Thread: The biggest fool

The biggest fool

The biggest fool, are people who fool.

Matt 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

I have set you an example that you should do as I have done for you. John 13:15

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.
    Matt 25:46

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,
    and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.
    1 Tim 6:10

Re: The biggest fool

Quote Originally Posted by Protective Angel View Post
    The biggest fool, are people who fool.

Matt 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.
    21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
    I recently commented on this passage in another thread. Let us discover why they were fools.

The very first thing we should chisel into our understanding is that Matthew Chapters 5, 6 & 7 were written to the Believer - not to Israel and not to the Gentiles. In Matthew 5:1-2 the grammar is decisive. It reads;

1 "And seeing the multitudes, he went up into a mountain: and when he was set, his disciples came unto him:
    2 And he opened his mouth, and taught them, saying, ..."

The word "THEM" in verse 2 points to the "disciples" of verse 1. Even though a huge crowd heard Him, a crowd made of Israelites, Samaritans and Gentiles, the words that our Lord Jesus teach in Matthew 5, 6 & 7 are meant ONLY for His disciples. This is decisive in your chosen text in Chapter 7. So we must ask,
    1. Who calls our Lord Jesus "Lord, Lord!"?
    2. Who can prophesy in Jesus' name?
    3. Who can cast out demons?
    4. Who can do MANY mighty and wondrous works in Jesus' Name?

Well, the answers are not left for us to answer. They are given by scripture.
    1. A man or woman who calls on the "Lord" is SAVED. Romans 10:13 says, "For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." And further 1st Corinthians 12:3 says, "Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost." Truly, these men and women are the Lord's DISCIPLES.
    2. Which man or woman who hates Jesus, who abhors His Person and who despises His Work will prophesy in His Name? He will rather prophesy in his own name. The Jews hate Jesus and the Gentiles are indifferent to Him. Only a DISCIPLE will prophesy in His name.
    3. In Mark 16:17 it says; "And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out demons; they shall speak with new tongues." The casting out of a demon is a "sign" of a BELIEVER. Added to this, to cast out a demon needs POWER from GOD alone. Luke 11:20 says; "But if I with the finger of God cast out demons, no doubt the kingdom of God is come upon you." Even our Lord Jesus did not cast out demons by His own power, but that of God His Father. Then, we learn in Luke 9:1, "Then he called his twelve disciples together, and gave them power and authority over all devils, and to cure diseases." A Christian cannot cast out demons unless it is given to him. Finally we learn that Satan would never cast out a demon because he knows that he will destroy his kingdom. In Mark 3:23-26 it says;
      23 "And he called them unto him, and said unto them in parables, How can Satan cast out Satan?
      24 And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand.
      25 And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand.
      26 And if Satan rise up against himself, and be divided, he cannot stand, but hath an end."

It is clear that ONLY A DISCIPLE can cast out demons!
    4. Lastly, when Moses returned to Egypt he did "many" wondrous works. Satan's priests could only do THREE. While Satan can do SOME lying wonders, the DISCIPLE can do MANY wondrous works. So Acts 2:43 and 5:12 say severally;
      43 "And fear came upon every soul: and many wonders and signs were done by the apostles."
      12 "And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; ... ."

Only DISCIPLES can do MANY wondrous works in Jesus' Name

The fools of Matthew 7 were CHRISTIANS - BELIEVERS - DISCIPLES, and they are designated "workers of iniquity"! WHY? Not because their works were evil, BUT BECAUSE THEY DID THEM WITHOUT ORDERS FROM THEIR MASTER. The accusation of Jesus in Matthew 7 is NOT directed against the works. It is directed at "... he that doeth (NOT) the will of my Father which is in heaven."! One of the most marked examples of this is Paul. We DISCIPLES have a command from Jesus. In Acts 1:8, "... and ye shall (emphatic) be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth." In Acts 16:6, Paul sets out for Asia, but, "... were forbidden of the Holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia". What is this? Again, in verse 7 it is, "After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to go into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not." WHAT? Have they not a command to go to the uttermost parts of the earth? YES! But the Master reserves the right to accomplish His plan FIRST in Macedonia! It is not up to the DISCIPLE to DECIDE. It is up to "the WILL of the Father in heaven!"

And the Master reserves the right to cast out a demon WHEN HE WANTS not when the DISCIPLE wants to. The Christian is a "bond-servant" (lit. Gk.). That is, a slave who has no rights. The "workers of iniquity" in Matthew 7 ARE BELIEVING CHRISTIAN DISCIPLES! And they, although they did miracle after miracle, and did it all with and by the power of Jesus, they are REBELS and will not enter the coming Millennial Kingdom when Christ comes!

SOBERING!

We have "self" disciples today. Fooling others, when their heart is not in the relationship with God. God knows.
    Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.Matt 5:6

Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.
    And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith,

We have "self" disciples today. Fooling others, when their heart is not in the relationship with God. God knows.
    I am trying to figure out just who/what you are calling self disciples. Are you talking about someone like this?

Mark 9:38-40 And John answered him, saying, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name, and he followeth not us: and we forbad him, because he followeth not us. But Jesus said, Forbid him not: for there is no man which shall do a miracle in my name, that can lightly speak evil of me. For he that is not against us is on our part.

Maybe if you could define it to me please. I am not understanding either how you could judge such a thing exists could you maybe point that out to me also.

There are those who proclaim the faith to take advantage for their self and fill their pockets. Is one example.

Faith and love are both seen by the fruits they produce. Can a Christian just sit back and do nothing with their faith?

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
    20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
    22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
    23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
    24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
    25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Some claim faith with no Spirit inside.

I'm not trying to judge anyone. Sorry if I offend. Just looking at scripture.

There are those who proclaim the faith to take advantage for their self and fill their pockets. Is one example.

Faith and love are both seen by the fruits they produce. Can a Christian just sit back and do nothing with their faith?

James 2:19 Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.
    20 But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?
    21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?
    22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?
    23 And the scripture was fulfilled which saith, Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the Friend of God.
    24 Ye see then how that by works a man is justified, and not by faith only.
    25 Likewise also was not Rahab the harlot justified by works, when she had received the messengers, and had sent them out another way?
    26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without works is dead also.

Some claim faith with no Spirit inside.

I'm not trying to judge anyone. Sorry if I offend. Just looking at scripture.
    Thanks, but it does raise more questions to me, as to just what is considered a work. I mean is prayer a work and how would you know Christians are not doing this?

Luke 2:37 And she was a widow of about fourscore and four years, which departed not from the temple, but served God with fastings and prayers night and day.

Seems to me prayer would count as being a work where faith is concerned yes?

As far as being justified, I would go more by Jesus words not OT:

Matthew 12:37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

What are your thoughts on just what is a work where faith is concerned? What would you expect to see from Christians where faith is concerned?

I struggle with just what is considered a work. What do you think of these scriptures?

Psalms 141:2 Let my prayer be set forth before thee as incense; and the lifting up of my hands as the evening sacrifice.

A work is something that helps the Kingdom of Heaven. Spreading the gospel. Helping those in need. I would think prayer. That is relationship also. Without the Spirit in us, we are nothing.

I've heard Faith causes works. Faith causes love to flow out of us, towards others.

Thread Information