle is that those who died before Christ, rose with him.

Yes, I know that is strange and foreign to the way we have been taught. But Luke is trying to teach us how to spot the pictures of Christ in the OT.
    As we learn to read the OT from the NT authors, like Luke, we will see that he does not use free-for-all allegory, but actually applies some rules which make the hidden pictures of Christ humanly impossible to impose after the fact.

Every word of every verse of every Book of the OT participate in these hidden pictures of Christ, in great detail, and like security paper, validate the literal has not been changed, and by it's existence, even shows us which books are actually scripture and which are not, such that we don't need church councils to tell us.

As God said... we can know.

Bible does show that God hides Himself from mankind. The prophet Isaiah records in Isaiah 45:15, “Truly You are God, who hide Yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior!” Isaiah is acknowledging that God actually was concealing Himself from His chosen people. Why would He do that?

King David, a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22), lamented that He could not seem to find God in times of trouble. He stated in Psalm 10:1, “Why do You stand afar off, O Lord? Why do You hide in times of trouble?” Again in Psalm 13:1 he wrote, “How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?” We see the same sentiment later in Psalm 89:46: “How long, Lord? Will You hide Yourself forever?”

Bible does show that God hides Himself from mankind. The prophet Isaiah records in Isaiah 45:15, “Truly You are God, who hide Yourself, O God of Israel, the Savior!” Isaiah is acknowledging that God actually was concealing Himself from His chosen people. Why would He do that?

King David, a man after God’s own heart (Acts 13:22), lamented that He could not seem to find God in times of trouble. He stated in Psalm 10:1, “Why do You stand afar off, O Lord? Why do You hide in times of trouble?” Again in Psalm 13:1 he wrote, “How long, O Lord? Will You forget me forever? How long will You hide Your face from me?” We see the same sentiment later in Psalm 89:46: “How long, Lord? Will You hide Yourself forever?”

Thread Information